Chapter 12

THE LETTER L : A JOURNEY TO YOUR HEART

Liars and a ed-up Friendship

 

“So this is our room. I sleep in the lower bunk, you’re at the top. This is your table, and here’s mine…” Chanyeol explained the room details. He transferred back to that room, because apparently he told Baekhyun that he’s still his bestfriend. So he arranged everything in the room just like before, before when they were real bestfriends. He felt sad for Baekhyun because of his condition, but deep inside he knows that he’s happy because somehow because of Baekhyun’s condition they were able to return to being bestfriends. Truth be told, he really missed Baekhyun and their friendship. And he’s hoping that what he’s doing right now can bring back that friendship.

“Come on, let’s go out and meet our dorm mates” Chanyeol said

They went out of the room and tour around, they met some classmates and other friends, and other juniors too. Everyone felt sympathy for Baekhyun, and they promised the boy to help him regain his memory. After touring around the dorm, they headed to the grounds. The soccer team just finished practicing,

“Yeol, I feel thirsty. Where can I get something to drink?” Baekhyun asked, touching his neck.

“There’s a vending machine at the end of that building, want me to accompany you?” Chanyeol answered to his friend

“Thanks Yeol, but I can manage. Just wait for me here” Baekhyun said and started to walk away

“Sure” Chanyeol said while looking at the back of his friend.  Looking back at the field, he noticed one of the soccer players approaching. It was Luhan, the famous player and with the word player it’s not always within the field—but with girls too. The other students said that he’s a nice guy, but Chanyeol think otherwise or maybe he’s not just the type to be in his clique

“I see that you’re hanging out again with the Byun Baekhyun, so you finally accept his love huh?” Luhan said, a bit cocky.

“It’s not like that. And I’m sure you’ve heard---“

“Do you really think he has amnesia?” Luhan said

“What are you trying to imply?” Chanyeol said, raising an eyebrow. He didn’t like where the conversation was going.

“What if he’s lying? To be close to you, just like what Eunji did, but unfortunately he knows the truth behind her lies. You know you’re all a bunch of liars”

“Baekhyun won’t lie! And if Eunji did it, it’s because she had no other choice”

“You’re wrong. She has a lot of choices. She lied because she’s a desperate ”

Chanyeol can’t take it any longer; he took a step forward grabbing the collar of Luhan’s shirt while giving him a sharp glare. But the latter seems unaffected by Chanyeol’s action—even showing a smirk.

“Don’t you ever talk like that about Eunji!”

“Ah, you still love her even though he rejects you? For you one-hell-of-a-gay bestfriend?”

“What’s your problem really?!” Chanyeol didn’t want to cause a commotion, but Luhan was getting on his nerves.

“Stop that!” Bomi ran to them, trying hard to separate the two guys, so as to avoid getting more attention from the other students. Fortunately it was a Saturday and most of the students were back at home or out of the campus.

“Oh here’s the other girl, I pity you for being involved with those three” Luhan said

“Shut up! And don’t you ever talk about my friends again!” Bomi said, glaring at Luhan

“Friends? Well what a ed-up-friendship you got there”

“Well at least I’ve got friends. Unlike you. You only have a pretty face, but no take you seriously because of your ed-up attitude!” She said, and then pulled Chanyeol away from the guy, leaving Luhan dumbfounded.

 

 

 


 

 

 

On Monday, and Baekhyun finally got back to class. He felt like he’s an accelerated student to senior high. All the faces were new, aside from a Chanyeol, Bomi, Eunji and a few whom he have met during the other day. All were giving him a friendly smile and warm welcome.

“B-baekhyun” A tall guy with dark circles around his eyes said

“Oh, hello”

“I’m Hu-huang Zit-t-tao. But.. you,,,you can call me tao”

Baekhyun thought if he’s just nervous or he’s some kind of abnormality causing for him to stutter that way while introducing his self. “I’m Baekhyun” He introduced, but the guy said that he knows. Of course he knows, Baekhyun mentally slapped his forehead, he’s the only one who can’t remember. It feels like getting back to a first day of school and he has to memorize all of their names. But it didn’t took him long to do so and be their friends, because he’s a naturally funny and friendly guy, all it takes is 3 days for him to be really comfortable with the whole class.

 

 

 

It was a morning before the class started when he thought of bothering his ‘girlfriend’. Eunji was reviewing her math homework when Baekhyun sat at the seat in front of her. He turned his body to face Eunji and rest his arms on her table. Eunji’s head was bowed down and she’s really into her homework without even sparing Baekhyun a glance.

“Eunji” He called

“Hmm?” She answered but still kept her gaze on her notes

“Eunji” he called again

“Why?” she answered but didn’t face him still

“Eunji” he called once again

Eunji sighed before lifting her head “Why?”

“Eunji” He said with a cheeky grin

“Why?”

“Eunji” He called in a cute voice and this time showing his rectangular smile

“Yah”

“Eunji Eunji Eunji!” he sing-song and then chuckled “Nothing, your name is just so beautiful that I don't get sick of mentioning it again and again"

"Greasy Bacon" Eunji said and blushed

"Only for you" Baekyun said with a sweet smile and even do a heart with his arms

Eunji chuckled and lowered her head, hiding her red flushed cheeks and also because she’s too embarrassed of Baekhyun’s greasiness. Baekhyun then lift her head with hands making her to face him. “Don’t be shy. I know you like my greasiness”

Eunji stared at his face, his beautiful eyes, his nose, his lips, his cheeks, everything. This was the guy that Eunji have loved for years. The guy that makes her heart race fast without even doing anything. The guy that once called her annoying, but is also the same guy that cared for her secretly his own little ways. The guy the she always dreamed of. Byun Baekhyun. And now he's beside her. Being the boyfriend she wanted him to be. Even if it’s in the wrong way.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Eunji stretched her arms after pressing enter, saving the file that she’s been working on. Her eyes were also hurting now since she’s been facing the laptop for 3 hours straight now. Thinking of something, she put her hands on top of the keyboard once again and started to search ‘Cube High School’ in once click a lot of articles and related searches popped up. She clicked one that redirects her to the school’s official site. She also read some articles that showed how great of a school it was. It offers scholarship and its facilities are also great. Honestly, Eunji didn’t like to transfer schools, since she already stayed here for 2 years, but she still searches for good schools to transfer to.

“Unni” Hayoung called as she entered the room, and Eunji closed her laptop immediately. As long as she can, she didn’t want to let others know about plans, aside from Chorong.

“Hayoung, how long have you been there?” she asked

“Just now, oh and dinner’s ready. Come on ahjumma cooked ddeukbogi for all of us!” Hayoung said excitedly, grabbing her unni’s arms and pulling her out of the room.

Eunji felt relieved, and smiled and just let her dongsaeng pulled her because her favorite meal is served downstairs. But what she didn’t know is that Hayoung have been standing there long enough to see what’s on the screen before she can close it. And Hayoung worried inside as to why her unni searches those things.