Chapter 4

THE LETTER L : A JOURNEY TO YOUR HEART

The Letter L

 

 

As what Chorong said, the three girls went out together after class. They went to a café near the school and chatted together.

“Bbom we really missed you” Chorong said

“uhm she’s right” Eunji said and sit beside Bomi

“I missed you too. But Eunji, you didn’t even say goodbye before, you just disappear” Bomi said and pouted

“Ah, you know that my mom didn’t know about me joining the taekwondo class right? And that day we already need to go back to Busan. I bid goodbye to our master but I didn’t have the chance to bid goodbye to all of you. Mianhae for that”

“But you didn’t even contact us”

“I didn’t get your number though”

“Oh? Ah yeah that’s right hihi” Bomi giggled

“Bomi is still a babo” Chorong chuckled

“yah unni! Wait, why did you become a teacher?”

“Why? Do you think I’m not fit for it?” Chorong glared at her

“Eh? I don’t mean it like that”

“Of course hahaha, you know when Eunji disappear, it’s also your last year at the school, when you graduated I feel so lonely. So after that I focused more on my study. Well, I don’t even really know why I chose to be a teacher but… I don’t regret it. Who would’ve thought that you’ll be my students? Hahaha and of course, if I don’t become a teacher, I wouldn’t have met my soulmate” Chorong said the last line dreamily

“Soulmate?” Bomi asked

“Mr. Kim, our math teacher” Eunji said

“Oh, the handsome teacher. Is he your boyfriend unni?”

“Not YET”

“So he’s still courting you?” Bomi ask with enthusiasm

“pfft courting? He doesn’t like Rong unni” Eunji said

“Yah! Eunji! I’m your friend why don’t you just support me. And excuse you, don’t you see earlier? He gives me a juice, he’s so sweet, and that’s a sign! I know that he likes me.”

“pfft if I know he also gave juices the other teachers” Eunji teased Chorong

“Fine, fine!” Chorong said and sulk

“Eunji don’t be so bad to Rong unni” Bomi chuckled

“Unni, I’m just kidding”

“pfft, hey Bomi, I heard that you haven’t move in to the dorm yet?”Chorong asked

“Neh, I’m planning to move in this weekend. You know we just move in from Japan and I still need to help my parents in our house”

“Oh, don’t worry I’ll tour you at the dorm” Eunji smiled.

Their school has a dorm and most of the students live there and also some of the teachers, most of them were the ones who are not yet married. The girls’ dorm is on the west wing and the boys’ is on the east. After their bonding time at the café, Bomi was fetched by his father. It was an advantage that they have a car so Bomi won’t have to commute alone while she’s not yet living in the dorm since their house is a little bit far from the school. Eunji and Chorong on the other hand walk together back to school.

 

 

 


 

 

 

When Saturday came, Eunji helped Bomi to move in. Since it’s is the weekend and it’s just the first week, students still have time to hang around. Some went to the mall or visit their house or other places.

“Bbom, what room are you?” Eunji asked

“uhm, it’s C-07? Where is that?” Bomi said while looking at her keys given to her.

“3rd floor. Come on I’ll show you” Eunji said and lead the way, she’s carrying one of Bomi’s bag and they head to the stairs. When they get to the room, Bomi opened it and they are welcomed with a clean room. The room is colored baby pink and the curtain window is open letting the sun in and making the room bright. There are also flowers in vase on top of the drawer below the window. The room is just small, with a bunk bed on the right corner, the upper bunk just have a plain white sheet, while the lower has a pink sheet and with cute stuffed toys on the side.  Across the bed are the closets. By the door is the bathroom.

“Wow, your roommate must be a neat person, I pity her for a having a person like you as her roommate” Eunji said as she enter the room and putting the bag on the empty table. She scanned the room and went to the other table. There are two separate tables, the other one on the left, beside the closet, is empty and the one on the right have some papers neatly stacked and some books on the shelf above. Eunji also saw some drawings posted on the wall and also a framed photo of a familiar girl with her family.

“Oh, your roommate is Son Naeun” She told Bomi who is now busy arranging her clothes on the closet.

“Who’s that? Are you close with her?”

“She’s a year junior to us; I’m not really close with her though. She’s a pretty popular kid” just then the door opened and Naeun entered

“Oh, Annyeong Hasaeyo” she bowed to her seniors, she know Eunji and she’s also informed that her roommate will be coming today.

“Hello, I’m Yoon Bomi, your new roommate, I’m Eunji’s classmate”

“I’m Son Naeun, nice meeting you sunbae, I’m sorry I don’t have the time to help you move in”

“Eh, it’s okay” Bomi said

“But if you need anything, I’m willing to help you” she said and get her bag “I need to somewhere first, bye sunbaes”

“Bye” They said and Naeun went out again.

