Childhood

Just One Day

Author’s POV

 

“Oppa!!! Where are you going?” a little girl asked the older boy who’s having a bag slung on his back. The young boy didn’t say anything instead leaving the girl dumbfounded and walk away from her. The little girl followed the boy until they reached the playground nearby.

 

“Oppa will be leaving soon so you have to be a good girl until oppa comes back okay?” the young boy bended to her level and patted her head with a smile.

 

“Can I just with you oppa?” The little girl asked but the young boy shook his head.

 

“You can’t come with me. Oppa will go far away from here but oppa will come back, I promise.” The young boy said while the little girl started to tear up.

 

“But, I want to be with oppa.” the little girl finally cried holding her teddy bear.

 

“Oppa promise that we’ll be together forever when I come back. You like that right? Don’t cry because big girls don’t cry, I thought you said that you’re a big girl?” He said but the little girl continues to cry louder so he holds her hand tight and lead her to one of the bench there to sit.

 

“I don’t want oppa to leave!” the girl said when she slowly calms herself down.

 

“Oppa have to but as I’ve said earlier, I will comeback and find you wherever you are. Be a good girl like I always told you okay? If someone wants to befriend you, let them don’t be rude to elders and most especially don’t forget me. I will be mad if you do.” The boy said and the girl pouted.

 

“I’m not rude oppa, your brother is. He always ignore me like I didn’t exist and if he notice me, he always act cold towards me that’s why I don’t like him. I like oppa more. Who will be my oppa if you leave?” the little girl sadly asked her head hung low.

 

“You’re here!” A pregnant woman appears behind. The young boy stood up and greeted the woman.

 

“Omonim, I’m sorry I bring her here. It’s my fault.” The boy apologized..

 

“No, it’s okay. I do not worry whenever she’s with you.  By the way I heard you’re leaving with your family to China. I feel sad because I couldn’t see my little deer anymore.” The woman chuckled and messed his hair while he’s smiling widely love the way the woman treated him.

 

“I will comeback omonim.” The boy answered.

 

“That’s good, this little girl over here will cry if you don’t right baby?” the woman looked down at her little daughter.

 

“Can I go with oppa?” the little girl asked her mother. The woman was taken aback for a moment before she made a ‘tsk’ sound.

 

“You love oppa that much?” Her mother asked and she slowly nods her head

 

“Oh my poor little girl, don’t worry when you grew up and reach 18, he’ll never leave your side forever right?” she turned to look at the young boy and he nodded. The woman giggled then felt a bit surprise after that.

 

“It looks like your little brother didn’t like the idea.” The woman playfully said when the baby inside her womb kicked. The boy slightly laughs at her. They stayed at the playground for about 30 minutes before they go home altogether.

 

“Bye!!” the boy waved his hand when he reached his house which is near at the girl’s house, few blocks away from his house.

 

 

 

“Hey! What are you thinking? You’re smiling like an idiot.” A guy with a chubby face came in to the room and sit beside him.

 

“Shut up, Umin.” The guy glared at his friend and went back staring up into the sky.

 

“You’re daydreaming about your little childhood sweetheart huh? Come on Luhan that was in the past. Do you think she still feel the same way after how many years? 13 years? You didn’t even find her yet then you’re acting like you already met her huh?” His friend said and he turned around with a smirk on his face.

 

“Oh, come on Luhan don’t tell me you found her? I know you a lot, and with that smirk, I know you found her right? Come on tell me the details!!” His friend is excitedly moving closer to him along with his chair.

 

“Do you remember when we’re in Myeongdong before?” he asked and his friend nodded his head.

 

“Of course, I remember! That’s the night when that girl Sora chased you like a hyena.” His friend laughs out loud while Luhan just rolled his eyes.

 

“That’s your fault stupid.” He answered with a frown on his face.

 

“It’s not mine, blame Chen. He’s the one who started it all. He’s the one told that girl that you like her. Don’t be it’s just a dare. Okay back to our topic, did you finally see her that night?” Umin asked and he nodded his head.

 

“I actually bumped into her that night and accidentally pour the cup of deukbokki she was holding at her coat.” Luhan was about to continue when Umin spoke.

