I Am Correcting My Mistakes

I Found You

The morning came, Jongin woke up with a headache and he can’t remember what had happened yesterday. He went downstairs and much to his surprise, he saw his noonas and his mother in the sofa and signalled him to come and sit.

 

“Mom, what is happening?” Jongin asked.

 

“I am correcting my mistakes son, but I want you to know that I only did what I have done because I want to protect you but last night I realized that I was leading you to your destruction,” Jongin’s mom said with a teary eye.

 

“There was a package that arrived last week for you Jongin, and you seemed so happy, then I asked about it and you replied that they were only dance tapes sent by Chanyeol but when I went to your room while you are in your studio, I found out that the discs were interview CDs of Do Kyungsoo by someone, there were three CDs son, the two discs were removed from their covers so I believe that you have already watched them but the third disc was still intact so I watched what is inside the third disc, to my horror it was the reason why Do Kyungsoo left so I exchange that particular disc with an identical blank CD and hid the original third disc,” His mom narrated.

 

Jongin was in plain shock, he can’t believe that his mother can do the things she has just confessed but Jongin continued to listen.

 

“Three days ago, there was a package for you again and your noona got it for you, then I sneaked in to your room again to check the contents of the package and it was indeed a copy of the contents of the third disc so I got that disc in the package and burned it,” His mom continued.

 

“Mom, what is in the third disc, that you are desperate in hiding it from me,” Jongin asked in a harsh tone.

 

“I will let you watch the third disc son, but please after seeing it, please forgive me Jongin,” His mom pleaded.

 

One of his noona got the CD and inserted the disc in the player and they all watched the contents.


“So, how did you end up like this?” Mr. Zhang asked.

 

Kyungsoo was starting to cry, and as the minutes pass by he was crying his heart out.

 

“We can continue our interview tomorrow if you want!”

 

“Nope, I was just … I’m sorry!” Kyungsoo breathed and continued. “Months passed and everything was really fine with us, I was in my 4th and last year in college and he’s on his 3rd year. We remained dorm mates and we remained lovers, and I thought and I hoped that it be just like that, I thought nothing can break us, but everything can’t always be happy,” Kyungsoo stated.


“Hyung?” Jongin cried then approached the television touching Kyungsoo’s face in the screen.

 

His eldest noonaa, grabbed him back and made him sit beside her was resting Jongin’s head in her shoulders.


“His ex-girlfriend was still spying on us but Jongin’s embraces and kisses assures me that he’s only mine and mine alone and that no one can get him from me. However, everything turned into a chaotic drama when his mother came in the way, she was not accepting and rejects the notion about our relationship, I totally understand her, Jongin is his only son and mothers will always be very protective but I hoped that sooner or later she will come to realize our love, however that idea was proven wrong!” Kyungsoo added.

 

“So her mom did not like you? How awful!” Lay exclaimed.

 

“I guess so,” Kyungsoo answered.

 

“I tried my best so that she’ll like me, I cooked special dishes and baked cakes and cookies for her but all of my attempts were always shunned by her, her doors of acceptance were all closed. I remained strong for Jongin even though I was pushed to the ground! I have to survive this for him! However, I guess we are just not meant to be, I mean, Kyungsoo and Jongin is just a fantasy or a dream and sooner or later I must wake up and face reality!” Kyungsoo said with a sad tone.

 

“Are you that weak?”

 

“No! I want to fight for our love, but you see, our love doesn’t only affect the two of us, it affects the people surrounding us. Our love was true and I am sure of that. No love can be truer than ours but I guess even how powerful and true a love is, love is just not enough!”

 

“I do believe in that! But at least you should’ve stood your ground!”

 

“I can’t always be thinking of us, what about his family? What about mine? What about his future? I have to weigh things out, and it was not easy, I was left with no other option and that option was to leave him and it was for the best!” Kyungsoo explained with weeping eyes.

 

“So, how did his mother convince you to break up with Jongin?” Mr. Zhang asked.

 

“There was a call for me, it was a Friday morning and much to my delight it was his mother. She said that if I can meet up with her in the coffee shop near our school and I said yes. I thought he was going to accept us, me and Jongin,” Kyungsoo stated. “But, I was wrong, she met up with me to bribe me with her money, I felt insulted, my love for Jongin was priceless, no material thing can match its value.”

 

“You were bribed to break up with him?” Mr. Zhang asked.

 

“Of course no, I refused her offer,” Kyungsoo answered.

 

“So, if it is not the bribe, why did you leave him,” Yixing asked.

 

“His mother was a very firm woman, I know she loved her son, she cornered me. She said that Jongin is just confused and will broke up with me eventually and that she is Jongin’s mother and she will do whatever it takes to separate us and the worst part was she insulted my family. I was afraid, I was hurt, it was like a knife that stabbed my heart and I bled to death,” Kyungsoo continued and he was now crying.

 

“I can still remember the words she said, No, I can’t and will never accept your so-called relationship, Jongin is just confused and confounded, and  I love my son Mr. Do and I hope you can apprehend that! I am his mother and eventually he’ll choose me and he will leave you!”

 

“I tried to reason with her mother but she won’t listen, she won’t damn listen to me,” tears were flowing like rivers in great volumes. “I was left with no choice, but I gave her one condition before I agree to her plans, I told her if I can have until Sunday which she agreed on, she settled my scholastic payments and records and I only have one full day to be with Jongin and I have to spend it wisely. I have to walk away so that everybody will be in peace, even if it hurts, I must take this sacrifice for the us, for Jongin!”


Jongin now realized and understood why Kyungsoo has shunned him away, he can now clearly and vividly understand and he was pained because he now knew how hard is it for his hyung, the sacrifices his hyung made for him but he only caused him pain, he just cause Kyungsoo more pain.

 

“What I have done? Hyung!” Jongin shouted in disorientation.

 

“Jongin I am sorry!” Jongin’s mother stood and wept.

 

“I will deal with you later mom, but thank you!”

 

“Where are you going Jongin?”

 

“I am correcting my mistakes, I will win him back and no one will break us apart again,” Jongin shouted.

 

He ran, and went to the bus station and travelled straight to Kyungsoo.

 

“Hyung please wait for me, please,” Jongin said.