Chapter 3

THE LETTER L : A JOURNEY TO YOUR HEART

Confessions

 

“So Baekhyun is really a gay now?” Bomi asks Eunji for the nth time.  They were now walking to the school’s cafeteria for lunch.

“I told you already, yes”

“I just can’t believe it, he was so cool back then. Really handsome and manly, I never thought that he’s not straight”

“I was also shocked. You don’t know how I felt that time he confessed that”

“So when did he, you know, came out of his shell” Bomi asks the girl beside her

“It was during valentines of our freshman year”

 

 

 

 

 

Eunji sits on her chair when she came to class. It is Valentines Day, and finally she has made her decision. She will confess to her crush, none other than Byun Baekhyun.  She hugs her bag where she her gift for him is placed. She smiles and cheers herself.

 

“Fighting!”

 

After a few minutes, Baekhyun came entering in the room with his best-friend Chanyeol. Eunji see that the two are carrying some gifts. She’s sure that it came from their fangirls. Yes, because Baekhyun and Chanyeol are famous in their school. Her smile faded as she looks at her gift, it’s nothing special compared to those gifts that Baekhyun holds. It is just a small chocolate that she personally made and a letter. She doesn’t have much money to buy grand gifts for him.

 

“Hi Eunji”

Baekhyun greets her and she quickly hides her gift in her bag. Eunji was pretty close with Baekhyun since they know each other from the martial arts school. She’s actually happy that Baekhyun remembered her.

 

When class started, Eunji keeps looking at Baekhyun and she can’t help but notice that he is nervous. But she can’t figure out why. When the bell signals lunch, her classmates came dashing out of the classroom. She also saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol going out.

“Ahm, Baekhyun” She called

“Why?”

“N-Nothing….sorry..uhm, I’ll go ahead!” She said, she actually wants him to come to the rooftop. She already thought about it the whole night, about her confession to him. And she was planning to do it today.

 

She ran out of the room and heads to the cafeteria. She buys her food and went up to the rooftop. It’s where she always eats.  But before she goes there, she gets to their classroom first to get her gift to Baekhyun, but she is surprised to saw a sticky note on her table

 

“Can we meet at the rooftop? Before lunch break ends”

 

She can’t recognize the handwriting but she just kept it in her pocket. She then goes to the rooftop since it’s her plan after all. She already finished eating her food but she hasn’t decided whether to call Baekhyun or not. She gets her phone and fidgeted her fingers on the screen, still contemplating if she would dial or not. In the end, she did.

 

She put the phone near her ears, only hearing the other line rings, waiting for him to pick.

 

“Eunji-ah?” She heard Baekhyun’s melodious voice speaking her name.

“Ah, Yobosaeyo” She answered nervously

“Why did you call? Perhaps you would like to tell me something?”

“Ah…ne. Oppa, can you…go at the rooftop now?” she said

“uhm, okay”

“Ah…ne, thank you” she said and hung up

 

She’s getting nervous every minute. She then remembered the note. Who could it be? She really doesn’t know and she wished that whoever that is won’t ruin her moment with Baekhyun.

Soon, she heard some footsteps. She turns around and saw Chanyeol.

 

“C-Chanyeol?”

 

"You came" Chanyeol said with a smile

"What?"

"You've seen the note right?"

"Note? It's you?"

"Yes, uhm... Eunji, I want to tell you that--" Chanyeol was cut when Baekhyun suddenly comes

 

"Baekhyun"

 

Baekyun walked to Eunji "What is it?"

"uhm... it's... wait, Chanyeol is still here. Chanyeol can you go down first?"

"No, just let him be. I'll have to talk to him after this, so say it fast" Baekhyun said to Eunji

"You'll talk to me?" Chanyeol asked curiously

"Yeah, that’s why I put a note on your table" Baekhyun told Chanyeol

 

"Note?" Eunji thinks about the note on her table earlier. She searches her pocket and gets the note. 

