Chapter 9

THE LETTER L : A JOURNEY TO YOUR HEART

L: Lost Memories?

 

Baekhyun is rushed to the hospital. All the time, Eunji is just by his side, crying. Holding his hands tightly, not wanting to let go.

“Baekhyun…” she cried

Baekhyun is entered at the operating room and Eunji is left outside still crying. She’s also injured but she ignored it the whole time. She has a cut in her forehead and she can feel blood flowing down her face, her hands are also wounded.

The whole time, she didn’t feel anything. All she thinks is Baekhyun. Why did he save her? She’s mad. Mad at herself for letting this happen. It’s her fault. Then she gets dizzy, it’s just that time she felt the pain; she felt her lids closing and suddenly, everything turned black.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Hayoung finally wakes up from her nap. She stretched her body and felt pain in her back. It’s not nice to sleep on the study table. She actually just fell asleep while studying.

“Omo, I fell asleep” she said to herself

She turned to the other side, Eunji is not there. Before she sleeps, Eunji is at her table studying. She looks at the bed to see if Eunji is just sleeping, no. Finally standing up, she also checks the bathroom, but still no signs of Eunji. She sighed and sat down again, thinking that she just went out.

She took one of her books to study again when a note fell from it. She put the book down again and pick up the note

 

Hayoung,

Just going out for a while.

Be back at dinner.

Eunji

 

“Dinner?”

 

Hayoung looks at the clock at the wall and checks the time. 7:00 PM. Dinner’s at 6:30 PM.

“I’m late for dinner” She said and walks out of the room. She went to the first floor and saw that most of the other girls are already eating. She looks around and finds Eunji, thinking that the older just went first because she’s still sleeping. But since she didn’t see her, she just went to the ahjumma that serves the food.

“Hayoungie, you’re late tonight? Usually you’re the first to eat” The ahjumma teases her, because of her appetite

“Just fell asleep. Ah did you see Eunji unni around?”

“No, I still haven’t seen her tonight”

“Ah, it’s okay. Thank you”

“Eat well”

“Ne”

 

She went to a table and started to eat. Most of the other girls just finished eating and there were just a few of them left. After eating, she went back to her room and tried to call Eunji, but she won’t answer.

“Why do I have a bad feeling about this?” She said as she grabbed her cardigan and stomped outside. She went out of her dorm and walk at the campus grounds, a few students are there but there is no Eunji.  She still tried to dial Eunji but there is still no answer.

She stopped when she saw two students at the field, and it looks like they are arguing.

“Bomi-unni?” She mumbled as she adjusted her sight at the dark

She walks to them and called Bomi

“Hayoung-ah?” Bomi said as she noticed the girl.

“S-sorry to disturb but, I just want to ask if you’ve seen Eunji unni around.” She asked and look at Bomi and the guy that she recognizes as Chanyeol.

“Eunji? No, shouldn’t she be in your room?”

“She went out, she leaves a note saying she’ll be back at dinner, but she’s still not back and she won’t answer my calls”

The two were shocked by Hayoung’s news, it was obvious that they are worried just like her. Suddenly, Hayoung’s phone vibrated, signaling an incoming call. She looks at the screen and saw that it was Eunji.

“Unni! Where are you?” She immediately said when she picked up

“What did she say? Where is she?” Chanyeol ask

Hayoung didn’t answer him. She’s listening at the lady speaking at the other line when her eyes widen in shock

“What? Ne, ne we’re coming” she said and hung up

“Is that Eunji? What did he said?”

“It’s the hospital, we need to go there now” Hayoung said and the three of them run to the campus gate when they saw Chorong

“Hey, where are you going and why are you looking so rushed?”

“Eun-ji unni is at the hospital”

“What? Chorong said shocked “Then let’s go”

 

 


 

 

The four came to the hospital; they asked about Eunji and led the room where Eunji is at. The nurse told them that Eunji lost consciousness after she sent Baekhyun to the operating room. It is the same nurse that called Hayoung, because she heard that Eunji’s phone is ringing. She also informed them that Baekhyun’s condition is fine and is now at another room, but still unconscious.

 

“Why did this happen? What are they doing together to be involved in such accident?” Chanyeol ask

“Bomi, come with me, let’s check on Baekhyun” Chorong said

“Ne” Then the two left and went to the other room.

 

It’s already 10 in the evening when they decided to leave. Bomi and Chanyeol didn’t want to leave at first, but Chorong insisted. The three students went back to the dorm, while Chorong is left at the hospital to take care of them. She already called their parents and even informed the school about it.

 

 


 

 

It’s already 3 in the morning when Eunji wakes up.

