Let Go

Just One Day

READ PREVIOUS CHAPTER BEFORE THIS ONE: ^^v


Author’s POV

 

Since that day, Jin always ignore her or totally avoiding her whenever she’s around that makes the others worried about them most especially Jungkook. He always asked Jin why he’s like that but the latter always change the topic. Even the students started gossiping about what happened to them, some are worried and some are happy because they can get a chance to be close to him while Jaehee tried her best to talk to him but Jin always refused until it’s only 2 days before the engagement of Jaehee and Luhan. Many are shocked at the said engagement since they all thought Jin is the one for her. Jungkook even confronted their parents to cancel the engagement but they refused since all has been settled. He felt sorry for his sister because he knows that it’s really Jin in her heart, she’s just getting confused because of her childhood friend and she doesn’t want to hurt him.

 

“Noona.” Jungkook peek at his older sister’s room but he finds no one inside. He entered the room looking for her until he heard someone sobbing inside the bathroom then he saw his sister on the corner hugging her knees.

 

“Noona, don’t cry.” He said and bent down on his knees to hug her while Jaehee continue to sob. Jungkook know what she feel even though she’s not telling it to him. He wanted to do something to make her happy but he doesn’t know how.

 

“I feel like I’m dying Jungkook. Jin doesn’t want to talk to me. He’s avoiding me now. I’m not important to him anymore. He hates me now.” She cried while Jungkook continue to comfort her broken sister.

 

“I’ll take care of him for you. Don’t worry. Stop crying.” He said as he helped his sister to stand up and walked to her bed. Jaehee is in a mess since Jin became cold to her and even Luhan noticed it.

 

“Just stay here at home. I’ll do anything to cancel that dumb engagement.” He said and was about to leave the room but Jaehee caught him on his arm.

 

“What are you going to do?” She asked with wide eyes.

 

“Just trust me noona.” He answered and left the room while Jaehee lie on her bed and cry again for the ninth time that day. She didn’t even go to school because she’s afraid that Jin will just ignore her like she doesn’t exist and Jungkook also decided not to go to accompany his sister since their parents are with Luhan’s parents. On the other hand, Luhan is staring out of the window of his room thinking about what his brother told him last night.

 

“Hyung, let her go don’t you see she’s suffering right now? She likes Jin its obvious hyung but you keep pushing yourself to her. She likes you too but just as an older brother. She wants to be with him but you’re there who’s blocking her real happiness. If you really love her then make her happy and the only one who can make her truly happy is Kim Seokjin.”

 

“Yes, she will be your wife soon but does her heart really belong to you? What would you feel if your wife loves someone else? Think about it hyung, it not too late to make everything right.”

 

 

Luhan sighed and went to his desk and picked the small remote control and pressed it. The bookshelves started to slide to reveal a hidden room behind the wall. It was Luhan’s sanctuary when he’s lonely or depressed. The room was simple but all the things inside it are the most precious ones in his life. There’s his first trophy when he won player of the year in his university, the awards and recognition he got from playing football since he was young back in Beijing but the most important of all is the picture where he and a girl smiling in front of the camera. It was his last picture with Jaehee before his family moved to China and eh treasure it a lot like it’s a piece of diamond. In the picture Jaehee still has her short apple cut hair wearing a cute floral dress.

 

“Should I let you go? But, I love you Jaehee. I’ve waited 13 years to make my dream come true. You, to be my wife and me, to be your other half. I overcome all depression I’ve experienced because I’m missing you a lot that’s why when Mama told me we’ll going back here in Korea, the first one that comes into my mind is you. I want to make you happy but I don’t want to let you go. I can’t let you go.” Luhan said staring at the picture with his hands inside the pocket. He picked up the picture and stare closely to Jaehee, how happy she is when the picture was taken.

 

“Master Luhan?” he heard someone calling him. He immediately put back where the frame is and hurriedly went out of his secret room.

 

“Why?” he asked when finally open the door.

 

“There’s someone who wants to talk to you. He said he’s Miss Jaehee’s brother. He’s waiting for you downstairs.” The maid said and he nodded his head. He closed the door behind him and went where Jungkook is.

 

“Jungkook, it’s good to see you here. Have a seat.” He said when he saw him standing there while looking around the house.

 

“What can I do for my brother in law?” he smiled but the younger one glared at him.

 

“Do you really love her?”

 

“Of course, what kind of question is that?”

 

“Then, let her go.”

