Just a Friend

Just One Day

Jeon Jaehee

 

Once we arrived at mansion, he immediately pulled me along with him inside the house without saying any words.

 

“Let’s go to my room.” he said and dragged me to his room while I just hang my head low. I didn’t say anything that maybe bothers him since whenever I want something to know I’ll immediately ask him but today was different. He slowly let go of my wrist when I was already sitting on the edge of his bed.

 

“What you saw earlier, it’s nothing. She’s the one who initiated the kiss. I’m also surprised at her sudden move and when I turned my head on the door, I saw you standing there.” He explained and I nodded my head.

 

“You don’t have to explain it to me. I’m just your friend so it’s okay to me. I’m just shocked because you never told me that you have a girlfriend. I always thought that you’ll say to me everything about yourself because we grew up together. Don’t worry its okay.” he sat beside me and holds my hand like he used to do whenever we have some misunderstanding but I pulled back my hand and clasps it together.

 

“Do you want to know why I brought you here?” he asked me and I shook her head because I really don’t have an idea why he needs to bring me here. He move closer to me and hugged me. I slightly flinched at the sudden contact. I was about to push him away but he tighten the hug while he snuggle his face on the crook of my neck inhaling my fruity scent.

 

“I felt jealous whenever I see you with Sehun. The way you smile and look at him like you already know him longer than me, it hurts me.” he confessed. It felt so good hearing him feel jealous and I slowly hug him back.

 

“Me too. I honestly don’t like to see you with her but I also don’t want to ruin you r relationship with her that’s why I’m the one who voluntarily distanced my self from you. The day when we were about to go to a ice cream parlor, I just used him to get away from you and lying that I’m going to do something with him.” I said and he chuckled.

 

“I know.” he pulled away and stare at my eyes while I’m looking at him with wide eyes.

 

“I knew that you just pretended everything. I observed your body movements and facial expression. You keep looking at somewhere until you saw Sehun coming. Sehun’s also surprised at what you did and as far as I know we didn’t have any project since it’s a first of school.” I putted my palms to cover my face in shame but he removed those and smiled at me.

 

“You can’t lie to me Jae but I have one thing to ask you and please answer it wholeheartedly okay?” he said

 

“Okay” I was kinda hesitating to reply back but agree in the end.

 

“What am I to you?” He seriously asked me and I gulped before I speaks. I was nervous and I’m afraid I will accidentally blurt out my true feelings towards him.

 

“What kind of question is that? Of course, you’re my best friend and I’m happy that I met someone like you who always taking care of me. You’re always there for me, making me laugh whenever I’m sad or lonely. You always cheer me up whenever I’m down.” I said while looking at ground. I don’t want him to see my face blushed.

 

“What about you Jin? What am I to you?” I asked back and he smiled. I was waiting for him to answer but all he does is staring at me that make me uncomfortable. He took my hand and places it on his chest with a smile on his face.

 

“You’re the one that owns my heart since we were young and the girl I want to spend my whole life with.” My heart skips a beat when he said that to me. I feel butterflies on my stomach.

 

“J-Jin…” I stutter but he suddenly pulled me closer to him until our faces are an inch away. I don’t know how to react because my body is trembling in nervousness.

 

“The first time I saw you, I instantly like you and promised to myself that you’ll be my girlfriend in the future that’s why I befriended you to be closer to you. I love you Jaehee. Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked me and I unknowingly give him a small nod. He leaned in to connect our lips together. He started kissing me while I’m still shocked at his confession. I stayed there not making a move until I slowly give in and started to kiss him back. This is my first kiss and I’m happy that I’ve done it with him. We pulled away from each other while gasping some air. He rested his forehead on mine and pecked my lips.

 

“My first wish finally came true and I’m still waiting for my other two to come true. Thank you Jaehee. I love you so much.” He said and kissed me over and over again until I felt something heavy on my shoulder.

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Jaehee looked at Jin with wide eyes when she realized that she was daydreaming about Jin and her. She gulped a few times before she turned to Jin again but he was already sleeping in her shoulder still holding her hand. She didn’t realize that she was caressing his face until Jin caught her hand on his face and open his eyes.

 

“I-I’m sorry…” She stutters and pulled back her hand. She looks at the driver who has an earphone on his ear maybe listening to the radio.

 

“I should be the one to say sorry to you. What you see there, it was nothing. We don’t have a relationship if that’s what you want to ask Me.” he explained and Jaehee fall silent again not uttering a word until she saw a familiar place. Jin noticed her that’s why he asked the driver to stop the car for a while.

 

“That’s the playground where we used to hang out with Jungkook when we were young. I can still remember a little girl who’s a cry baby that always calls her mom or dad whenever I .” He said while staring at the playground where few kids are playing. Jaehee can’t help but to smile thinking about their past when they first met.

