Chapter 10

THE LETTER L : A JOURNEY TO YOUR HEART

L: Lies

 

 

“Noona?” Eunji repeated, she put down the apple and went to Baekhyun

“Baekhyun, don’t you remember me?” she asked and BAekhyun shook his head

“But you look familiar…..ah Eunji, you look like Eunji” he said

“Because I’m Eunji”

“E-eunji?”

“Yes”

“No, that can’t happen. Eunji, we’re almost the same age”

“Because we are”

“No, you look like a high school student”

“We are in highschool”

“No, you’re wrong. I’m just in middle school. I’m just 15”

“What are you talking about?” She said and gets a mirror “look”

He’s confused but still gets the mirror from Eunji and looks at his reflection, because of shock he release the mirror right away before looking at Eunji.

 

 

 


 

 

 

“Oh my God” he said

The doctor just came out from the room after examining Baekhyun. The doctor said that because of the damage in his head, he forgot some memories, to be specific, he forgets the past three years. That’s why he thinks that he’s just 15. The doctor said that he’s amnesia is not permanent and it will slowly comeback, but it won’t be soon.

Eunji sit down at the stool again, not saying anything and just looks at Baekhyun. Baekhyun also does the same; he just looks at her and notices the bandage on her forehead.

“Ah here, eat some apples” Eunji said, breaking the silence

“Thanks. Are you… really Eunji?”

“Yes”

“I missed you” he said and smiled, Eunji look at him with wide eyes

“huh?”

“I haven’t seen you for two years… well that’s what I remember” he said

Eunji just nodded her head, Baekhyun forget the past 3 years. He only remembers her as a friend from a summer class at the martial arts school.

 

“What happened to you?”

“huh?” she asked and Baekhyun pointed on her forehead

“Ah, this is nothing. We get into a fight and when I crossed the road, you saved me from being hit by a car. You pushed me so I get these wounds. I’m sorry”

“Why are you saying sorry?”

“It’s my fault that you’re here and got amnesia”

“It’s okay” he smiled again. Eunji missed that smile. “The doctor said that it’s not permanent, and I’m glad that I saved you”

Eunji just smiled at her. It’s nice to meet the Baekhyun in front of her. How she wish that the current Baekhyun would really treat her like that. Yes, they have the same body but Eunji can tell that the old Baekhyun is different from the current Baekhyun.

“You’re also injured but you’re still here taking care of me” Baekhyun mumbled, feeling touched

“You’re saying something?”

“Eunji ah, are you possibly my… girlfriend?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes” She answered and mentally cursed herself. She doesn’t exactly know why she said yes. She was just too shocked by the question.

“I knew it” Baekhyun said smiling as he guessed ‘correctly’. “What did we fight about? Aish, I’m sorry, you’re my girlfriend. I should not fight with you”

“It’s just a small thing” she awkwardly said

She looks at Baekhyun, he seemed so happy. They talked a lot after that and she help him eat since his other arm has a cast. Call her selfish for lying, but that moment is what she wished for a long time ago, to be called his girlfriend, to be with him. Knowing that his amnesia is not permanent, he will find out the truth sooner or later, but she still takes the risk. At least this time, she wants to take care of him, when he needs someone beside him, even if it means she has to lie.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

When the bell rang, Bomi and Chanyeol immediately rushed back to the hospital. Chorong is still in the office and said that she’ll just follow; Hayoung cannot come since she has practice. Chorong already inform the both of them that Eunji is fine but they still didn’t know if Baekhyun wake up already. When they reached Baekhyun’s hospital room, they were surprised that Baekhyun is awake, but Eunji is not inside.

“Baekhyun!” They called

Baekhyun just look at them and squinted his eyes “Do… do I know you?”

Shocked with his question, the two look at each other with wide eyes before coming near him

“What happened? Where’s Eunji?” Bomi asked

“If they know Eunji, then maybe I know them too” Baekhyun thought before answering her question.

“The doctor said I have amnesia, I forgot the past 3 years of my life. And Eunji, she just go out to buy something”

“Omo” Bomi said shocked

“Don’t you really remember us? I’m Chanyeol, and this is Bomi”

“Bomi?” Baekhyun said and looks at Bomi “the gorilla?” he asked and made Bomi smile

“You remember! Yes, that’s me!” She said with teary eyes

“Wow, you grew up so pretty” Baekhyun said before turning to Chanyeol, I’m sorry I can’t remember you, maybe we meet within those three years that I forgot”

“We met in high school, we... we are bestfriends” Chanyeol said, a little bit awkward to call him his bestfriend again after a long time

“Really? Oh I’m sorry, maybe you’re mad at me for forgetting my own bestfriend” He said.

