Taking Away

Just One Day

Jeon Jaehee

 

I was doing my homework when Jungkook burst inside my room, panting. I looked at him with surprised since he always knocks on my door before he gets inside. He’s frowning at me like I did something wrong then grabbed my wrist and pulled me up.

 

“Yah!! Let me go!!” I yelled at him, pissed for barging in my room without my permission but he just looked at me.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me noona?” he fiercely gazing at me but I don’t know what he’s talking about. He looks really angry but I don’t know why? I pulled back my wrist and crossed my arms against my chest.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Kookie so please leave me alone. I have a lot to finish, you see?” I pointed at my study desk and was about to turn around to go back studying when his words got me frozen.

 

“You’re going to marry soon but still acted like you didn’t know? How long will you hide it from us? I thought you like Jin hyung?” My eyes widened at my brothers words. I don’t know why he said that but how can I get married if I didn’t have a boyfriend yet?

 

“Are you crazy? I’m not going to marry. Who told you that stupid thing?”

 

“Mom and Dad.”

 

“What?!!” I glared at him but his expression didn’t change.

 

“I heard them talking about you earlier and they said you’re going to marry their friends’ son soon. I heard that guy was your childhood friend and you like him a lot.” I was thinking about my childhood when I suddenly remembered someone who’s really close to my heart, Han oppa. But, it’s been more than a decade since I saw him when his family moved to China. I felt nervous thinking that he’s back. I felt happy at the same time scared because I don’t know if he’s still the same boy that I used to know. I slowly walked backwards then sit on my chair, staring blankly and a tear escaped from my eye.

 

“H-He’s back.” I whispered but loud enough for Jungkook to hear. I looked up to my little brother and I can see him soften when he saw me crying.

 

“Noona, are you okay?” He asked me but I didn’t answer.

 

“It’s okay noona. I’ll do anything to stop the engagement party. I don’t want you to be with someone you don’t love.” He hugged me tight and I shook my head.

 

“You don’t understand me Kookie. Noona loves that guy since she was young but…………she also loves Jin. What should I do? I’m confused.” I said and he loosens the hug to look down at me.

 

“You should only choose one noona. If I were you, I would choose Jin hyung. He likes you noona and I can see it through the way he looked at you. You’re just being blind to see it.”

 

“What about Yumi? Who is she to him?”

 

“You should directly ask him about that matter because I also don’t know. Think about it noona. Think about all the things Jin hyung did for you.” Jungkook said before he left my room while I’m still staring blankly how difficult my situation is. I decided to stop studying and just sleep early because I know I can’t think carefully if I continue. I tucked myself to my bed and think about Jin when my phone rang. I ignored it but it keeps ringing so I lazily picked my phone from my nightstand. It was an Unknown number. I knitted my brows thinking who it is but I decided to take the call.

 

“hello?”

 

“Hey. It’s me Han. Can we meet tonight?” a gentle sweet voice said on the other line. I was lost for words not because of his voice but what he said he is. It’s Han oppa that I haven’t seen for so long.

 

“O-Oppa? Y-You’re back.” I said with wide eyes and he hummed in respond.

 

“For you. I missed you a lot so if you don’t mind, I want to see you tonight. Please.” He said and I unknowingly agreed to him like I was being hypnotized by his voice.

 

“Let’s meet at the park we used to play before. I’m already here. I’ll wait for you.” Oppa said and I hummed.

 

“Okay, see you later.” I said and hung up. I hurriedly grabbed my jacket and went out of the house luckily; it’s just a few blocks away from our house. I shivered when I felt the cold air but I ignored it because I’m excited to see Han oppa. I wonder what he looks like right now while walking to the park. After a few minutes walk, I reached the park and saw few people walking. I continue to walk until the swing we used to play when we were child and I saw a tall figure of a man standing near the swing with his back facing me. I slowly walked up to him until we’re just one meter away form each other. I deeply breathe before I called his name.

 

“O-Oppa?” I stutter because I don’t know if he’s really Han oppa but my eyes grew wide when I saw his face clearly when he turned around.

