Hello Hyung!

I Found You

The alarm clock rang, it was 3:30 am and Jongin quickly jumped out of bed, took a shower, opened the fridge to scavenge something to eat and after a couple of minutes he was ready to go. It was 4:30 am when he arrived in the bus station for his scheduled 5:00 am departure. He was carrying a medium-sized backpack, a camera and picture of Kyungsoo and him. The bus left at exactly five ‘o clock as scheduled. It was approximately a three-hour trip to Kyungsoo. After he arrived, he was asking passers-by for the exact location of the address given to him by Mr. Zhang and all of the people he asked points only to one direction, a bungalow located in a few blocks away from a convenient store.

 

He scoured the entire place and checked in a hotel room nearby. He quickly began his little stalking, he first asked people if a certain Do Kyungsoo lives nearby and he didn’t fail, and there was a Do Kyungsoo. Apparently he works in the nearby convenient store.   So Jongin decided to go to the convenient store to check if the information he got was true however he was wondering why there were no signs of Kyungsoo in the store.

 

“Hello sir, Good morning! This would all be 3,000 won!” the cashier said.

 

“Okay! Thank you!” Jongin handed his payment, looks around and then walks away when an idea of asking the cashier about Kyungsoo struck his mind.

 

“Mr. Cashier, uhm.. I was wondering if there is someone named Do Kyungsoo working here.” Jongin asked.

 

“Yes! Kyungsoo, the guy who lives just nearby! Why do you ask?” the cashier queried.

 

“Nothing, I was just wondering! So, where is he now?” Jongin asked again.

 

“I supposed he’s on his way, he’s rarely late!”

 

“Okay! Thanks again!” Jongin bowed then left the store.

 

After a few seconds, the door of the convenient store opened again.

 

“Oh Kyungsoo! Why are you so late?” The cashier asked.

 

“I’m so sorry, my mother arrived just this morning and it’s our first meeting in a long time!” Kyungsoo explained as he went nearer and fixed himself.

 

“Well, by the way a few moments ago there was someone who asked if you’re working here!”

 

“That’s weird! What did he say?” Kyungsoo was curious about that person.

 

“Well, nothing, he just asked! He was wearing a black coat though,”

 

“Uhh! Maybe it’s just Mr. Zhang,” Kyungsoo answered.

 

“Who’s that?” the store cashier inquired.

 

“Just an acquaintance, he interviewed me a few days back,”

 

Kyungsoo did not mind the person who was looking for him for he was thinking it was only the novelist who interviewed him not realizing it was a whole new person perhaps not really new to his heart.

 

Jongin continued his search, he began interviewing Kyungsoo’s neighbours. Jongin was asking all sort of questions such as, “How’s Kyungsoo?”, “Is he socializing with you?”, “Is he a good neighbour?” and when he asked, “Is he still a great singer?” all the replies that he gets were, “Does Kyungsoo sing?” “Is he a singer?” “I did not know he can sing!” Jongin was curious about that, why all of his neighbours did not know that Kyungsoo possesses such great singing voice. He’s thinking about the results of his interview and stalking when he saw Kyungsoo’s mom coming out at a bakery, he was sure of it. Even though he haven’t seen Kyungsoo’s mom for more than two years now, he can explicitly remember her face, so he decided to change direction to avoid being discovered prematurely.

 

“Mom, I’m home!” Kyungsoo announced as he removed his shoes.

 

“There’s bread in the table Kyung, I’m here in the kitchen cooking dinner!” His mom replied.

 

“Mom, you shouldn’t have cooked, I can cook for you!” Kyungsoo went to the kitchen to help his mom.

 

“Son, I can handle it! Go eat and rest, you’re from work, you should be exhausted,”

 

“Okay, if you insist! But next time, I’ll cook alright!” Kyungsoo grinned and proceeded in the dinner table to eat.

 

“Kyungsoo can I ask you something?”

 

“Yeah! Sure thing mom!”

 

“Do you have any news about Jongin?”

 

“Can we not talk about that mom?! Please?”

 

“Okay, but I just want you to know that I kinda have the feeling that I saw him when I bought bread in Mrs. Kang’s bakeshop,” His mother explained.

 

“Why on earth will he be here? He hates me mom and I am sure of that!” Then a memory of their talk with the cashier in the store appeared in his mind.

 

“Mom! Are you sure you saw him?” Kyungsoo asked in a worried tone.

 

“I am not sure if it’s really him, I haven’t seen him in over two years now!” Kyungsoo’s mom replied.

 

“I hope it’s not him,” Kyungsoo’s heart was pounding like something crazy is about to happen.

 

Jongin decided to return in the convenient store to have a talk with the cashier about Kyungsoo.

 

“Hello!” Jongin said as he entered.

 

“Ohh! You again! I’m sorry Kyungsoo isn’t here by now, his shift has just ended,”

 

“About that, when does his shift start by the way?” Jongin asked.

 

“It starts at 8:00 am to 5:00 pm every weekdays and 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm every weekends. Today is a Wednesday so he has already left,” the cashier explained.

 

“Thank you, by the way I’m ….” Before Jongin can continue.

 

“Mr. Zhang Yixing, the novelist who interviewed Kyungsoo, I’m Kim Minseok, nice to meet you!” the cashier introduced himself.

 

“Thanks Minseok, I was wondering if I can ask questions about Kyungsoo, just supplemental information,” Jongin requested.

 

“Yeah! You can,” Minseok replied.

 

“First, do you know that Kyungsoo sings?”

 

“Yes I do! However, he rarely sings and as a matter of fact he only sang once and it’s a Happy Birthday song for our boss here in the convenient store, we noticed that he had a great voice!” Minseok elaborated.

 

“So, do you know why he does not sing anymore?”

 

“I do not know about the exact reason, but he keeps telling me that he left his heart to a person and without his heart he just can’t make melodies seem melodious,”

 

“Do you know who this person is?” Jongin continued his questioning.

 

“Nope, and nobody does. Kyungsoo has been very cryptic about his past!”

 

“Okay, thanks for your time Minseok! I shall be leaving now! Thanks again!” Jongin bid farewell and went to his hotel room.

 

“Hyung, did you leave your heart with me, why can’t I feel it?” Jongin thought to himself.

 

A day has passed and another will come. Soon Jongin and Kyungsoo will see their paths reunite and as it is an inevitable event the two must be prepared of. Eventually their lives will reconnect and hopefully, their love will rekindle an everlasting flame of emotions and happiness.

 

A new sunrise arrived and Jongin decided to unveil his cloak and devise a plan in reintroducing his self to Kyungsoo once and for all. The new day surely went fast and soon it was 4:30 pm and it’s time to start what he planned to happen.

 

“Hello, is anybody home?” Jongin announced.

 

“Yes,” Kyungsoo’s mom opened the door and saw Jongin. “Hello, Jongin!” Kyungsoo’s mom stammered.

 

“Can I talk to Kyungsoo ma’am?”

 

“I do not know about that, let him decide, come in and wait till he arrives,”

 

Jongin went inside to the dining room just adjacent to the kitchen. Kyungsoo’s mom offered him something to eat but he keeps on declining it. The silence of the house broke when the door opened.

 

“Mom, I’m home!” Kyungsoo was shocked when she saw her mom approach with a sad look. “Mom, why are you standing by the door, and what’s with that look?”

 

“There is someone who wishes to meet you, he’s on the dining room!”

 

“I do not understand!” Kyungsoo proceeded to the dining room and saw someone, someone he has met before. His heart knew him but his mind keeps on denying that fact. His eyes laid sight on a person he has not seen for a lifetime now.

 

“Hello hyung!” Came a voice his heart knew.