Will You Be Mine?

I Found You

Chapter 2

Will You Be Mine?

 

“So what happened the day after the party?” Lay asked.

 

“It was a circus; when I arrived at school the next day, all of the students are gossiping about someone. I was really used to people talking about issues and rumors but that particular issue involved me. Jongin was particularly serious in finding me, so he spread the news to everyone in school. He promised to reward anyone who can bring him the mysterious person who sang to him last night. Jongin was sure it was a student in our school. Everyone has no idea who the mysterious singer is, everyone of course except me,” Kyungsoo narrated.

 

“So did someone find you?”

 

“Nope, it was Jongin who busted my cover!” Kyungsoo answered

 

“How?” Lay was very inquisitive.

 

“I had a solo part in a recital before graduation; I guess that’s when he found me out?”

 

~~~~~

 

“Kyungsoo why are you all nervous, it’s not like you’ve never sang to a crowd before and mind that it will be our last performance, it’s like graduation next week so we have to be good, we must do our best!” Luhan said.

 

“If I sang in front of everyone they will know right? Well, no, they did not even know the voice of Jongin’s mysterious singer, and what if Jongin watched our performance? I have a solo and I’m sure he’ll recognize it! He wouldn’t, he’s busy dancing and he forgot my voice by now, it was like months back,” Kyungsoo thought to himself without minding Luhan.

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo! Are you even listening to me?”

 

“Huh? Uhm………… yes!” Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“Everyone, it’s our turn now!” Baekhyun announced!

 

Kyungsoo’s heart was racing so fast, he couldn’t contain his nerves. He scoured the place and looked at every person in the audience for any sign of Jongin but luckily there was none. He sighed and continued to the stage and performed with the other members. Their number was great, all rejoiced especially the senior students including Kyungsoo and his friends.

 

~~~~~

 

“That performance was once of my most treasured experiences,” Kyungsoo stated.

 

“So after you graduated, what happened? Did you meet Jongin again?”

 

“Well, I took up Music in college, and I was in my second year when I met him again, he enrolled in the same school and took up Dancing,” Kyungsoo explained.

 

“Sounds interesting!” Lay exclaimed.

 

“I see him occasionally in campus and like when we were in High School, he was instantly famous in our school in college, girls shouting his name, leaving men envious. I still have feelings for Jongin until that time, but I really accepted the fact that we will never be together, like romantically together,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“You attended the same college, took performing arts, you majoring Music and him, majoring Dancing, nice blending!” Lay said. “So what happened next?”

 

“I started receiving sticky notes pasted in my locker from a secret admirer I would say,” Kungsoo answered. “At first, the sticky notes only contained basic greetings like “good morning” and “have a nice day”, but as the days pass by, the writings in the notes became more romantic I would say, there were words like, I like you, you have the most amazing voice and I would love to date you!”

 

“So you don’t have an idea who it was?” Lay inquired.

 

“Yes, who would admire a practical loser at school? So one day, I got a note that said, “I’d like to have a date with you,” I was really curious who my mystery admirer was, so that afternoon of the same day, I posted a note in my locker that states, “Friday 7 pm at my house, I’ll cook”, hoping that my admirer will respond tomorrow morning, and I was not failed, the next day, I found a note that says, “Okay! Thanks Hyung”! I got the idea that it was in fact a man, I asked a guy on a date,” Kyungsoo stated.

