Chapter 1

My Lovely Sister

Taeyeon's POV

 

So it's like this you know how theres a saying: "Except the unexpected", I call absolute bull on that.

 

I always thought I practically have my life all together. And I know, I'm only 17 and my dad always told me a person never really knows themselves until their around 30. That was obviously a lie. I knew my career would be in the music industry, I was always told I would make it big one day and I believed it. I hated imperfection, and I despise drama. Crowds make me queasy, and the list would go on.

 

I don't have a perfect whole family but my dad is understanding, and my best friend who was practically my sister. Also one last thing one day when I'm rich and famous, I was going to marry the one and only Tiffany Hwang, a.k.a my crush for the last 4 years.

 

My life in my eyes was perfect, absolutely flawless. I had everything I could ever ask for no hesitations, and everything according to plan: it was just a matter of time. Until my perfect life was gifted with a surprise.

 

 

"Wait, let me get this straight." I clenched my eyes, covering them both with my palms, trying to comprehend the information that my dad nonchalantly brought up. "You're telling me, you went to the state for a good 2 months, just to come back to tell me you're remarried!"

 

"Yea, that's basically everything." My dad nodded at my summary. While I gaped at him.

 

"Two months." I repeated, hoping he would see things in my point of view. Wishing common sense would knock on the door of his brain.

 

"Tae, I know you're doubtful, but trust me you're going to love her." My dad was about to reach out and ruffle my hair but I moved out of his reach while rolling my eyes.

 

"Sure, two months she must be wonderful." I scorned, my voice laced with sarcasm.

 

Our life had been perfect with just my dad and me. My mom passed when I was fairly young so I had no memory of her, and since then it's just been the two of us. Personally I didn't think we need another woman to do anything. Just extra luggage. Even if he was going to get remarried, I couldn't believe he didn't even bother to consult me.

 

Something like, hey I meet this woman and she looks really pretty so I decide to marry her. A heads up would have been nice. Unlike now, in an hour I was going to meet my new stepmother. Just the thought makes me grimace.

 

"She coming soon, and I don't want to show her any disrespect, undersatnd." His stern voice almost made me scoff, but I just stiffly nodded my head. I let out a huge exhale and headed for the door.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"Out, to enjoy the little bit of freedom I have left." Ending the sentence with a slam of the door, to emphasize my displeasure. Perfect. Just perfect.

 

 

Annoyed, I walked down the block to my favorite cafe, the cameral coffee was to die for. I held back all the curse at the tip of my tongue.As I mentioned before I hated things not going my way, any sort of situation that not part of my lifetime plan was unwelcome.

 

I quickly made my way into the cafe and ordered a cameral coffee, I look through my phone to pass time. 2 messages from my dad. I made a face but checked it anyway.

 

"Be sure to be back!"

 

"When are you coming back?"

 

Ignoring the messages, I shoved the phone back into my pocket. Hearing my name, I walked over to the counter and grabbed my drink, muttering a soft thanks.

 

I would say my life was pretty practical. And I never ever done that corner-turn-bumping-into-someone like you see in those cheesy romance dramas, but I always imagined it to be sort of slow motion.

 

It's not.

 

It was mixture of pain, surprise and a waste of money. The movements happened so fast, my vision blurred for a second. My drink had dropped and spilled over my shirt, I was on the ground with my rear end stinging. I looked up at saw a light haired brunette, with light makeup, in white Tee and jeans.

 

She sighed, as if she had been the one who dropped her drink, not to mention a huge stain on the shirt. She reached out her hand which I took out of reflex.  I studied her face unconsciously slowly making my way down, till she gave a cough.

 

"My face is up here."

 

I awkwardly looked away, but not before catching the glimpse of curving into a smirk. "You're not going to apologize?" I lamely questioned, thankful that I manage that line without stuttering.

 

The next words that came out of , left me flabbergasted. "You should watch where you're going."

 

I stared at her, giving her my are-you-kidding-me look. "Yah.You're the one who bumped into me!" Then I pointed to my shirt, "And this,talking like you're the one getting the wrong end."

 

So it's my fault you're not watching where you're going." She rolled her eyes, "And kids shouldn't be drinking coffee."

 

"Well it wasn't my fault you're running around corners with a giant suitcase." I countered, ignoring her comment of me being a kid. I was use to it, because of my baby face most people would think I'm younger than seventeen.

 

"Sorry, I didn't know you were so fragile."

 

I narrowed my eyes, just great. As if my life wasn't bad enough today needed to deal with this. I was done with this conversation. But before I could come up with some smartass comment, and walk away, another voice interrupted us.

 

"Jessica! Hurry up!" Following her vision of sight, to a woman, making hand motions for her to hurry up and make her way over. I let my mind roll around the name. So she's American, no wonder I never saw her around must have just moved here.

 

"I would love to continue this meaningless conversation but I need to go," Jessica said in a monotone voice, "I'll make up for you coffee some other day, kid." Using her fingers to quote coffee. I narrowed my eyes at her retreating back. God, I hate today.

 

 

"I'm home."

 

"Welcome home."

 

I frowned at the voice, I looked over to the voice. My eyes widen at the familiar lighted haired brunette, that spilled my drink just minutes ago. She sat by the sofa, watching T.V like she had own the place. I stared at her gaped, waiting for someone to slap me out of this nightmare.

 

"Why-" Before I could finish my sentence, I was engulfed into a hug. The woman that I had seen before was now hugging me like she had known me my entire life. I tried not to struggled out of her affection, since it might seem rude. But I liked my personal space and she wasn't respecting it.

