When to Fight and When to Surrender

I Found You

Chapter 4

When to Fight and When to Surrender

 

“I bet you really love each other but can I ask you something?”

 

“Yeah….. Sure,” Kyungsoo affirmed.

 

“Well, I was wondering….. where is he now? Where is Jongin now?” Lay continued.

 

“It’s quite a long story,”

 

“I said in the beginning that you have all the time in the world,”

 

“Okay! About two or three weeks  after our fight, I was confronted by her ex-girlfriend at school, she also studied there, her name was Ara, and I don’t personally know her, well, I just know she was the one Jongin was depressed about, that night at Sehun’s Party,” Kyungsoo narrated.

 

~~~~~

 

“Are you Kyungsoo, the music major?” she asked.

 

“Yes? Do you need anything miss?” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“Well, I need nothing from you. I just have to see what form of lousy creature did Kai replaced me for!”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You heard me right! Does his mother know about you two? I bet if she does know, she’ll be furious. Jongin dating a guy is simply unacceptable even for today’s standards!”

 

“Miss, it’s not your concern anymore. It’s between me and Jongin so please stay out,”

 

“Hyung!” Jongin said. “Oh! Ara good to see you! What are you doing here?”

 

“I just wanted to see your new so-called lover!”

 

“Is he bothering you hyung?” Jongin said with piercing gazes to Ara.

 

“Nope!” Kyungsoo answered.

 

“Let’s go hyung!”

 

~~~~~

 

“That time, I thought of us, about me and Jongin. About our future together, about his family, if they will accept me and understand us, and as for mine, my mom…. knows about us and is very open and supportive. Jongin even comes there often and we celebrated Christmas with my mom once too, but I don’t know about his family. Frankly, I am afraid and very scared.”

 

“So when did you finally meet his family?” Lay asked.

 

“It was Christmas, Jongin invited me to celebrate it there and celebrate the New Year with my mom. I agreed with that setup and I thought everything would be fine. Christmas day came; Jongin and I arrived at their house really early. They have a really big house, well, Jongin has a well-off family, far from the simple household that I have. He has two sisters, his mother is a business executive and unfortunately, Jongin’s father passed away when he’s 13 years old.”

 

“So what happened after that? Tell me! Tell me!” Lay requested.

 

“It was at the family dinner, it was really a blissful dinner but then it turned into a nightmare, when Jongin introduced me as his boyfriend, when he revealed that we have a special romantic bond,”

 

~~~~~

 

“Mom, I would like to say something,”

 

“Go ahead Jongin,” Jongin’s mom confirmed his request.

 

“I want all of you to meet, Do Kyungsoo,” he cleared his throat then continued, “He’s my boyfriend!”

 

“What do you mean?” Jongin’s mom chuckled.

 

“Well, it means that we love each other, I love him very much and …” even before Jongin can continue.

 

“No! No! No! I cannot allow this kind of relationship, this is a scandal! I thought you and Ara are still together!”

 

“Mom, Ara and I are long through,”

 

“But why him? Is there a scarcity of women in the world Jongin?” His mother expressed.  No! Kim Jongin, this is simply unacceptable, I want the two of you to break up,”

 

“Mom, no! I just introduced him to you all,”

 

“I said break up with my son, Do Kyungsoo!” Her gazed turned to Kyungsoo’s course.

 

“No, hyung…” Jongin pleaded.

 

“Mom, I presume I was not making myself clear, I love him, please be considerate,”

 

“I also am guessing that I am not making myself clear, I want the two of you to break up,”

 

“No!” Jongin shouted.

 

“Let’s go hyung!” Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo’s arm and pulled him and went outside of the house!

 

Kyungsoo was in all shock, all was turning into something bad. It was the first time that he felt, that not everyone can accept them, even though their love was true. There will always be people that will discriminate.

 

“Hyung, listen to me. We will not break up. I love you no matter what!”

 

Kyungsoo lost his consciousness, his ears were not listening to Jongin neither is his heart. He got inside the car and locked all the doors and started crying.

 

“Hyung, please open it up! Hyung please!” Jongin punched the windows of the car hoping that Kyungsoo will open it! After moments of asking and pleading, he walked back in their house.

 

“Mom, I want you to understand!”

 

“How will I understand? How can I understand?”

 

“Mom please, I love him, please do accept us, accept our relationship, accept him. You’re hurting him and you’re hurting me!”

 

“You are also hurting your mother Jongin,”

 

“Mom, please!” Jongin begged.

 

“My decision is final Jongin, break up with him! Now!” Jongin’s mom raised her tone.

 

“No!” Jongin responded and walked away back to Kyungsoo, but as he was going to the door he saw Kyungsoo.

 

“Thank you for letting me in and your hospitality ma’am!” Kyungsoo bowed. “I will be taking my leave!”

 

“Okay, go now,”

 

“Thank you again,” Kyungsoo bowed and walked towards the car.

 

“Hyung, wait for me!” Jongin shouted. “Hyung! Hyung!”

 

“Jongin, I will be leaving. It was really nice of you but things didn’t get along as planned. Please go back.”

 

“Hyung no! I am coming with you!”

 

“No Jongin, you belong here. With your family, it was a great night,”

 

“I belong to you hyung, as always that’s why I’m coming with you!”

 

“No Jongin, your rightful place is here, you belong here, you don’t belong to me, and it was only me that belonged to you,” Kyungsoo got inside the car and drove away leaving a crying Jongin.

 

~~~~~

 

“Whoa! That was like hell!”

 

“Hell? Kind of….. like that!”

 

“So, where did you go?” Yixing asked.

 

“I went home, in my mother’s house. I told her all that has ensued. I was actually crying all the time. She said that if we love each other, we will conquer it all, but we should know when to fight and when to surrender and in this case, we just have to raise the white flag,” Kyungsoo elaborated.

 

“So you broke up with him because of that incident?”

 

“Nope, after the winter vacation, we met at our dorms. We had no communication for at least two weeks. It was kinda awkward at first, I felt butterflies in my stomach when I was going in our room and apparently Jongin was waiting there, he hugged me and kissed me and I kissed him back. I missed him and he missed me also……… that’s what I’d like to believe.”

 

~~~~~

 

“I am sorry for what happened last Christmas, I am so sorry hyung,” Jongin apologized.

 

“Just forget it,”

 

“Do you still love me hyung?”

 

“Idiot, of course yes!” Kyungsoo smacked his head “That’s why I kissed you!”

 

“What a relief?”Jongin let out a sigh.

 

“But, Kim Jongin, do you still love me?” Kyungsoo asked in a shy voice.

 

“C’mon hyung, I think about you every single day,” Jongin kissed Kyungsoo again. “I am sorry again!”

 

“I said it was alright!”

~~~~~~

 

“We never talked about that incident and about his mom. He said, he’ll find a way to make her mom understand, he just wants me to not give up on us!”

 

“But I am guessing that you gave up!”

 

Kyungsoo was silenced by that statement and started shedding tears.

 

“Yes, I did give up but I never intended to do it and up until now, I still belonged to him, only him. My heart, my soul and my body is his for all of eternity,” Kyungsoo couldn’t stop crying.

 

“I am so sorry, I made you cry!” Lay apologized.

 

“No worries, I was just being melodramatic!”

 

“So why did you broke up?”

 

“It was entirely my fault! It was me who gave up on us, I surrendered and because of that I failed him and I failed our love.”

 


 

A/N:

Special Thanks to @exobutterflygirl for rereading the entire story for the third time now (Or maybe even more,). Thank you!