 

~~~~~

 

“Kyung, do you have anything to do tonight? Can you help me with my assignments?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“I’m so sorry Baek, but I have an appointment tonight with someone, I promised to meet him at 7 pm in my house, I’m so sorry!” Kyungsoo answered in a rather sad tone.

 

“It’s okay, I think I’ll just ask Luhan-hyung for help! And here he comes and with Sehun and Jongin!” Baekhyun announced.

 

Kyungsoo’s heart was beating so fast, Jongin is really here, the man he has a crush on since high school.

 

“Hello, Kyung,” Luhan said.

 

“Hello, Luhan-hyung!” Kyungsoo responded.

 

This is Sehun and his friend Jongin,” Luhan introduced his company.

 

“Hello, I’m Kyungsoo!” Kyungsoo grinned and bowed.

 

“I know!” Sehun smirked while Jongin gave him a glaring gaze.

 

“I’m sorry?”

 

“Sorry hyung, just don’t mind what I said!” Sehun apologized.

 

After their encounter, Kyungsoo hastily left, he had a date to prepare for. He arrived at his house, which is a little far from his school at 6 pm, so he hurriedly prepared everything and cooked something for his date with his secret admirer. He was excited yet doubtful.

 

“What if he doesn’t come? I wasted all my effort for nothing!”he internally said.

 

Soon the sound of the doorbell broke the silence. Kyungsoo rapidly stood and went to the door. As he opened the entrance to his humble abode, he was greeted by a familiar face and an unusually grin.

 

“Good evening, I am Kim Jongin, I am the one writing all those notes for you!”

 

“He… llo… Good Evening….. I am Do… Kyungsoo…., we met earlier,” Kyungsoo stuttered and almost fainted.

 

“Can I come in?” Jongin asked.

 

“Of course, Of course you could! How rude of me, I’m so sorry!”

 

“Nice place!” Jongin exclaimed.

 

“Thanks, here have a seat!” Kyungsoo said.

 

Their date was not as smooth as Kyungsoo planned. He was stammering in front of Jongin but it was a dream come true, like a star fell from the heavens and landed in his backyard. The night fell deeper and deeper and Kyungsoo and Jongin grew closer and closer.

 

“Why did you send me all those notes? You don’t even know me that time!” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Why did you sing to me at Sehun’s party?” Jongin answered Kyungsoo’s question with another question.

 

“You knew about it! I thought no one knew, no one realized that it was me! How did you find out?”

 

“I figured it out in your performance, before you graduated!” Jongin stated.

 

“Hang on, but you were not there, were you?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“I was, and I saw you looking around the audience as if you’re searching for someone and now I know it’s me you were seeking for. Well, I have a strong feeling that it was you in the beginning, but I just didn’t have enough proof and when I heard you sing your solo, that was the time I knew that my search was over…….. I found you.”  Jongin explained.

 

“However, when I found out it was you, you were graduating, so I decided to follow you until here!” Jongin added.

 

“I did not realize that you figured it out, I thought…... you will just forget!” Kyungsoo blushed.

 

“I  can’t forget that voice. You were there when I fell in a pit of darkness soothing my broken heart without asking anything in return!” Jongin explained. “So why did you sing for me?”

 

“Well…… about that……. I just saw you very depressed and even though you did not know me, I knew you, in fact, I really like you up until now, I just figured out that the least thing I could do is to make your depressions go away by singing to you,” Kyungsoo explained.

 

~~~~~

 

“That was our first date, pretty corny but it was very romantic for me!” Kyungsoo said.

 

“You had your first date, are there other dates that happened after?” Lay asked.

 

“Yep! We got closer and ate lunch together, I helped him with his assignments and we call each other every night.” 

 

“C’mon! Tell me more!” Lay requested.

 

“We’ll just jump in the timeline, I was in my 3rd year in college and Jongin was in his 2nd year, I decided to transfer to the school’s dormitories, I was feeling exhausted by the long travel time from home to school and much to my delight, I found out that I’ll be sharing the room with a person dear to my heart, Kim Jongin. Apparently, I became his mother in the room, I cooked for him and nurse him when he’s sick or tired but I liked it that way and every Saturday evening, we spend the night watching my favorite movie, Pororo. I know we’ve watched it for like a million times but I have never heard any complaint from him,” Kyungsoo narrated.

 

“So, when did you actually…., uhm…, I mean…, When did you got together as in romantically speaking?”

 

“It was after my birthday, I got a call from Sehun………

 

~~~~~

 

“Hyung, Jongin told me to call you, he said that he’s at the school’s dance studio waiting for you!”

 

“Okay, Thanks Sehun!”

 

“No problem hyung!”

 

Sehun hanged-up the phone and Kyungsoo went to the dance studio as Sehun instructed. When he got there, there were no signs of life, it was dark and very silent. As he opened the door and walked in the dark room, the lights suddenly lit up and saw a man standing in the middle of the studio biting a rose in his mouth.

 

Jongin signalled Kyungsoo to come nearer. When Kyungsoo was near enough, Jongin grabbed him and the music suddenly played and they began to waltz. Kyungsoo was not a dancer, he was a singer and it was his first time to dance waltz and his first time to dance with someone else. The music played and Jongin led their dance, firmly holding Kyungsoo by his arms and in every turn and every step they make together clearly displays their feelings for each other.

 

As the music went to an end, the room then fell to the arms of darkness, and a speck of light then focused to the two of them still holding each other, then Jongin breaks their locking hands and knelt.

 

“Hyung, we’ve been dating for like more than a year now and I like you, well I believe that I have loved you!” Jongin proclaimed.

 

Kyungsoo was frozen by Jongin’s words of love.

 

“From the moment that I heard you’re voice, I got that feeling of being found, it’s like my soul was complete, like its half found it and it was complete, you completed my life hyung,, I want to also complete yours, I want you to take me as your own and if you will let me, I want to take you as my own. Will you love me hyung? Will you be mine as I have been yours?” Jongin asked and tears began rolling in his cheeks.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes were starting to weep and he let Jongin stand and kissed him.

 

“Yes! I will be yours and Yes, I will love you, I have loved you and I will continue to love you Kim Jongin,” Kyungsoo broke the kiss.

 

After hearing what Kyungsoo said, he then immediately locked lips with, now his lover, his own, his completeness and his soul. The lights lit up and Kyungsoo heard claps from everywhere, apparently, all of Jongin’s closest friends and Kyungsoo’s friends were there just hiding in the cloak of darkness not issuing any nuisance.

 

The night was filled with laughter and tears and romantic glances. Everyone in the studio was in delight especially Jongin and Kyungsoo; they’re now part and parcel of each other.