Chapter 11

THE LETTER L : A JOURNEY TO YOUR HEART

Sacrifies

 

 

Chorong sat on the bench at the side of the field. Just thinking of her dongsaengs make her stressed.

 

"Aish!" She ruffled her own hair in frustration, just then she saw a pair of shoes in front of her. She immdiately look up and saw that it was Junmyeon "Omo, how embarrassing!" She thought and bit her lips. She was also surprised when Junmyeon handed her a milk tea

"Looks like something is bothering you? Here, it's good to at least relax" He said with his signature angelic smile

"That's really for me?"

"Yes"

"Ah, thank y… you" Chorong shyly said

 

Junmyeon sat beside Chorong while sipping in his pack own milk tea "So uhm, you can tell me what's bothering you. Well, if it's just okay for you"

"Thank you. But, don't worry it's just that I'm stressed with work and... the kids condition"

"Baekhyun? How is he?"

"Not just him. But he's doing fine now" she said and sighed "Well I don't know what I can do to help them. They are in the age of adolescents, but I never thought that they will be in such a conflict love like this"

"Yes, the age where they get to make decisions without properly thinking, the age of confusion. It's actually not hard to understand them because we went through the same stage, what makes it hard for us guardians of them is that the way of showing them what to do."

"It's hard for me; I can't take sides with any of them since they are all close to me. It's hard being their older sister"

 

"Well the best you can do is to be there for them. Don't worry I'll help you"

 

 


 

 

Baekyun is still at the hospital, he's been staying there for a week already, and until then Eunji kept her decision. She's still lying to Baekyun. 

 

"Eunji" Baekhyun suddenly called Eunji who was doing her homeworks while he’s reading her notes.

"Neh?" Eunji answered, lifting up her head to look at Baekhyun

"It's been a week, but Chanyeol and Bomi are not visiting me. Did something happen?"

"Ah... no, they are just busy for a project.... yeah a project" she said. Lie. Another lie. She bit her lips, it’s not really her to lie especially to those close to her.

"Project...and you? Are you not busy?"

"Well, I am but--"

"Eunji" he said and held her hand "I'm very thankful of having you here beside me. But, you don't need to come every day. I will understand if you're busy with school stuffs. You said you are a scholar, and I don’t want you to lose that scholarship, look at you, you’re even doing homeworks here. Don’t stress yourself because of me”

“Baekhyun ah, I’m fine. And I’m doing these for you, it’s not just because I felt guilty with happened to you, but also because I love you. I love you so much and I care so much for you. And because you’re here with me, I’m more inspired to do my homework” she said.

 

Baekhyun smiled at her before ruffling her hair. Eunji just told her that she loves him, those words that he never expected to hear from her.  He wanted to tell her that he loves her too, but it seems like something is off. Maybe it’s because he felt awkward. It just feel it’s not the right time to say those words, not now, maybe when he remembered everything, he will be able to say those words to her.

 

 “Thank you Eunji” Baekhyun just said,

 

 


 

 

Eunji went straight to her seat when she entered their classroom that morning. Before she sat, her gaze fall onto Bomi, who was also looking at her but turn away. Eunji sighed and just sit. It has been two weeks that they were like this. Treating each other as stranger, as if the other is not existing inside that classroom.

 

Entering the room was Chen and Chanyeol, who were laughing over a joke. Eunji’s stared at Chanyeol, and the latter did the same, stopped laughing and quietly went over to his place. Eunji sighed, she knows that it was her fault.

 

Am I being too selfish?”

 

Soon enough, Chorong already came. Silencing down the class with her usual cheerful but scary tone. Her smile is wide as she scan the room, but it slowly faded when she looked at Eunji. “Okay, let’s check attendance”

 

 


 

 

After spending her lunch time alone, Eunji went to the washroom and was surprised to see Bomi in there too. Bomi was about to get out but Eunji stopped her.

 

“Bomi-ah”

 

Bomi stopped in her track and look at Eunji through the mirror “Yeah?”

 

“Uh…. B-Baekhyun ah, he will be discharge later today” Eunji said

“Is that so? Good for him” Bomi said, in a flat tone

“Bomi ah, he’s looking for you and Chanyeol. He’s asking why you don’t visit—“

“Why would we? There is his GIRLFRIEND for him, we’re not needed” Bomi said, emphasizing the word girlfriend before walking out

“Bomi!” Eunji called but she didn’t follow her, instead she just entered the last cubicle and cried there.

 

 

 

 


 

 

When Baekhyun was discharged from the hospital, Eunji was not there. Only Chorong and Chanyeol came. “Maybe she’s busy”

 

“Hey man” Chanyeol greeted

“Hey, so how’s your project?” Baekhyun asked, they were now in a cab on their way to the school. He is beside Chanyeol while Chorong is at the front just listening to their conversation

“What project?” Chanyeol asked

“You know, for history class. Aish, you’ve all been busy for the project, how do you think can I catch up? Does our teacher give special project?” Baekhyun asked

 

Chanyeol not knowing what to answer just looked at Chorong “uhh, why don’t you asked noona, she’s our history teacher”

“Noona?! Oh yeah I forgot haha” Baekhyun joked innocently

“I’ll think about you special project later baekhyun, right now you should rest”

“Rest again? But I’ve been resting at the hospital for weeks already!” he pouted

 

 

 

When they came to the school, Chanyeol and Baekhyun went to their dorm. Chanyeol returned to being Baekhyun’s roommate and was assigned by Chorong to tour Baekhyun. Meanwhile Chorong went to the school’s garden, where Eunji was.

 

“Eunji”

 

Eunji looked up to her unni and greeted her politely.

 

“Baekhyun’s already at the dorm, why don’t you go to him now?” Chorong asked

“It’s okay, I’ll meet with him later”

“Eunji ah, have you made up your mind?”

“huh?”

“Will you tell him the truth now?” Chorong asked

 

“No”

 

“But Eunji—“

“Unni, it’s only a month before summer vacation”

“What do you mean?” Chorong asked

“Give me a month, a month to be with him. By that time, I think he will already remember everything”

“But what if not?”

“Then I’ll tell him. I will personally tell him everything” Eunji explained

“But he will hate you”

“Now or later, he will still hate me. I know that, so I’m taking my only chance of loving him, of being loved by him, of being with him.”

“And what will happen after that? When he finally remembered everything?”

“I’ll go away”

“What?!”

“I know that he’ll hate me, and I know that when that happens, he will never want to see me anymore. So I will transfer school”