 

“Thank you.” She smiled at him and Jin brought his hand on her face to wipe her tears away.

 

“For what? For teasing you that time?” he asked.

 

“For being there for me since we met until now. I actually never thought I would have a friend who comes from a rich family like you. I’m happy that we became friends until now that we are getting older and I’m also thankful for your family who also treated me as their own daughter. You always protect and taking care of me. You always cheer me up whenever I feel down. You’re a perfect guy that all the girls are dying to have and I’m grateful that a perfect guy like you stays by my side. Thank you for everything Jin.” She said looking straightly to his eyes. I wanted to tell you how much I like you but I can’t because I know you only sees me as your best friend not a woman who you can spend your whole life with. How I wished God will give even just one day to be your girl, your woman, your girl friend. I love you Jin. She said through her mind while looking at him. Jin ruffles her hair and smiled at her.

 

“If you want you can be their daughter, asked them to adopt you.” Or just be my girlfriend and marry me Jaehee. He said through his mind while smiling at her.

 

“Jungkook will kill me if I let myself be adopted by your parents. You know him; he can’t live without his noona by his side.” She said and leans back on her seat.

 

“I already know that. Ahjussi, let’s go.” He said to the driver. After a few minutes ride, they finally reached the Kim’s Residence. Jaehee was about to get out on the door beside her but Jin pulled her to get out on his side. They entered the house and the maids smiled at their Young master and her.

 

“We will be in the library. Please bring some foods there.” He said to one of the maids still holding her hand. Once they left them, one of the maids say something to another one.

 

“They should be in school right? What are they doing here? And, did you see that? Young master is holding her hand tightly. Do you think they’re together?” the maid with curly hair asked.

 

“I don’t know but I can see in his eyes that he loves her. Don’t you think so? Every time his parents is telling him to blind date her to one of his cousins, he always refused it and get mad. If they’re really together now, it’s good news. I’m sure if they get married all of their children will be as beautiful as they are right?” the one with pony tail said while giggling when the head of the maids who’s in her mid forties came.

 

“Stop gossiping about our Young master and do what he said. Prepare some foods for them. Faster!!” She said with her hands on her waist. The two younger maids immediately ran inside the kitchen leaving the older one.

 

“I hope you’re three wishes come true Jin.” She said with a smile. She adjusted her glasses before she came back to the kitchen to give instruction and help the other maids. Meanwhile, Jin and Jaehee are now inside the huge library room at the house looking for something to read when Jaehee saw a journal on the table. She curiously looks at it while Jin was in the corner to find some book to read. The journal has a name on it and it looks like Jin owns it. She took it and went to a seat to read what’s inside. She was about to open it when someone snatched it from her hands. She looked up and saw a shocked or rather a scared Jin looking down at her.

 

“Don’t read this…….ah, this one fits you.” Jin gave her a book. She curiously looked at him.

 

“What was that? Why don’t you want me to read that journal? I want to read it.” Jaehee tries to snatch it back but Jin was taller than her. He keeps the journal really high so she wouldn’t reach it but Jaehee is not that easy to give up. He tiptoes and jumps just to get it when she outbalance. She was about to fall luckily, Jin caught her on her waist so wouldn’t fall without realizing that their faces are an inch away from each other.

 

“Ahemm…Young master here’s the food you two.” The maid with a pony tail cleared . Both of them quickly stay away from each other while the maid putted down the foods and drinks on the table.

 

“Thank you.” Jin said. The maid bowed at them and left them with a smile on her face. Once the maid closed the door, the awkwardness of the two fills the room. They didn’t seem to talk to each other until Jin’s phone rang. He took it out form his pocket and answers it without looking who it is.

 

“Yes, she’s with me. Oh Kookie, don’t worry she’s in good hands….Yeah. Oh I see. Don’t worry I’ll bring her home.” He looks at her and based on what he said, he’s talking to her brother.

 

“Okay, bye.” Jin hung up and put back his phone on his pocket. They stared at each other before Jin speaks.

 

“That’s Kookie, he’s looking for you. Come on let’s eat.” He said and pulled the chair for her to sit. She walks towards the chair and sit but still not saying anything maybe because she’s still embarrassed at what the maid witnessed earlier.

 

“I will let you read my journal one day but not now.” He suddenly said as he put the slice of chocolate cake in her plate.

 

“Okay, I’m sorry for forcing you to show it to me.” She said while watching him pouring the juice to her glass and he nodded his head.

 

“It’s okay.” He smiled at her and went to his food but his mind is thinking of something. I can’t show it to you now Jaehee, I’m not ready. When my first wish came true, I will show it to you, I promise.

 


Here's an update guys!!!