Chapter 8

THE LETTER L : A JOURNEY TO YOUR HEART

Saving You

 

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

 

“Oh no not again”  Baekhyun grunted as he heard the two girls called her name. He didn’t know what happened between the two but it’s already a week when Eunji returned pestering him and she is even with Bomi now. Before it was just Eunji who always clings to him but now Bomi too.

 

Honestly when Bomi transferred to their school, he was in shock. And he didn’t know how to face her, after her confession to him when they were in middle school, but after a while they get back to being friends, and she even told him to be nice around Eunji. So he thought that Bomi is helping Eunji to win his heart, but now it seems that the two are fighting for his attention. But what’s weird for him is that the two seems still to be friends. How is it possible that you are friend with your own enemy?

 

He sighed and lowered his head before running to somewhere else. It’s still early to go to class and it’s not a good place since Eunji and Bomi will find him there. He just wish that they wouldn’t find him.

 

“Yah! Baekhyun!” The two girls ran after him when they saw him ran, but unfortunately Baekhyun is fast and they lost him

 

“Why did he run?” Eunji asked

“It’s because you called him” Bomi said

“You called him too, don’t blame me”

“C’mon let’s just go to class”

“Okay” Eunji then cling her arms to Bomi

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bomi and Eunji just went to their classroom and as expected Baekhyun is not in there. Eunji went to her seat in the middle and Bomi went to her seat at the back

 

“Eunjijijijji!!” Bomi called

“Why?!” Eunji said as she goes to Bomi after putting her bag on her chair

“Help me with this, I didn’t get the lesson and they said we have a quiz later” Bomi pouted

“Eyy didn’t I told you to study it at home” Eunji said and lightly smacked Bomi’s head

“But I didn’t get it, it’s too hard. You’ll teach me right?” Bomi grinned

“Aish” Eunji said but still sat down on the chair in front of Bomi since the owner is still not there.

 

 

 

 

 

The class gets startled when the classroom’s backdoor suddenly slammed. They all look at Tao who is at the door and panting heavily.

 

 

"Eu-unji..Bomi... at the...huh...field..." He said between breaths

 

"Yah Tao what's wrong?" 

"B-b-baek....h-yun" 

 

The two girls were already wide eyed staring at him. It's hard for them to understand since he's still out of breath and stuttering. 

 

"Tao what happened?!"

"B...b..baekh--"

"Baekhyun and Chanyeol are fighting on the field!" The sudden appearance of Kyungsoo made it clear for them. Immediately Eunji and Bomj ran towards the field. 

 

 

 

The two guys were already surrounded by students. Bomi, Eunji, Chen and some other classmates made their way to the front to see the fighting guys.

 

“What?! You’re jealous that they like me? Huh” Baekhyun said as he wiped his bleeding lips.

“Shut up! You’re just hurting the both of them!” Chanyeol holds the collar of Baekhyun’s uniform and is ready to give him another punch when Eunji shouted

 

“Yah!”

 

He stopped, but still giving Baekhyun the sharp stare. Chanyeol released Baekhyun and started to walk away, the other students giving him way

 

“Yah Park Chanyeol, what happened?” Chen asked him

“Tsk why don’t you ask that guy over there” He coldly said and left Chen

 

“Baekhyun are you alright?” Bomi immediately went beside Baekhyun while Eunji just stand there. There is something she saw on Baekhyun’s eyes earlier when they were fighting. It’s different, it’s scary. She never sees Baekhyun look at Chanyeol or anyone like that.

 

Baekhyun ignored Bomi before looking at Eunji and leaving the crowd without a word.

 

 


 

 

“Now seriously, tell me how did this fight start?” Chorong said with a serious tone.

 

She is now in the classroom with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, the other students already get back to their dorm since the class already ended. The two is left for detention.

 

“Baekhyun, Chanyeol, don’t think that I’ll go easy on you just because you’re personally close to me”

 

She look at the two, Baekhyun is sitting in the far right seat while Chanyeol is at the far left. The two never exchange a single word or glance at each other.

 

“What? No one will speak?”

