For The First Time

I Found You

The following morning, Jongin received a package from his investigator, Mr. Zhang, which contains Kyungsoo’s interview tapes and his location. He quickly got up in his room and opened the box. He was about to play the tapes when a knock came.

 

“Jongin, breakfast is ready!”

 

“Mom, I’ll be going down stairs!” Jongin replied and quickly went downstairs.

 

“You look happy!” His mom asked.

 

“Yeah! Exquisitely happy!” Jongin grinned and proceeded to eat his breakfast.

 

“So, how’s your work?”

 

“It’s fine, Sehun is in-charge in running the Dance Studio we put up!” Jongin replied.

 

“I saw a package for you, what’s that for? Who sent you that?”

 

“Ahh… it’s from Chanyeol! He sent dance videos and demonstrations for the studio, it’s nothing really!”

 

“Okay!”

 

“I’m done, I should go to the studio now! Bye Mom!”

 

Jongin went to the dance studio with a happy heart, really excited and he was just feeling great! The day went through fast and as soon as Jongin was at home again, he hurriedly ran in his room and proceeded to watch the videos his private investigator has sent him. The video played, he cried and almost attempted to hug the television set when he saw Kyungsoo’s face in the monitor. He missed him so much, two years may have passed but his love for Kyungsoo is not yet dead as it is still burning. The first disk was about how Kyungsoo met Jongin, the incident in the party, the notes and eventually how Jongin courted Kyungsoo.

 

After the first one, he inserted the second disk. The second disk contained their fights and misunderstandings. Jongin can remember all of those vividly as if it only happened yesterday.

 

It was 1:34 am when the second disk ended so he decided to watch the third CD tomorrow evening. Before laying to bed, he checked the package box once again and found an envelope. It has Kyungsoo’s complete address and how to get there. In Jongin’s mind, Kyungsoo is just so near but yet so far. He can almost touch him but he can’t. The thought of Kyungsoo slowly made Jongin drift to sleep.

 

The next day, he woke up pretty early and went to work early. His mother was still curious about the contents of the package which Jongin received yesterday. Her gut tells her that there is something in the box, she did not bite in Jongin’s alibi. Jongin’s mom decided to go to Jongin’s room to check the contents herself.

 

She went in but she now has not seen any box but her eyes were drawn to three CDs atop Jongin’s DVD player. There were two discs which were outside of their covers while there was still one that was still inside. She played the third one and to her surprise, it was Kyungsoo, the person he sent away two years ago.

 

Apparently, Kyungsoo was interviewed by someone and that someone sent these interview tapes. She watched and listened carefully and much to her frustrations, the disc revealed her deal with Kyungsoo. She thought that if Jongin will hear and see this, he will be furious and he will leave her in the process. Fearing that her son might leave her for that insolent Kyungsoo, she hid the third CD and replace that with an identical blank disc so that Jongin will not notice the changing.

 

Jongin arrived back home early but he’s all tired, however, he keeps on motivating his mind that he’ll see his hyung tonight even though virtually, at least he can.

 

He went upstairs and even before he can change his clothes, he played the third and last disc but to his surprise, it has no contents, not even a single byte of information. He called Mr. Zhang to inform him about the situation.

 

“Hello, Mr. Zhang!” Jongin greeted.

 

“Yes, sir! Hello! What seems to be the problem?” Lay replied.

 

“Well, the third disc that you sent me has no contents, apparently you may have switched it with a blank CD or the burning process failed,”

 

“Okay, Mr. Kim, if that’s the case I’ll be sending a new copy, is it alright if I can send it in 5 days?”

 

“Still after 5 days, can’t you send the disc tomorrow?”

 

“I am deeply sorry sir, but I am working on a new case right now and all my files are in my desktop in the office, I can’t burn it yet sir.” Lay explained.

 

“Okay! Very well! I’ll be expecting the disc in five days! Thank you!”

 

“Thank you and you’re welcome Mr. Kim!”

 

Jongin did not finish seeing Kyungsoo’s interview. He was in deep sadness realizing that he cannot see his hyung and he can’t know what’s inside the disc, what if the reason why he left was embedded there. Then, an idea sparkled in his mind, he’s gonna ask Kyungsoo himself. So he made a phone call to Sehun to tell him that he will be taking a one-week leave for he has an important task to accomplish.

 

“Hello Sehun!”

 

“Oh! Hello too Jongin, why did you call?” Sehun replied.

 

“I was quite wondering if I can take a leave for a week, just a week?” Jongin asked.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I will be going somewhere I can be happy and successfully find someone!”

 

“What does that ever mean?” Sehun sarcastically asked.

 

“It means I have to have a leave for just a week, please!”

 

“You know we still have many things to do in the studio, Jongin!”

 

“I know but this is a matter of life and death!”

 

“Woah! Hang-on, is that mission of yours very serious?”

 

“More serious than you can ever imagine!”

 

“If that’s the case, I can let you go but put in mind, it’s only a week leave, no exceptions, no extensions!”

 

“Okay, but don’t tell my mom about this Sehun! She’ll be furious! Just tell her that I will go to a dance seminar for 5 days. Are you cool with that?”

 

“Whatever you say, but I tell you, you have only a week okay!

 

“Thanks bro, what will I ever do without you!”

 

“You will probably die!”

 

“Funny! You’re welcome! I have to go!” Jongin then hanged the phone.

 

“Sir Jongin, dinner is ready!” Their maid knocked.

 

“Okay, I’m coming!” Jongin went downstairs and started eating.

 

“Mom, I have to tell you something!”

 

“What is it son?”

 

“I’ll be leaving tomorrow for a dance workshop, it’s gonna be for five days!”

 

“I see, so where will it be!”

 

“I still did not get the details, Sehun will just inform me tomorrow morning when I go!”

 

“So Sehun is not coming?”

 

“Yep! He’ll be staying to keep an eye on the studio!”

 

“When will you be leaving then?”

 

“Tomorrow, early in the morning, more or less 4 am to 6 am, depending on the schedules of the buses!”

 

“Okay, you have my permission!”

 

“Thanks mom, you’re the best!”

 

After Jongin has finished eating, he hurriedly went back to his room and packed his things, readied his clothes, and personal stuff. He checked the Internet for bus schedules and found out that the first bus to Kyungsoo’s address leaves at 5:00 am tomorrow. After his preparations, he quickly crawled in his bed and proceeded to sleep. He was excited but also tired but his heart was like pounding and leaping in joy for tomorrow he may have the chance to lay sight to his love for the first time in a very long time.