Because It's For The Best

I Found You

 

Chapter 7

Because It's For The Best

 

It was four in the morning when Kyungsoo woke up, he immediately went up in bed and Jongin was still fast asleep. He tiptoed towards their living room and hurriedly packed his clothes in his trunk. He silently made Jongin breakfast and then took a bath and at last he was ready to go, into the wilderness of loneliness and pain. He silently walked-in in Jongin’s room and knelt by the bedside.

 

“Jongin, I love you, I am doing this because of my love,” Kyungsoo whispered.

 

“I will be leaving you now and it means that you’ll never see me again. You can be angry with me but please do remember that I love you and I will always love you. Thank you for loving me and thank you for making me smile and for making me know what it feels to be loved. I am going now, and please do not look for me, start your life anew but please remember me as I will always remember you!” Kyungsoo said as he planted a kiss in Jongin’s lips.

 

Kyungsoo opened the door and went out but before anything else, he first went to the landlady.

 

“Excuse me ma’am? Are you now awake?” Kyungsoo knocked at the landlady’s room.

 

“Yes! I am awake! What do you need in such an early hour?” The landlady queried and opened the door. “Are you going somewhere?”

 

“Uhmm.. yes! I was wondering if ever my roommate Kim Jongin will look for me, kindly tell him that I did this because it's for the best!” Kyungsoo stated.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Please just tell him that ma’am, I will be very grateful if you will tell him that.”

 

“Okay, but why are you leaving? What about your graduation next week?”

 

“Everything is taken cared of ma’am, thanks for the concern,” Kyungsoo said. “So, I will be leaving now, thank you for all.”

 

Jongin woke up late. When he went out of bed, he found his breakfast is ready. He smiled thinking of his hyung and what happened to them the night before however, Kyungsoo is nowhere to be found. He looked for Kyungsoo everywhere in their room but he was not there. He went downstairs and asked the landlady if he saw Kyungsoo.

 

“Ma’am, did you happen to see Do Kyungsoo?” Jongin asked.

 

“Sir, he left early this morning, with his things, he said that if you came looking for him, I’ll  just say that, he did this for the best, that’s what he told me sir!” The landlady answered.

 

“What?” Jongin shouted and went upstairs and checked Kyungsoo’s wardrobe which was in fact empty.

 

“Ma’am did he tell you where he was going?” Jongin asked.

 

“He did not mention anything, he just said that it’s for the best! I did not understand what it meant too!” The landlady replied.

 

Jongin called Baekhyun if he knew where Kyungsoo is and Luhan and Chen, and all of Kyungsoo’s closest friends. Jongin then called Kyungsoo’s choir adviser but even him did not know where Kyungsoo is. He contacted Kyungsoo’s mother but there were no answers from her either.

 

He tried to call Kyungsoo but he was out of reach. He sent him an e-mail and left a message in Facebook but no replies were made.

 

Losing hope Jongin sluggishly returned to his room and broke down in pain.

 

~~~~~

 

“So you left, without even thinking how Jongin would feel,” Lay said.

 

“I wish I could reverse everything, but even how I push and fight for our love, I guess everything and everybody will not accept our relationship.” Kyungsoo stated.

 

“So, after you left, where did you go?” Lay asked.

 

“Here! My mom was waiting for me in the bus station and brought me here! Then, I met you and divulged everything about my life,”

 

~~~~~

 

“Son, are you sure about this?” Kyungsoo’s mom queried.

 

“Yes, mom! I know I will hurt him but he will eventually find someone in replace of me, that his family sees fitting for Jongin.”

 

“But you love him son? Will you give up?”

 

“My decision is final mom! I have no choice, I was left without any choices, if I am with him, his family will not accept him but if I am no longer in his side, his mother will be happy and he will accept Jongin back. The one thing I learned from this experience mom, is that family always comes first!” Jongin explained.

 

“Okay, I understand.”

 

“The bus is here mom, let’s go.”

 

Kyungsoo stepped inside the bus and before the bus left his eyes looked in the direction of Jongin’s dormitory and silently whispered, “I love you Jongin!”

 

~~~~~

 

“You have a very sad story! Nope make that tragic! So, how long have you been away?”

 

“About two years now.” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“Do you know where Jongin is? Did he find you?” Lay asked.

 

“As of now, I do not know where he is, and I think it’s for the best and I do not know if he wants to find me, I too will loathe myself for what I’ve done! So, I bet, he’ll never find someone who has hurt him.”

 

“Even I will not find someone who left me with, apparently, no known reasons!” Lay said. “However, I must say this to you straight Mr. Do, you should’ve told him the truth, the reason behind why you left him so that he will be at peace, he is also human, so his curiosity will drive him crazy,”

 

“Yeah, I have thought of that Mr. Zhang, but if he knew it, will his relationship towards his mother be the same as before, I bet not! So, I decided to keep it, I have caused him too much pain and I will not rather add up other burden to his already-devastated heart,”

 

“So this is the end of your love story? You will not mend ways with him? No part two or sequels?”

 

“I think, no sequels will be done,”

 

“If that is you decision I will respect it and by the way thanks for the interview Mr. Do, Thanks for the time and for trusting me,” Lay thanked.

 

“No problem, but I would like everything to be confidential as we agreed.”

 

“You have my word Mr. Do, so I will be leaving now, it’s kinda late too,”

 

Lay left Kyungsoo’s home and Kyungsoo once again is in solemn solitude. The feeling of being alone then sunk in his bones as he finally rested in his slumber.

 

Mr. Zhang on the other hand has one last agendum to fulfil. He called someone when he arrived in his hotel room.

 

“Hello sir,” Lay greeted.

 

“Did you find the person I was looking for?” the man over the phone asked.

 

“Yes sir and I have done what you asked for.”

 

“Great, I’ll be depositing your full payment tomorrow morning and please send me the CDs of your conversation,”

 

“Okay Mr. Kim, Thank you!”

 

“Thank you Detective Zhang, one last thing, please also send where he lives,”

 

“Okay Sir, I’ll send it tomorrow morning, thank you again,”

 

“Did he know that I hired you?”

 

“No sir, I told him that I was a novelist looking for inspiration and I need to interview him to get that!”

 

“Nice cover, very well done Mr. Zhang,”

 

“Thank you so much sir,”

 

“I’ll expect the CDs and his address tomorrow morning. Have a good night,” Jongin then hanged-up the phone.

 

"At last, I found you. I found you hyung,"