One Sided Love?

Just One Day

Kim SeokJin

 

We were inside the Ice cream store and everyone was enjoying when Jungkook spoke about his sister.

 

“I will rip off that guy Sehun if anything happens to my noona. I don’t like him.” Jungkook said while making faces. I was just silently eating my ice cream listening to what he was talking until he asked me something.

 

“Hyung, what do you think of that Sehun? Do you think he likes my noona?” I was speechless, I don’t know how to answer it but one thing’s for sure I feel a slight pain on my chest when I heard him asking me if he likes her. I was with Jaehee since we were young and no one dares to court her because I will firstly make a move and threaten whoever wants to court her. I don’t know but I don’t like seeing her with another guy, well except from these guys over here. But today was different, today was the first time I saw her with another guy and most specifically, they just met earlier in class so why they’re acting like they already know each other? Did Jaehee hide him from us? I was in deep thought when Suga nudges me.

 

“Penny for your thoughts? What’s happening to you? Jungkookie just asked you if he likes Jaehee noona or not then you became like that.” Suga said while rolling his eyes while Kookie was smirking at me. I don’t know why he does that but something is up to him.

 

“Jin, don’t tell me you like your best friend?” Yumi suddenly asked that caught me off guard. Do I like her? Yes, of course she’s my best friend and we treated each other more than friends, we were like real siblings.

 

“Of course she’s my best friend what kind of question is that? Excuse me; I will just go to the bathroom.” I excused myself and immediately went to the bathroom. I leaned on the wash bin thinking of Jaehee. I decided to send her a message asking if she’s already home but after almost 10 minutes of waiting, she didn’t reply. I send her few more messages but she still didn’t reply. What is she doing with that boy? What if something happened to her? I was about to exit the door when Jungkook came in.

 

“Are you worried of noona because she’s with another guy? I know you like her hyung since then but why didn’t you make a move to get her as your girlfriend. I prefer you as my brother in law rather than that guy.” What is this little boy talking about? I tilted my head examining if he was just joking or not.

 

“I’m not joking around hyung, I’m dead serious here. If you like her then go get her before Sehun get her first.”

 

“What are you talking about? She was just my best friend and it’ll never change until the end.” I said and left him on the bathroom. I saw everyone was done with their ice cream well of course they are, I was being in the bathroom that long.

 

“I thought the bathroom eat you up hyung.” V joked and everyone laugh while I just fake a smile and seat again.

 

“So, that’s it I have to go home, I need to do something very important.”

 

“Me too, I’ll get going.” Suga said and stand up. After the bid their goodbyes Jungkook came out from the bathroom with a serious face. He was looking at his phone like he was burying holes in it.

 

“What is it Jungkook?” I asked and he showed me a photo of Jaehee and that guy Sehun that she uploaded on SNS. Sehun was the one holding the phone I’m sure of it because his arms was stretch upwards to take the photo. They were smiling and it looks like they’re in an arcade. I thought they’re going to do something? I knitted by brows while looking at the photo on the screen.

 

“I really don’t know what’s going on my noona’s mind anymore. I will go to the arcade to spy them.” Jungkook immediately slung his backpack and went out of the store leaving us dumbfounded.

 

“I think we should also go home. Come on” Yumi said and the others followed. After I drove Yumi to her home, I decided to go to Jaehee’s house to check if she was already home. I was patiently waiting for her outside the door when someone opens it. I saw Jaehee looking at me with wide eyes and after that Sehun came out behind her looking at me with his cols stare.

 

“Why didn’t you knock?” She asked but I don’t answer her instead I was looking at Sehun who’s still behind her.

 

“I’ll go first. Thank you Jaehee. I really enjoyed it. See you tomorrow.” He softly smiled at her and based on how he looks at her, I’m sure that he likes her 101%.

 

“Oh, Okay see you later!” Jaehee waved her hand at him while smiling. After the boy left, Jaehee pulled me inside the house. Once she closed the door, she hugged me and giggling on my chest.

 

“I missed you; I thought you already forgot me.” She said and I know she was pouting. I chuckled at her sweetness and hugged her back also. Even though I was slightly mad at her for going with a guy she didn’t even know that well, I can’t help but shove off the feelings.

 

“So, what do you think of Sehun? He’s nice right? He was cold and quiet in class but when you know him better he was soooo talkative!” She suddenly said and my heart sank. I was here with her but he still thinks about that guy.