“Baekhyun!” She shouted and sat up, also waking up the sleeping Chorong by her bed

“Eunji! You’re awake!”

“Unni? What are you doing here?”

“Pabo!” She lightly samcked Eunji’s head

“Ouch!”

“Omo, I’m sorry” Chorong apologized. “You’re asking me what I’m doing here? I should be the one asking!”

“But, is Baekhyun—“

“He’s fine, he’s at another room”

“Can I see him?”

“No, Eunji you need to rest! I’m checking him from time to time, don’t worry he’s fine”

“unni”

“Eunji, tell me what happened?” Chorong asked and Eunji started crying

“Yah don’t cry! Eunji ah”

“Unni, it’s my fault” she hugged Chorong

“No Eunji, no. It’s no one’s fault. Now calmed down and tell me what happened”

“I was pissed at him and crossed the road; I didn’t know that there is a car coming. He… he saved me unni, he pushed me, but he gets hit by the car. Unni! It should be me! I should be the one laying there not him”

“Hush Eunji, it’s an accident. I’m already taking care of it, I talked with the driver of the car already, Baekhyun is fine. Don’t worry”

 

 


 

 

It was already 5 in the morning and Eunji’s hospital bills are being settled by Chorong, meanwhile Eunji is at Baekhyun’s room, watching him sleep. Eunji still has a bandage over her forehead and more bandages on her both arms and knees, but her condition is a lot better than Baekhyun. Baekhyun has a bigger bandage wrap all around his head. Small bandages were also on his cheeks and chin. His arm left arm has a cast and even on his legs.

“Baekhyun-ah”

Suddenly Chorong entered the room

“Eunji, you’re discharged. I’ll take you back to the dorm now”

“Unni”

“Come on Eunji”

“How about Baekhyun”

“I’ll comeback after class”

“Unni, let me stay here. You still have you work to do. I’ll take care of him”

“But Eunji, you’re not fully okay”

“I’m fine unni, these are just wounds. And besides I would just wait for him to wake up, I won’t do anything tiring. Unni please”

Chorong look at Baekhyun before sighing.

“Fine, I’ll let you stay here, so there is someone beside him when he woke up. I’ll be back here later after class okay. But promise me, you’ll go back to the dorm tonight. I’ll write your excuse letter for today”

“Thank you unni!”

“I’ll be going now, take care”

“Bye unni”

 

 


 

 

It was already 12:00 noon and Eunji is having her lunch at Baekhyun’s room. She looks at the sleeping Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun ah, when will you wake up?” she sighed and took another spoon of the food

“Hospital food is not yummy, I’m telling you. Now I missed umma’s food” she told the sleeping Baekhyun

“I want to eat other food. But I can’t leave you here. I want to be here with you when you wake up”

She already finishes her food and went to the window

“Baekhyun, it’s sunny outside. The weather is great; you like this kind of weather don’t you?”

“Ah when you wake up, I’ll buy bubble tea for us”

“I’ll buy your favorite”

“You’ll like that”

“Right oppa?”

“Baekhyun…”

All day, she just talks to him, even if he’s sleeping, even if he can’t hear her. She just talks to him. She doesn’t want him to feel lonely. And that way, she won’t get bored at the room. She decided to peel some apples that Chorong bought before she went to school. She sat on a stool and started peeling some apples while facing the window.

 

 

 

Baekhyun feels that his head is so heavy; he’s still a little bit dizzy. The wind coming from the window brushed on his skin so softly and she can hear a soft voice, as if talking to him.

“Yeah and they want me to dance”

He heard the voice

“But you know I’m not a dancer”

He heard the voice laugh this time

“And they laughed at me, gosh that’s so embarrassing”

Baekhyun tried to open his eyes, slowly…. He opened his eyes and is welcomed by the sight of a white ceiling.

“Baekhyun…”

He heard the voice called his name.

With the strength he has, he tried to sit up. He saw a figure of a girl sitting on a stool. Her back facing him while she speaks. She is facing the window and by the apple at the table beside her, he can tell that she’s peeling apples. But aside from him, and her, he doesn’t see another person inside the room.

“Is she talking to me?” he thought

“Aaaah Baekhyun oppa!” she suddenly said loudly, but still not facing him.

“You” he said

Obviously shocked by him, the girl turns around and saw him, looking at her.

“She’s beautiful” He thought again

“Baekhyun” she said wide eyes, and looks like she’s about to cry

“Who are you… noona?”

 

 

 

 

 

“N..noona?” Eunji can’t believe what Baekhyun just said, first: he just asked who she is and second: he called her noona.