Chapter 14

THE LETTER L : A JOURNEY TO YOUR HEART
 Another Lie 
 
 
After dinner, Baekhyun headed to the field instead of his room. He sat on the bleachers and just let the cold win touch his skin, but he didn't forget to bring a jacket in case it gets too cold. He wanted to think about things.  
 
He may lost his memories, but he's not numb not to notice that something was wrong between his three friends. Bomi became so quiet, the same with Eunji, because those two talked a lot before, and when he says a lot it really means a lot. He didn't really know about Chanyeol, but according to Eunji, he's also a mood maker and talkative. But what he's seeing right now was not the same to what he wanted to believe how their friendship was. It was not the same with the image he built in his mind of what their friendship would be like. 
 
But maybe, it was really like that, and it was just him who wanted to create a more brighter image. He lost his memory. And Bomi was right about changes. Maybe he and all of them really did change. 
 
There are like two voices in his head, the first, he wanted to believe that he was just new to it because he lost his memory, but another voice was doubting. Maybe the image he built in his mind was not really how their friendship was like.
 
Maybe there was really something wrong.
 
Another thing that fuels his doubt was what Kyungsoo had said earlier. If Bomi and Eunji didn't have any club then where  did they went earlier? 
 
Afterclass, he talked to Kyungsoo again to ask about the project that he missed. When he talked to Chorong about the matter, she said that he's excused already and didn't have to worry. But when he asked Kyungsoo, the guy said that Chorong wasn't giving their project until the last quarter. And so he doubt again. 
 
Only one can answer his questions, Eunji. And hopefully she won't lie. Because what Baekhyun hates the most are liars.
 
 
Baekhyun felt the cold wind on his skin and so he wore his Jacket and fetched his phone from his pocket. Slowly, he dialed Eunji's number
 
"Hello?" somehow the cold winds made him trembled the moment he said the word
 
"Baekhyun? Is there something wrong?" Eunji said from the other line
 
"I'm at field and--- hello? Eunji?" Baekhyun looked at the screen of his phone, there was a sound that he couldn't recognize, but the call was still on. But after a few moments Eunji spoke again
 
"Hello? Where are you?" he heard form the other line and noticed someone running in the field. It was Eunji. She's running and looking around until she saw Baekhyun. She immediately ran to him and check if he was okay even if she was still trying to catch her breath.
 
"Why are you here? Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" Eunji asked, worry was evident on her face
 
"Whoa calm down Ji, I'm fine" Baekhyun said and held Eunji's shoulder
 
Eunji sighed deeply, relieved that Baekhyun wasn't hurt. "I thought something happened, your voice sounds weird when you called me"
 
"I'm okay Eunji, don't worry" he then pulled Eunji to his side, he was amazed by how much she became worried over him, he felt touched because it showed that the girl truely loves him.
 
"Wait, why are you out here? Aren't you supposed to be resting?" Eunji asked
 
"I just want to think about some things"
 
"Like what?" The moment Baekhyun looked at Eunji, she felt that it was a mistake for asking. Because somehow she felt like she knew what he would say next
 
"Why did you lie?" Baekhyun seriously asked him making her eyes wide. 
 
"I... Baekhyun..." Eunji couldn't answer. She thought that Baekhyun's memory already returned.
 
"Why did you say that you have a club activity when you're not even a part of any club. You and Bomi." Caekhyun said that somehow, calmed her. She thought that he already regained his memories, but it didn't seem so "Tell me Eunji, is there something wrong?" 
 
"There's nothing wrong" she said
 
"Then where did you go earlier? And I've been noticing that there's something weird going on between you, Bomi, and Chanyeol. Now tell me, what is it?"
 
"I... I can't" Eunji said biting her lip. She had to think. What should she say? 
 
"Why?"
 
"It's just that... If I tell you... it wouldn't be a surprise" Eunji started to tremble, she's so nervous plus the fact that it was cold outside. 
 