“No, it’s not your fault to be in that condition” He said

“Hmm, it’s hard, 3 years is a big time, many memories lost. But don’t worry the doctor saud that it isn’t permanent. Hey Bomi, are we still classmates right now?”

“Yes we are”

“Really?”

“Yeah, but after graduating middle school my family moved to Japan, and came back just now. I transferred at your school just this year, don’t you remember?”

“Ani, the last thing I remember actually, is falling asleep in my room after class. So I’m shock to wake up and already 3 years have passed”

“Don’t worry, we’ll help you” Chanyeol said

“Thanks, even if I’m in this situation, I’m still lucky for the people around me, good friends like you and a caring girlfriend, how much can I ask for?”

“Girlfriend?” Chanyeol suddenly asked

“Ne, Eunji my girlfriend right? Oh where is that girl? She said she wouldn’t take so long. I miss her already” Baekhyun said and chuckled “Oh Bomi do you remember when I sai—”

“I’m going out for a while” Bomi cut his words

“Oh okay”

“Bomi” Chanyeol said as she looks at Bomi’s figure going out of the door.

 

 

 


 

 

When Bomi goes out, she was about to go the bathroom and calmed herself, when she saw Eunji holding a plastic of fruits.

“Bomi”

Without a word Bomi hold Eunji’s wrist and pulled her away, to a place where there’s no people

 

“Bomi wait”

Bomi release her hand so fast and Bomi faced her “EUNJI AH! Why?!”

“I’m sorry” Eunji answered, already knowing what Bomi is talking about

“I thought it’s a fair fight? But why did you lie to him?”

“I’m sorry Bomi, it’s happened so fast and I can’t take back my words, seeing him”

“Eunji you’re taking advantage of him because he lost his memories”

“I didn’t mean to, all I want is to be there for him”

“But Eunji this is wrong! What will happen once he finds out the truth? Once his memories come back? He will hate you Eunji! Why don’t you think before saying things to him!” Bomi said, already crying.

Eunji is also crying, she knows that it’s wrong to lie. And her conscience is also bugging her. She lowered her head, can’t say anything to Bomi

“I will tell him the truth” Bomi said and Eunji lift her head up

“Bomi”

“I’ll tell him and you can’t stop me” She said again and stomp away

“Bomi wait!” she said, but didn’t stop Bomi, she just stay at her place, crouching down, she cried even more

 

 

 


 

 

 

Chanyeol is left at the room and he is awkward at first toward Baekhyun, but after a while they talk again and now they’re talking nonstop to each other. Just like when he first met him when they were freshmen. They talk a lot, but he didn’t mention anything about the confession on valentines, about her liking Eunji, about him being gay and about their current situation. All he said is about their happy moments as bestfriends before and some random things.

 

They were laughing at a silly joke Chanyeol had said when they realized that Bomi is back, but she was just at the door staring at them.

“Oh Bomi you’re back” Baekhyun said

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked

Bomi just nodded to him. When she came back, she witnessed how happy BAekhyun is, the two boys are laughing like kids. It’s the first time she saw that. It felt so pure, so innocent.

“Baekhyun” She seriously called

“Neh?”

“Eunji…”

Chanyeol widen his eyes, he’s thinking that Bomi would tell Baekhyun the truth.

“Eunji is on her way back, I saw her just then” She said, she wanted to say the truth to him, but she hold it in. She and Chanyeol stared look at each other before she lowered her head.

 

Soon the door opened, but it’s not Eunji, it’s Chorong. She rushed to Baekhyun when she saw that he’s awake

“Omo Baekhyun you’re awake!”

“Chorong noona?” Baekhyun said, he recognized her easily since her face doesn’t really change much, she’s still have that baby face

Then Chanyeol told her about Baekhyun’s amnesia, Baekhyun also find out, for the second time, that Chanyeol is Chorong’s brother and that she is their homeroom teacher.

 

Eunji is already outside Baekhyun’s room, she didn’t know if she’ll enter or not. By now, Baekhyun possibly already learned the truth. She slowly opened the door, gulping hard and waiting for a mad Baekhyun to face her, but when she entered, he saw Baekhyun looking at him and smiled widely as he saw her presence.

“Jagiya!” Eunji is surprise by the way he called her and even more surprised that he’s not mad. She automatically looks at Bomi who looks away. Chorong noticing how Baekhyun called Eunji looks at her and she lowered her head. Slowly she walks to them.

“We’ll talk later” Chorong whispered to her and she just nodded, she faced Baekhyun with a forced smile

“Hey, what took you so long? Don’t you know I missed you?” He said trying to

“Don’t say that” She answered seriously

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked

“Nothing. I bought some fruits, want some?” She asked, changing the topic.