 

“Luhan-ssi.” I breathe still looking at him with wide eyes. I looked around to see if some other guy is there but all of the men there are much older than me then I finally realized something but I don’t want to believe it. Is he my Han oppa?

 

“I’m happy that you came.” He smiled at me softly. I step backwards but I accidentally trip into something but before I totally fall on the ground, Luhan caught me by my waist. I looked up to him and realized our faces are just an inch away from each other. I want to pull away but he tightly holds me like he doesn’t want me to go.

 

“Are you Han oppa?” I nervously asked and he smiled at me with a nod.

 

“Yes and I’m disappointed when you didn’t recognize me before.” He confirmed and now I know why he looked at me like that when I first saw him at their house. I felt so stupid for not realizing he was Han oppa.

 

“I’m sorry. I hope you understand. We haven’t seen each other for a long time so I don’t know what you look like anymore.” I said a little conscious because I felt like he’s different. Luhan hold my hand when I didn’t say anything after that and led me to one of the benches there to sit.

 

“How’s your life when I’m gone?”

 

“I can barely eat that time because I missed you a lot. I stayed at home for a whole week not wanting to go to school without you. A lot of kids started to bully me because they knew you’re not with me anymore. They always tripped me but one day, there’s a boy who fight for me and protect me from them. I’m glad he came to save me.” I told him the truth how my life is when he’s gone but I noticed he slightly frowned when I mentioned another boy.

 

“And, who is this knight of yours?” he asked me.

 

“Jin, my best friend.” I smiled at him but his face turns cold.

 

“I see. Do you like him?” His question made me froze from my seat. Yes, I like Jin a lot because he’s always there for me whenever I needed him and I love him but those words can’t seem to come out from my mouth thinking that I might hurt his feelings.

 

“Jae? I’m asking you. Do you like him?” he asked once again. I slowly turned to him and nodded my head a few times.

 

“What about me?” he slowly lean towards me.

 

“I like you too.” I honestly said and he smirked. He slowly moving his face close to mine while I can’t seem to move and back away.

 

 

Kim Seokjin

 

I’m going to Jaehee’s house tonight since Jungkook called me about her upcoming engagement to someone else. I can’t let anyone to take her away from me and I decided to confess my feelings for her before it’s too late. I hurriedly go down the stairs not thinking that I forgot to wear some thick clothes.

 

“Young master, where are you going?” Butler Jang asked me.

 

“To Jaehee’s house. Where’s chauffer Yoon? I need a car.”

 

“Yoon is on his way to pick your parents from the airport.” He said and I shook my head. I went to the garage to get my own car since I have my keys with me. I get inside the car but when I was about to start the engine, I saw the gas sign red which means it has no gas. I groaned in disappointment and went out to just get a taxi. I’m impatiently waiting for a taxi but it’s already 30 minutes but I can’t see a taxi coming that’s why I decided to just run to go there. I run as fast as I can to see her soon until I reached the park, I lower my speed and decided to take it slow since I’m already tired but when I turned to my right, I saw two people under the tree. It was Jaehee and another guy who slowly moving his faces closer to her, ready to kiss her. I felt a sudden pain in my heart while I was clutching my fists into ball because of jealousy and then I slowly walked away didn’t want to see them together.

 

“Jin!!” I heard someone called but I didn’t dare to look back instead, I run away from the park not knowing where to go until I reached the school without my knowing. I entered the empty school and went to our class room. I stayed there didn’t know for how long because of so much pain I’m feeling right now. I feel so lost like the world is going to end anytime soon. I love Jaehee so much and I can’t afford to see her with someone else. She’s the girl that I’ve been dreaming to have but all of my hopes went down when I saw her with that guy. I felt like she’s been taking away from me. After calming down myself, I went out of the school and walk where my feet go until I found myself in front of Jaehee’s house. I want to see her face before I pass out because of coldness that I’m feeling right now. I looked around and found a small stone. I picked it up and throw it into her window and after few moments, I saw the light . She takes a glimpse and saw me bitterly smiling at her. I waited for her to come down shivering.

 

“Jin.” She opened the gate and the first thing I did is to hug her tightly like my life defends on it.