Love Is Just Not Enough

I Found You

Chapter 5

Love is Just Not Enough

 

“So, how did you end up like this?” Lay asked.

 

Kyungsoo was starting to cry, and as the minutes pass by he was crying his heart out.

 

“We can continue our interview tomorrow if you want,”

 

“Nope, I was just … I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo breathed and continued. “Months passed and everything was really fine with us, I was in my 4th and last year in college and he’s on his 3rd year. We remained dorm mates and we remained lovers, and I thought and I hoped that it be just like that, I thought nothing can break us, but everything can’t always be happy,” Kyungsoo stated.

 

“His ex-girlfriend was still spying on us but Jongin’s embraces and kisses assures me that he’s only mine and mine alone and that no one can get him from me. However, everything turned into a chaotic drama when his mother came in the way, she was not accepting and rejects the notion about our relationship, I totally understand her, Jongin is his only son and mothers will always be very protective but I hoped that sooner or later she will come to realize our love, however that idea was proven wrong,” Kyungsoo added.

 

“So her mom did not like you? How awful!” Lay exclaimed.

 

“I guess so,” Kyungsoo answered.

 

“I tried my best so that she’ll like me, I cooked special dishes and baked cakes and cookies for her but all of my attempts were always shunned by her, her doors of acceptance were all closed. I remained strong for Jongin even though I was pushed to the ground! I have to survive this for him! However, I guess we are just not meant to be, I mean, Kyungsoo and Jongin is just a fantasy or a dream and sooner or later I must wake up and face reality!” Kyungsoo said with a sad tone.

 

“Are you that weak?” The interviewer exclaimed.

 

“No! I want to fight for our love, but you see, our love doesn’t only affect the two of us, it affects the people surrounding us. Our love was true and I am sure of that. No love can be truer than ours but I guess even how powerful and true a love is, love is just not enough!”

 

“I do believe in that. But at least you should’ve stood your ground.”

 

“I can’t always be thinking of us, what about his family? What about mine? What about his future? I have to weigh things out, and it was not easy, I was left with no other option and that option was to leave him and it was for the best!” Kyungsoo explained with weeping eyes.

 

~~~~~

 

It was an ordinary Friday morning, Kyungsoo woke up late for he’s class will start on 1:00 pm, Jongin has already left and his phone rang.

 

“Hello? This is Kyungsoo,”

 

“Can I meet up with you?”

 

“I’m sorry, but who’s this please?”

 

“I am Jongin’s mother, I have to discuss matters with you privately, and I’ll be waiting in the coffee shop near your dormitory!” Jongin mom commanded and hanged-up the phone.

 

Jongin was excited, maybe Jongin’s mom is giving him a chance to prove himself, so he hurriedly went to the coffee shop where Jongin’s mom is waiting.

 

“Hello ma’am!”

 

“Sit down!” Jongin’s mom said with sharp eyes gazing at Kyungsoo.

 

“I will be straight Mr. Do, break up with my son!”

 

“Ma’am? But …” Kyungsoo stutters.

 

“I know you Mr. Do, you’re mom works in the market and your father passed away 10 years ago. I think you are not worthy for my son!”

 

“Ma’am, yes I am not rich nor came from a well-off family but only Jongin can tell me if I’m worthy for him or not!”

 

“I am losing my patience Mr. Do, how much do you need? I am willing to pay you at whatever expense!”

 

“I’m sorry ma’am!”

 

“How much are you? $100,000 or $1,000,000. Say it! I am willing to pay!”

 

“Ma’am, I am an ordinary person but still you can’t buy me with my money!”

 

“I want you to break up with my son!” Jongin’s mom raised her tone.

 

“Ma’am, can you not understand and accept us!”

 

“No, I can’t and will never accept your so-called relationship, Jongin is just confused and confounded.”

 

“I love your son madam! I hope you can understand!”

 

“I love my son Mr. Do and I hope you can apprehend that! I am his mother and eventually he’ll choose me and he will leave you!”

 

Kyungsoo was stunned by Jongin’s mom’s statement. The words of her mother came to his mind, “We should know when to fight and when to surrender!”

 

“Mr. Do, am I making myself clear!”

 

“I want you to break up with him!”

 

“Okay ma’am, I’ll do what you ask, but can you give me until Sunday! I have to say goodbye to him in a manner he will understand!”

 

“I agree! So how much will I pay you?”

 

“I do not need any payment or your money ma’am, thank you!

 

“I will settle your scholastic endeavours and records and talk to the school’s management about your early leave and I expect that by Sunday you’ll be away, you’ll leave my son!”

 

“Yes ma’am!”

 

“Okay, I guess everything is well planned and understood!”

 

“I shall take my leave! Thank you again!” Kyungsoo bid farewell and went to the dormitory down-spirited.

 

~~~~~

 

“So you finally succumbed to his mom’s request?” Lay asked.

 

“Yes!” Kyungsoo answered.

 

“When I arrived in our dormitory, Jongin was already there. He was preparing dinner for us, and asked me where I was. I answered that I took a walk in the park, well, it was partly true, I walked in the park to think after my encounter with his mom,” Kyungsoo added.

 

~~~~~

 

“Hyung, I am sad now!” Jongin broke the silence while they were eating.

 

“Why?” Kyungsoo queried.

 

“It’s because you’ll be graduating next week however, I still have one year to study here! You will leave me here all alone!”

 

“Silly! I will not leave, always remember I am always by your side, I am always there in your heart and you’ll always be in mine.”

 

“Hyung! If you are sad, just look in the night sky and imagine me in the stars and I will guide you, I light your evening horizon and you’ll never be alone, okay?”

 

“I love you!” Kyungsoo announced.

 

“I love you too, I love you more, I love you, I love you!”

 

“Stop it! Just continue eating!” Kyungsoo smirked.

 

“I love you hyung!”

 

“Jongin!”

 

“I love you!” Jongin said and kissed Kyungsoo.

 

“You taste like spaghetti hyung!”

 

“We are eating spaghetti! Silly!”

 

“I love you hyung! I always will do!”

 

“I love you too and please continue eating!”

 

“We’ll I was thinking if we could go out tomorrow, explore the city and do everything tomorrow, it’s a Saturday tomorrow and we’re both free!” Kyungsoo proposed.

 

“Sounds like a good idea! Okay, it’s settled. Saturday date scheduled!”

 

~~~~~

 

“So you spent your last day with Jongin in a date, the perfect way!” Lay stated.

 

“I want to remember his laugh, his smile and his everything before the both of us say goodbye and I will have to leave him!” Kyungsoo said.