 

"So you're Taeyeon, wow what a beautiful young girl, I had heard so much from your dad." She held me by my arms. "Nice to meet you, I'm going to be your new mom!" She let out a slight squeal, and pinched my cheeks, "You are absolutely adorable, perfect, even better than the pictures your dad had shown me."

 

Uttering the best smile I could manage, almost grimaced as she said mom, and her overly excited attitude made me feel worse than I actually did. I tried my best not to swat her hand away. At the corner of my eye, Jessica sat there biting her lips, trying not to let out fits of giggles. Amusement was written all over her face. Looking over to my dad for help, who simply let out a smile, clearly not witnessing my struggles.

 

"Anyway, here's your sister." My new mom introduced. Jessica let out a smile. "I think you two would get along well, she's only a month younger than you."

 

A month.

 

I rose my brow. Your kidding right.

 

Catching on to the silence, my dad let out a cough and touched my shoulder. "I'm going to show your mom around the place, so why don't you help Jessica unpack her suitcase," He motioned at the four suitcases sitting by the stairs.

 

Muttering some curses under my breath I made my way towards the suitcase, while Jessica followed me.

 

 

After changing my top I finally made it up the stairs after struggling to drag up the last suitcase. I pulled it towards Jessica's room, thanking whoever invented the wheel. I knocked on her door and turned the knob.

 

"Here the last of your suitcase...." I looked over at Jessica who was standing by her closet, half waist up, except of her bra. My eyes widen at the sight, but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to look away.

 

"Thanks," Jessica looked through her suitcase by her bed, "You could just leave it there." She randomly pointed. Furrowing her brow, she looked back at me. "Could you see if you could find my black shirt that has the word classy written in white."

 

I must of dazed off because, suddenly she was only a few inches away from me, "Hello? Are you ignoring cuz you're still pissed about the coffee incident."

 

My breath hitched at the minimum distance between us, and the fact she was almost the air out out of the room. I cleared my throat and brought my hands up to my cheeks.

 

They were burning. I could only imagine how red they must be.

 

Jessica smirked, "My shirt, Taeyeon. Or do you prefer unnie?"

 

I made a face at the term, the way Jessica phrased it gave an unpleasant feeling. "I got it you shirt, don't call me that." I kneel down to look for the shirt she had requested. And looking through several jeans and tops, it was located at the bottom.

 

"Here, foun-" I words cut off when she leaned against my back to grab the shirt. My breath hitched,like I had all of a sudden forgotten how to breath. Her chest was soft, and she purposefully leaned closer, and whispered in a low voice.

 

"Thanks." She paused for a second. And I felt her grin against my ear. "Unnie."

 

I quickly pulled away and left some distance between us, only to see her laughing like she had seen the funniest thing ever. Normally I would hate being mocked but the fact she was still top , leaning again her bed, clenching her stomach made the feelings vanish.

 

"Yah..." I trailed off. Raking my brain for someone words but apparently it decides to stop working right this moment.

 

Jessica's laughter died die after a few moments, and she wiped the bits of tears forming in her eyes. Without a word she pulled her top over. And placed her attention towards me, titling her head.

 

"Did you want to help me some more?" Her hand fell to her zippers and I quickly shook her head at the meaning implied. I backed out of the room, hearing faint sound of her giggles. Damn.

 

 

Quickly making my towards my room, I threw myself onto my bed, resisting the urge to scream into my pillow. This was not suppose to happen. Things in my life were suppose to be orderly and predictable, now I have to live with some girl who was the least of what I just described.

 

Burying my face into my pillow, and shut my eyes. My mind wondered to her curvaceous body, her perky chest. I wasn't going to lie her body wasn't exactly bad but that the last thing I wanted to think about. I let out a muffled scream in my pillow.

 

"Did I come at a wrong time?" I looked over at Jessica who changed into shorts that didn't even bother to cover her thighs and her shirt from before, almost covering her short. She gave me a weird look.

 

"What do you want?"

 

She held up my phone in her hand. "You dropped this before, when you ran out."

 

My eyes widen, I lunged my body forward to retrieve my phone , only for her to pull away. I glared at her but she seemed unaffected.  I tried again but she pulled away once more, I narrowed my eyes at her. "What now?"

 

"Who's Tiffany?"

 

I frowned, "You look through my phone." This time she rolled her eyes and gave me a are-you-stupid-look.

 

"Your phone has a password stupid." She waved it back a forward as if mocking me. "But she texted you and I might have seen it. Who is she your girlfriend?"

 

"No, she isn't."

 

"Then what, your crush?" I ignored her questions, crossing my arms, hoping it would give me a more authority kind of image.

 

"Wrong, now give me back my phone!"

 

"I hate picking around so I'm just going to go straight to it." She leaned closer to my face. "You're gay right?" My eyes must have answered for me, a innocent grin formed on her face. "Don't worry I won't tell our parents."

 

I almost let out a sigh of relief. Maybe Jessica wasn't as bad as I thought. I held my hand out for my phone and she placed it with her hands on top of the phone, sandwiching it between our hands.

 

"But," her words next words made me take all that back. "Under some conditions."

 



 

A/N: A update on Saturday just like I promised. I decided to rewrite this in Taeyeon's point of view and maybe sometimes in third POV. I made this chapter a lot longer than the original, I mean a lot longer. Adding a lot more moments and details. I did twist the beginning a bit and only kept some parts. I mention before I might take out some characters and change the story a bit but overall it stays the same. Please comment if you think this is better, personally I think it is.