“Eunji” Bomi faced her friend with a serious face

“Why?”

“She’s so pretty….”

“Yeah, I heard that she’s a model for a cosmetic brand”

“Whoa, really? Daebak. Ah, I’ll finish this later, tour me in your room”

“Okay, come on” They said and went out. They walk to the hallways and climbed the stairs.

 

 

“My room is in the 4th floor Room D-04.”

“Who’s your roommate?”

“Oh Hayoung, she’s a freshman. She moved in a day before the class opening. My former roommate already graduated”

“Ah, so you also need to adjust”

“Yeah, but it’s not that hard. She’s a good kid actually…but”

“But what?”

“She’s creepy sometimes”

“How, don’t tell me she has pale skin, long hair covering her face, quiet and always has her head down”

“What a description, no she’s not like that. Well, she has white skin but not pale, she has long hair with bangs, but it’s not covering her face, she’s not that quiet, and she actually walks straight, showing her pretty face. She’s also tall, making her look like a model every time she walks.

“Really? Then how did she become creepy?”

“Well...—“

“Unni!” A tall girl called Eunji, they didn’t notice that their already in front of the room.

“Hayoungie”

“Eunji unni, I went to the bubble tea shop today and I bought you one, I put it on your table” Hayoung said and smiled, she just went out of the table when she saw Eunji and Bomi coming.

“Aww, Hayoungie is so nice. Oh by the way, this is Bomi, she’s my classmate and she just move in today”

“Hello sunbae, Oh Hayoung imnida”

“Hello, I’m Yoon Bomi”

“I’ll get the bubble tea first eh” Eunji said and entered the room, leaving Hayoung and Bomi outside.

Bomi looked at Hayoung and studied her; she’s really pretty and also taller than her. And now she wonder how this cute girl can be creepy, but she was surprised when Hayoung look at her, looking directly at her eyes, deeply into her soul while having that smile on her face. It’s not just a smile, somehow it’s creepy, there’s a weird feeling at her smile.

“Bomi sunbae” Hayoung spoke

“O-oh?”

“Your past can affect the future; there are no secrets that won’t be revealed.”

“Wh-what are you saying?”

“If I’d give you a letter, it would be the letter L”

“Huh? L? What? What’s that for? What does it mean?” Bomi asked, totally confused

Hayoung smiled sweetly at her before leaning in and whispers to her “Only you know what it means. Only you can give its meaning, because you are the one who’s going to define it”

“I don’t really get you--”

“The letter can stand for a lot of words, but you’re the one to decide which of those will be your fate”

Hayoung stand straight again and smiled again “But be careful, your choice can affect the others.”

“Hmm, Youngie this is really nice” Eunji just get out of the room, with the bubble tea on her hand.

“I’m happy that you liked it unni. Oh I have to go now. See you later unni, bye sunbae” Hayoung said and ran away, with a smile and like nothing had happened.

“Hey, Bomi I thought you want to see my room, I’m waiting foryou inside”

“Oh, okay”

“What’s wrong? Want some?” She offered and opened the door

“No thanks”

“Wow, Yoon Bomi declined my offer?! Are you sick?”

“Tsk” Bomi then grabbed the bubble tea from her and she just chuckled. “I think what you said about Hayoung is true”

“hmm?”

“She’s creepy? There’s something weird about her”

“Oh, what did she told you?”

“Uhm, something about past and a letter”

“What letter?”

“L”

“Ooh, it’s the same as for me. She also gave me that letter. That time when we first met, I don’t really know what she’s talking about. She said something about memories and pretending then that letter L.”

“What does that mean? Have you asked her?”

“I tried asking her, but she said that only I know it and she didn’t know too. And she won’t talk about it anymore, so I just let it off. She’s just really a weird girl”

“So I should just forget about what she said?”

“Yeah? But you know, I’ve heard that she’s called psychic in her class”

“Psychic?”

“Uhm, they said that she guessed things right. Like on her first day, she told her seatmate to be careful and later that they, her seatmate was injured on his try out for the soccer team”

“Woah, so she can see the future?”

“She said that it’s only her guess and she doesn’t know that it will really happen. She just told him to be careful because she heard that he’s joining the team. Oh and when asked by her classmate about the color if her underwear, she answered correctly”

“pfft, that one is hilarious”

 

 

Even if Eunji said to just let off what Hayoung said to her, that night on her bed, Bomi still kept thinking about it

“Can she read minds and tell the future? Aish, that’s impossible…..But what if she knows about…No no she can’t know about that. Aish Yoon Bomi, what are you thinking?” She covered her face with the blanket and tried to sleep.”