"Wait, why is that with you?" Baekhyun asked as he saw the note

 

 

(Flashback within a flashback lol)

 

While waiting for their 2nd subject teacher, Chanyeol went to Chen and have little chat with some other friends. Baekhyun, took this opportunity, and while others were not looking, he stuck a sticky note on Chanyeol's table. When Chanyeol gets back to his seat, he saw the note but just ignore it.

 

When the bell for lunch rang, he stands up with Baekhyun and are about to go to cafeteria when Eunji called Baekhyun.

 

“Ahm, Baekhyun” She called

“Why?”

“N-Nothing….sorry..uhm, I’ll go ahead!” she said then ran down

 

"What's with her?"

"I don't know, come on I'm hungry" Baekhyun said and started to walk

"I forgot something, go first and reserve me a chair" He pats Baekhyun's back before heading back to the classroom.

 

He picks the note on his table and sticks it on Eunji's table.

 

(end)

 

 

"So this is really yours?" Eunji asks Chanyeol

"Sorry"

"So what is it?" Baekhyun asks her again

"Okay, this is it, it's now or never." She sighed deeply and showed him her gift. "Baekhyun oppa, uhm... This may not be the best but I do it with all my heart.-Happy Valentines....I....I....like you." She said and shut her eyes

 

"Sorry" was the only word she heard as an answer. She slowly opened her eyes and look at Baekhyun. He is also looking at her, with apologetic eyes.

“It… it’s okay. I just wan to let you know what I feel. And besides, I know you can’t like me back. Who am I to be like by a Byun Baekhyun.” Eunji said sadly. Chanyeol gritted his teeth; it just broke his heart, hearing the one he loves confess to another guy.

“No..no…” Baekhyun look guilty, he also doesn’t want Eunji to feel bad “Eunji-ah, don’t say something like that. You are beautiful, you’re a nice girl. And I think I’m lucky to be like by someone like you. But, you deserve me” Baekhyun bit his lips. Eunji was a good friend, a very good one indeed. She’s always there for him.

“Why? Is there something wrong with me?”

“No… not at all. You’re not the problem, it’s me. Eunji-ah…”

“I understand. Maybe you already like someone else. That girl is so lucky though” she’s already at the verge of crying. She doesn’t want to cry, but it just hurts so much that she can’t keep her aching heart.

“It’s not a girl”

She just looks at him

“Eunji-ah, I can’t like you and I don’t like any other girls…because….

 

 

My heart is beating for a guy”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

Chanyeol who is just listening to them is just as shocked as Eunji. And he’s more shocked when Baekhyun turned to him.

‘Don’t tell me—‘ he thought

 

“Chanyeol-ah. I like you”

 

 

Eunji widen her eyes and her jaw fell hearing Baekhyun’s confession to Chanyeol

 

“Is this some a joke? Hey bro, don’t be like that. It’s not funny” Chanyeol still not believing what his best buddy had just said

“It’s not a joke. That’s why I want to talk with you. Because I already want to confess my feelings”

“No..way man. I’m not gay!” Chanyeol said and ran away, leaving two heart broken people, just as broke as he is.

 

 

Baekhyun and Eunji didn’t move, no one dared to speak too. They just keep quiet, trying to absorb what had just happened. After a while, Baekhyun moved and heads to the stairs.

 

“Baekhyun!” Eunji called him before he could take a step down the stairs, he stops walking but didn’t look back to Eunji.

“I, Jung Eunji, will do everything and anything to make you a man. I will make sure that you’ll fall for me!”

“Eunji, don’t waste your time on me”

“No! If it’s another girl, maybe I will let go. But, I just can’t believe… that it is a guy. You’ll see Byun Baekhyun, you will fall for me!” She shouted, Baekhyun continues to walk downstairs.

 

 

 

 

 

"Woah, daebak!" Bomi blurted

"Finish your food now, or I will eat that. We're gonna be late"

"Hey, of course I'll eat this"