"Surprise?"
 
"Yes. Bomi, Chanyeol, Chorong unni and I are planning something for you. A party, because you're back. It supposed to be a surprise but..."
 
"Is it really that?"
 
"Yeah....Sorry if we need to lie" Eunji said and started to tremble more 
 
"Are you okay? Eunji-ah?" That was the only time Baekhyun noticed that Eunji didn't have anything to protect her from the cold wind. She's just wearing leggings and a thin shirt. Immediately he wore off his jacket and cover Eunji's body with it. "Yah, why are you not saying anything when you're cold already? And why didn't you even bring something to protect you?" he scold her as he adjusted the jacket to her body and kept his arm around her shoulder.
 
Eunji looked up at him and smiled "I'm sorry. I ran off here without thinking" 
 
Baekhyun stopped and just stared at Eunji's face. This girl, thinking that he was in danger just ran off to where he is not thinking about herself. She was too worried to even think of bringing a jacket for herself. Baekhyun wondered how can a girl love as much like Eunji. And he felt guilty. 
 
"I'm sorry. You care too much for me, but I just doubt you"
 
"It's okay. But, aren't you cold now?" 
 
Baekhyun shook his head "Come on, I'll walk you to the dorm" he smiled and help her stand.
 
 
 

 
 
 
After Baekhyun had walked her to the dorm, she immediately sent messages to Bomi and Chanyeol telling them to meet her at the garden located on the south wing of the school. She went there carefully not to be noticed and seen by anyone especially Baekhyun, which she hoped that was already back to his own dorm.
 
It was just a few minutes later before she heard two pair of footsteps coming. 
 
"What's the matter Eunji?" Chanyeol asked, not wasting a minute
 
"We should be up at the dorm in 15 minutes, make it fast" Bomi said with her straight face.
 
"I... have told him another lie" Eunji said and looked down making Bomi scoff
 
"What's new? You're becoming more and more of a liar anyway" she said looking down on Eunji
 
"Bomi" Chanyeol called with a warning tone
 
"I'm sorry. It's just that, he noticed that we're hiding something from him and so I told him that it's because we're planning a party something for him"
 
"Ah, and so you wanted to tag us along with this party of yours and help you with your lies?" Bomi said and Eunji couldn't even look at her
 
"Bomi stop acting like that" Chanyeol said
 
"Why? Why should I?" Bomi's voice was getting higher "What do you want me to do? To just agree with her? Chanyeol I know you like Eunji but do you even like what she's doing? That's she's using us for her benefit?"
 
"It's not like that"
 
"It IS like that. Chanyeol will you quit being a martyr? And you Eunji, why don't you do it all by yourself? You're the one who thought of it, and you're the one who lied, so why drag us?"
 
"Bomi, I--"
 
"And you really should do it alone. It's a party right? Yeah, party now and celebrate that you get Baekhyun, because your RELATIONSHIP won't last forever dear"
 
"Bomi!"
 
"Shut up Chanyeol I'll act the way I want. I don't want to be drag with her selfishness. But, you know, to save us all from this , why don't you just quit with your lies and tell him the truth? And never bother us again to help you with your lies" Bomi finally stomped away
 
"Bomi yah! Bomi!" Chanyeol called "I'll bring her back here" Chanyeol said and was about to go 
 
"Let her be Chanyeol. I'm sorry for bothering you. Everything she is right. I shouldn't be bothering you both. I started this lie so I should be the only one suffering. I'm sorry" Eunji said releasing her tears as she ran back to their dorm.
 
 
 

 

 

[a/n]

 

Finally after almost a year, I'm continuing this ya'ay! I found my inspiration, all it takes is for me to watch some Baekji FMVs on youtube lol. Anyways, there will still be no regular updates but I'll really finish this and I want to give you chapters with interactions of all the couples and so to give you good chapters, it will take me time ahe.

 

Thank you for supporting this story

 

Much love ♥