 

“Why?” Luhan innocently asked even if he knows what he’s talking about.

 

“I know that you know what I’m talking about here Mr. Luhan. My sister loves Jin hyung not you, isn’t it obvious? Both of them are suffering right now because of you. You’re the one who ruined their relationship.” Jungkook said while Luhan just looking at him.

 

“They love each other more than friends since then but they didn’t realize it until you came in between them. My sister loves Jin hyung but she keep it a secret, afraid that he only sees her just a friend not knowing that he also feels the same way. It’s not too late to make everything right. Please let noona be happy.” Jungkook finished and left the house immediately leaving Luhan alone in the living room.

 

 

Jeon Jaehee

 

I woke up and saw it’s already 6pm which means Jin might be at home right now. I got up from my bed and grabbed my jacket on my desk. I rushed out of the house and took a taxi to go to Jin. As I was inside the vehicle, I can’t help but cry thinking Jin hates me. I don’t know what might happen next after I go there but I need to talk to him about his problem with me and I want to know if he likes the way I like him. Whatever his answer is, I will accept it wholeheartedly even if it means goodbye.

 

“Miss, where are you going?” The taxi driver asked. I forgot to tell him where I will get off.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry Kim Residence in Hapjeong-dong.” I answered. I know it’s just few blocks away from our house but I need to be there as soon as possible and after few moments, the taxi stopped. I paid the taxi and get off. I was in front of their house and this is the first time I go here feeling nervous since I used to be excited and happy whenever I’m coming here. I pressed the door bell and someone answered me thru their intercom.

 

“Who’s there?” I heard one of the maids asked. I deeply breathe before I spoke.

 

“It’s me Jaehee. Can I come inside? I want to talk to-.” I can’t even finish what I’m saying when the gate opens revealing Jin staring coldly at me.

 

“Can we talk?”

 

“We’re already talking.” He rudely answered that broke my heart into million of pieces. I’m about to cry so I bit my lips to prevent myself to cry.

 

“I know it’s my fault for not telling you about it but trust me I also don’t know that I was going to be engage with someone else until Jungkook told me.” I explained while we’re still in front of their gate.

 

“Leave.” He said but I stayed there.

 

“I said leave! Are you deaf? You know what? You’re pissing me off every time I see your face and I don’t like it so leave. I don’t want to see your face ever again.” He said and tears immediately escape from my eyes. I slowly took a step back and turned around to run away form him. I keep in running didn’t know a car is coming towards me until I heard a honk coming from it. I look at my left and saw the car few meters away from me. I want to run but my feet seem stuck in there so I just closed my eyes and screamed.

 

 

Kim Seokjin

 

I wasn’t really pissed when I see her. I’m actually happy deep inside but I decided to let her go and give up since she’s going to get married. I know I’ve said bad things to her but I can’t take it back since what’s done is done. I was walking to get inside the house when I heard someone scream and I know from who that voice is. I stopped my tracks and hurriedly went out of the gate to look for her and there was the car in the middle on the street.

 

“Jaehee…” I whispered when I think that bad happened to her. I went to the front of the car and saw her on the floor lying unconsciously. My knees got weak and blame myself for what happened to her. If I didn’t tell her those words, she wouldn’t run away and got hit by a car. I immediately carried her inside the house to my room. I carefully laid her on my bed and call our family doctor to come to check her. After few minutes, Dr. Yoon came; I’m impatiently waiting on the corner of my room while he’s checking Jaehee’s condition.

 

“Don’t worry she’s okay. I think she got unconscious because of fear. She only got few bruises so there’s nothing to worry about Jin.” Dr. Yoon said and I sighed in relief that she’s okay.

 

“Thank you so much Dr. Yoon.” I thanked and he smiled.

 

“By the way, what happened?”

 

“We fight.” I answered shortly and he chuckled.

 

“Your girlfriend?” He asked. No matter how I love her to be girlfriend but she isn’t.

 

“No.” I shook my head.

 

“But, you like her right?” Dr. Yoon asked and I finally admitted my feelings for her to other people. I nodded my head shyly and he patted my back.

 

“Then, don’t let her go. Tell her what you feel, she might also like you the way you like her. Okay, I’ll go ahead. Take care of that beautiful lady and confess to her.” He leaves my room while I look at the sleeping figure on my bed. I walked up to the bed and sit on the edge watching her sleeping. I brought my hand to her face and gently caress it then lean down to kiss her forehead.

 

“I love you Jaehee.” I whispered before I pulled away.