 

“Woah!! She must’ve punched your face because of that but how did you know she was her?”

 

“Let me finish first okay? Here’s the thing that I saw when she left with that boy. I found something on the ground, it was maybe a gate pass or something and it has her name and picture. I was shocked when I realized she was the girl that I’ve been looking for. That’s why I went to the address that’s on the card. I saw her come out of the house with a boy which eventually I discovered her younger brother but seeing the face of the guy she was with that night, I don’t like it.” Luhan said glaring at the floor while Umin just look at him.

 

“Who’s that guy?” Umin asked.

 

“Kim Seokjin, the only child of Kim Corporation President, Kim Hyujun.” He answered.

 

“I watched her from time to time to see what she’s doing. She’s always with that guy most of the time. I knew that she’s studying at the school where Sehun is going to also and you know what? They’re also classmates but my little brother seems like he likes her. He didn’t know that she’s the girl he always treated cold and rude before. When my brother told Mom and Dad he’s going to invite his friends to our home, I immediately asked him who are they and he said they’re girls and it’s none other than her and another girl. I thought she’s going to recognized me immediately once she saw me but she didn’t.” Luhan let out a sigh before he continues to speak.

 

“She didn’t remember me anymore. She forgets me Umin.” He said.

 

“We’re not sure yet. Why don’t you tell her that you’re her Luhan oppa? If that Kim Seokjin is always with her, there’s a tendency that they like each other. You have to move faster than him before he totally gets her heart.” Umin told him and he smirk.

 

“I never thought you will say something like that. I thought you’re not interested in girls.” Luhan said.

 

“I’m still not interested. After Sera did that to me, I will never trust girls again. Even that Jeon Jaehee, don’t be too attach to her, she may hurt you like hell just like what I experience before.” Umin stood up from his seat and lean on the window.

 

“I will never experience that Xiumin. She’s different. I’m just going to wait for her 18th birthday next month then I will show up to her.” Luhan smirked while Umin shrugged.

 

“Okay, I’ll be leaving don’t forget we have a practice at 5pm. don’t be late.” He said before he finally left Luhan alone in the room. He quietly sits for about few minutes when his phone rang.

 

“Hello?” he lazily said.

 

*Sir, there’s a guy wants to talk to you*

 

*It’s me Kim Seokjin. I’m warning you, stop bothering Jaehee. She doesn’t have time for you so don’t waste your time and just study well so you could get high grades.* Luhan gritted his teeth nd clutching his phone near his ear hearing Jin’s voice on the other line.

 

“I cannot be threatened Kim Seokjin, I can fight with you man to man. Let’s see who will succeed. I will never give up on her. Never.” Luhan answered and hung up. He kicked the chair near him and throws his phone on the cold floor before he gets out of the room. On the other hand, Jin just gives back the phone to the man who always delivers flowers to Jaehee.

 

“Go back to your boss and never come back here.” Jin said. The man gets into his motorcycle and left him with the bouquet of flowers in his hand. Jin stared at the card before he throw it to the garbage along with the flowers before he goes back to his friends while Yumi saw everything that happened that’s why when she was sure Jin was gone, she went to the garbage and saw the flowers on it. She didn’t want to touch the garbage but she really wanted to know who came it from. She slowly lifted up the card using her thumb and index finger and read what’s written on it.

 

“Deer? What was that?” Yumi examined the card and look at where Jin disappeared.

 

“Kim Seokjin, you little……you’re jealous huh? In love with your best friend, I knew it.” She smirked thinking of something before she throw the card back to the garbage and follow Jin.

 

 


Omo! What was Yumi thinking? Before anything else, I just wanna say sorry for not updating soon. I really can’t focus on writing because I need to do a lot of things and I’m busy spazzing over BTS!!!!! They’re in Moscow!!!!! I’m dying just seeing their posted selca’s on their twitter account. Russian ARMY’s are hella lucky!!!! Okay, back to the story, now you know who is Luhan to Jaehee’s life if you’re still confuse what’s happening, stay tuned for the next chapter, I wil write the complete flashback of their childhood.