I Do Not Believe You

I Found You

The day passed-by very fast, like a rapidly flowing river towards the sea. Kyungsoo found himself still curious about the man her mother saw and the one asking about him. His heart suspects that the man is Jongin, but all his mind ever did was rule out the possibilities.

 

“Kyung, I just wanted you to know that Mr. Zhang, your interviewer went here yesterday after your shift ended,” Minseok said.

 

“Huh? Did he ask you something?” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“Yeah, it’s about your singing!” Minseok responded.

 

“Hang on! Why will he ask you, he already knows that I do not sing and he knows why! Tell me Minseok, this Mr. Zhang that asked you, how does he look like, I mean please describe him!”

 

“He’s tall, taller than me and he has fair skin, but not as white as you are, he’s a bit darker,”

 

“Could it be him?”

 

“Huh? Who’s him?”

 

“But that’s impossible, he can’t be here?” Kyungsoo asked himself.

 

“I do not know about what you’re saying Kyung and frankly I do not understand a thing but remember nothing is impossible,” Minseok explained.

 

“This is not happening,”

 

“Are you even listening to me? Or was I merely explaining to myself?” Minseok stated.

 

“I have to leave,” Kyungsoo exclaimed.

 

“Sure, it’s nearly 5 pm anyways!”

 

“Okay! Thanks! Bye! See yah tom!” Kyungsoo bid farewell and hurriedly went home.


“Mom, I’m home!” Kyungsoo was shocked when she saw her mom approach him with a sad look.

 

“Mom, why are you standing by the door, and what’s with that look?”

 

“There is someone who wishes to meet you, he’s on the dining room!”

 

“I do not understand!” Kyungsoo proceeded to the dining room and saw someone, someone he has met before. His heart knew him but his mind keeps on denying that fact. His eyes laid sight on a person he has not seen for a lifetime now.

 

“Hello hyung!” Came a voice that his heart knew!

 

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo stuttered in great disbelief.

 

“Mom! Why is he here?” Kyungsoo asked and actioned to walk away.

 

“Wait!” Jongin pleaded.

 

“Mom, I have to go! I must go! Anywhere!”

 

“Do Kyungsoo, take one more step and I swear I’ll….. ,”

 

“Kyungsoo, sooner or later, you have to face him,” Kyungsoo’s mom notioned.

 

“I need more time mom!”

 

“Hyung, you left me and been away for more than two years and you still need time?”

 

“I have to go Jongin!” Kyungsoo stepped away and turned back at Jongin.

 

“Don’t you dare walk away from me again Do Kyungsoo!” Jongin commanded.

 

“What do you want me to do? Say hello! Say I miss you! Hello, how are you?” Kyungsoo raised his tone.

 

“I want you to talk to me,”

 

“We are already done Jongin,”

 

“No hyung, we were never done, we were never through! When you left, you never explained why, you never made me understand!”

 

“There is nothing to explain, there is nothing …” Kyungsoo shouted.

 

“I LOVE YOU hyung! I still love you, I will always love you! And I do not know why on earth I am still in love with you! ” Jongin shouted.

 

Kyungsoo was silenced after that statement, he never thought that Jongin will still love him even though he left him hurt and in pain.

 

“Hyung are you listening? I love you hyung! I hired Mr. Zhang to find you and here I am,” Jongin explained. “Hyung, I want to know if you still love me.” Jongin asked.

 

“Hang on, Lay, the novelist?” Kyungsoo queried in confusion.

 

“That’s what he made you think he was, but he is really a private investigator I hired to find you, to find you hyung because I still love you, my love for you never died,” Jongin explained in a teary eye.

 

“No! I don’t love you anymore, I have no feelings for you!” Kyungsoo exclaimed.

 

That words made Jongin’s heart burst in pain, it exploded with sadness and even more pain, it was more painful than that day when he realized Kyungsoo left him. The words that said, that Kyungsoo doesn’t love him brought tears in his eyes.

 

“I do not believe you!” Jongin proceeded to deny the situation.

 

“You are just saying that to push me away, to make me leave you but I will not, I will stay here, I know that you still love me, I know that! Please just tell me hyung!”

 

“If ever I still love you Jongin will it change a thing? Love is not enough Jongin,”

 

“No hyung, love is enough, if you believe in love, everything will change, everything can change,”

 

“Jongin, our love doesn’t only affect us, it will affect everyone around us, your family and mine,” Kyungsoo stated as his eyes began crying.

 

“So you gave up on me because of that?”

 

Upon hearing the question, Kyungsoo realized that maybe Lay did not divulge everything to Jongin because Jongin still doesn’t know why he went away as he said the reason to Lay in their interview. So to prevent further complications and to hinder Jongin’s quest for the truth he just made up an alibi.

 

“Yes! It is not love Jongin if we will risk our families for it. A lesson I learned in our relationship is to put your family first as they only want the best for you! Go back to your family Jongin, go back to where you belong!”

 

“No, hyung! I belong to you, only to you! I made a promise and you also made a vow that you are only mine,”

 

“Jongin, promises were made to be broken!”

 

“They are not made to be broken, they were created to be kept and be fulfilled,” Jongin disagreed.

 

“Jongin please, I don’t want any arguments,”

 

“I also do not want us fighting hyung, but I must make you understand that I still love you and I love you forever and always,” Jongin then walked near Kyungsoo and locked him in an embrace.

 

“Stop it Jongin, I do not love you! I never have loved you!”

 

“I do not believe you!”

 

“Believe in what I am telling you!”

 

“Look me in the eye and tell me that you don’t love me!”

 

“I DO NOT LOVE YOU JONGIN!” Kyungsoo said as he stared in Jongin’s eyes. His heart was shouting to his eyes to show his true feelings but Kyungsoo’s mind commands his eyes to cloak his feelings.

 

“Happy now!?” Kyungsoo turned back and walked away however he was crying like hell but he was not showing it to Jongin.

 

Jongin on the other hand was in a state of shock, he saw the veracity of Kyungsoo’s eyes when he uttered those words. He involuntarily shed tears. He just stood like a frozen ice block. After a few moments, he walked away where his feet can bring him. He walked and walked, not knowing where to go, not knowing if he’s still alive. His consciousness was regained when he found himself in a bus going to Seoul. The words “I DO NOT LOVE YOU” echoed in the bus and made Jongin cry like hell amidst the people inside the bus.

 

Jongin arrived in his house and was greeted by a curious expression displayed by his mother.

 

“Jongin, I thought you’d be arriving still in a couple days more,” Jongin’s mom queried.

 

“Jongin are you okay?” One of Jongin’s noonas asked.

 

“Hey? Kim Jongin!”

 

Jongin never replied. He went upstairs and locked his door and jumped in his bed then cried as hard as he can! He poured every pain, every grief until all the emotions that was left in his heart was anger.