 

“Really? I hope we can hang out together.” I said but she suddenly pulled away and glared at me. Did I say something wrong?

 

“Don’t lie to me Jin, I know you don’t like him and so as the others. That little brat told me earlier.” She said pertaining to Jungkook, so he caught them on the arcade? I smiled inside my mind because that little boy did a great job.

 

“I know you’re smiling inside your head Kim Seokjin. This guy……aish! By the way, what brings you here?” She asked me as she pulled me to her room upstairs. Well, I’m proud to say that except for her brother, I’m the only one allowed to enter her room. She threw herself on her bed staring at the ceiling while I leaned on her desk.

 

“I sent you a lot of messages earlier but you didn’t reply any of those so I decided to check you’re okay and it looks like you’re really okay. What’s this?” I asked when I saw a fully designed notebook. She turned her head and her eyes got wide when she saw I was holding it. She immediately gets up from the bed and snatched the notebook in my hands.

 

“Don’t touch this.” She said while protecting the notebook with her whole life. I got curious what’s inside in it, I stepped closer but she step back until the back of her knees hit the bed.

 

“Gotcha!!!” I snatched it away from her and based on her reaction, I swear she was afraid like someone is going to kill her. She stayed on her spot not moving an inch then I realized she really pale that’s why I gave it back to her.

 

“I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to scare you. I just want to know what’s inside.” I said and she nodded her head while putting the notebook under her pillow.

 

“I think I need to go, see you later.” I come closer and hugged my best friend inhaling her sweet scent that so addicting to me. I pulled away and left her inside her room.

 

 

 

Jeon Jaehee

 

I sighed in relief once Jin left my room. I was really thankful that he didn’t see what’s inside and if he did I’m 100% sure that today was the last day of our friendship.

 

“Noona!” Jungkook burst from the door that startled me a bit. He was panting and looks at me with wide eyes.

 

“What’s wrong?” I confusedly asked my brother.

 

“Nothing, ehehe. I just want to startle you.” He said and I swear I want his punch his face whenever he does it to me. He walked in and threw himself on my bed.

 

“Yah! You’re ruining my bed!” I pushed him out of my bed until he fell down.

 

“Noona it hurts!” He complained while rubbing his .

 

“By the way Noona, what is Jin hyung to you?” I made a disgust face to him when he asked me that. First Ahra, then Sehun and now my brother.

 

“What the…of course he’s my best friend! I’m sick of that question.” I said and lie down on my bed with my brother beside me.

 

“But seriously noona, don’t you ever think of hyung as your boyfriend? He’s nice and always there for you since we were young. Don’t ever have a crush on him? If I were you, I will never let him be with other girls.” My brother said while I’m just staring at the ceiling. He move closer and hugged me on my waist, my brother and I always like this. Sometimes he slept on my room or vice versa, I was a mother figure to him since our parents are always busy with their work. We are not that rich just like Jin who have everything in life fame and money. I wonder how we ended up as best friends, maybe because we used to be neighbors when we were young. When our parents are gone, I was the one in charge of taking take of my little brother and Jin is always there to help me.

 

“Stop being delusional Kookie, we are just friends and I’m satisfied with it. Do you want pizza? I will call for a delivery since I don’t think I can cook tonight. I’m going to continue the book that I’m writing.” I said and my brother stood up.

 

“Okay, I’ll be on my room.” He said and closed the door behind as he left. I continue staring at the ceiling thinking about what my brother said until I remember my notebook behind my pillow. I slowly open it and a lot of pictures and notes are written on it. Actually, I’m not writing a book this is what I’m doing when I’m alone here in my room. I was writing what is inside my mind and heart about Jin my best friend. I grabbed my pen and started to write again.

 

Jin, I was slightly mad at you when you didn’t even glance at me in school because you’re busy with your new friend or maybe your girlfriend. She was beautiful and the two of you look good together but honestly, whenever I look at you with her my heart hurts a lot. I don’t want to admit this but I like you. I really really like you since I met you but I know I didn’t have a chance on you because you just see me as your best friend. Sometimes I hoping that you like me too even though you really not. I like you, I really am.

 

A tear slipped down from my eye after I wrote it on my notebook, a book of what I really feel about Jin the book that I’m hiding for long time now and the book that I don’t want him to see, my diary.

 

 


So here's an update guys I hope you ike it tehehehe.

 

Enjoy!!!!