“Sorry, Ms. Park” both said

“You know your punishment, clean the building A on your own. But before I let you do that, can you please tell me why? I am her in front of you not only as your teacher” she paused and look at Baekhyun “But also as a friend” she looks at Chanyeol “and an older sister. I can put up with your childishness, I know you annoy each other but this fight is serious, you never hurt each other”

“Noona”

“Is this about Eunji? And Bomi?”

 

The two nodded.

 

“You’re already old enough to manage your own heart problems. But violence is not an answer. And the both of you, haven’t I told you before, made up your mind and don’t go into stupid situations without thinking. Now go”

 

Baekhyun bowed to her before getting out of the room, Chanyeol also do the same, but he speak before he gets out of the door.

 

 “Noona, we’ve hurt each other before, it’s not our first fight. You know that”

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Eunji is already in her comfortable clothes when she decided to take a walk. She just wanted to refresh her mind. All day she just kept thinking about Baekhyun. And all day, Baekhyun and Chanyeol didn’t talk. The two were quiet the whole day. And it is not just like them. 

The two are the noisiest in class so the whole class is really quiet earlier. She feels that she’s craving for some bubble tea and is about to go out when she saw Chanyeol. He was still in his uniform and seems tired. He walks straight and didn’t mind everyone around him, and instead of going to the dorm, he went out of the campus, and Eunji followed him, thinking that she should talk to him about the incident earlier.

 

“Eunji, be back in time” The guard said as she passed by the gates

“Yes sir” She saluted and smiled at the guard before walking ahead and the guard just chuckled at her playfulness.

 

In their school, even if they live at the dorm, they can go out of the campus after class if they want but they had a curfew and had to get back at 9.

 

Eunji kept following Chanyeol in a safe distance and constantly hide behind something when he turns his head. “Where is he going?” she asked herself as it is already some time and they were getting far, but Chanyeol just keep walking. Chanyeol turn left at the corner and Eunji still followed him but to her surprise, when she turn in the corner, he is gone.

 

“Where did he go” She said and look, when suddenly someone grab her wrist and pulled her away

 

“Yah let me go!” She was pulled so suddenly that she is stumbling while that someone pulled her. When she finally gets to balance herself, she look up and saw the back of a guy. “Yah!”

 

The guy suddenly halted his steps which surprised her, again. And now she can finally see the guy’s face

 

“B-Baekhyun?”

 

He let go of her wrist and look at the ground. Right now, there are lots of question in Eunji’s head, why did he just appear and pulled her there, and why did he even know that she was there? Is he following her?

 

“Eunji-ah” he said without looking at her

“Why?”

“I-I’m sorry”

“That’s it?” she said and finally he looks at her “Why? Why are you saying sorry? And why did you pulled me here in the first place?”

“I don’t know, if you want to, you can go back to Chanyeol” He said and started to walk away

“What? Are you serious? Are bringing me here you would just leave me?” Eunji is seriously pissed at him. Yes, she likes him, but he shouldn’t act like that.

“Yah! Byun Baekhyun!” she called him but he didn’t stop walking, she saw a tin can on the ground and kicked it at his direction.

 

She walks away after that, when she’s pissed she don’t care about her surroundings, just like now, she didn’t saw if the can hit Baekhyun but she didn’t care, she just walk away, she crossed the road without even looking at the sign.

 

And that is a big mistake.

 

 

She heard the loud honk coming from a car but it’s too late to get back and she was so shock that she can’t even move her feet. The car is getting near and all she does is closed her eyes until the car hits her. She was pushed about a meter away; she feels the pain as her body hits the ground.

 

Everything is black; her body is in pain, she felt dizzy.

                               

 

Am I dead?

 

 

She slowly opened her eyes, she’s not dead, and she’s still in her body. She saw the blood on her hands; she looks around and saw a crowd over the center of the road.

 

 

A body is lying on the ground. A familiar one. Baekhyun.

 

 

She gasped at the realization and quickly went to him, ignoring her pain. Baekhyun saved her, but he didn’t save himself.

 

 

“B-Baek-baekhyun! Yah! Baekhyun!”