Counting Stars

Just One Day

READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER BEFORE THIS ONE: ^^v


Author’s POV

 

It’s the day of the engagement and everyone is busy preparing for tonight’s party but Jaehee is sad and hurt. She finally realized that she wants Jin not Luhan in her life but she can’t confront Luhan, afraid that she might hurt his feelings so she just pretended she’s okay even if she’s miserable inside. Since the accident, Jin stopped contacted her and he even changed his mobile number to cut his ties with her. She even asked his friends but they don’t what happened to him since he suddenly disappears after he brought her home when she wakes up that night. She misses him a lot but she doesn’t know how can see him. She told her parents that she wants to delay the engagement since it’s a short notice because she wants settle everything but they refused that makes her sad and only Jungkook comforted her.

 

“Run away.” Jungkook said and her eyes widened in surprise.

 

“W-What?”

 

“I said run away, that’s the only thing that can set you free from all of these. Go to Jin hyung, confess to him, and tell him how much you love him and how much you wanted to be with him. It’s all or nothing noona. You’ll be stuck to Luhan if don’t do it. I’ll help you run away.” Jaehee see the sincerity in her little brother’s words.

 

“Jungkook.” She firmly said.

 

“What? You don’t want to do it? But, what about your happiness?” She was about to answer him when her friends Ahra and Sehun walked in the room where she’s getting ready for the party. Sehun is wearing a suit while Ahra is wearing a simple dress but flaunt her accents.

 

“Jaehee.” Her friend Ahra sadly hug her tight knowing that she will be with someone she doesn’t really love while Sehun just look at her feeling guilty because he can’t do anything to help her in that situation.

 

“Are you okay?” Ahra asked and she nodded with a fake smile.

 

“Liar, I know you’re not. Did you talk to Jin? Is he coming here? I tried contacting him but his number seems inactive now. We even went to his house earlier but the maid that talked to us told that he wasn’t there.” Ahra said and Jaehee seems like she’s about to cry thinking where Jin is right now.

 

“I’m sorry Jaehee. If I can do something, I’ll do it. Tell me how I can help you.” Sehun offered but Jungkook scoffed.

 

“Help? If you want to help, you should do it before not now when it’s late.” Jungkook angrily said and Sehun can’t blame him for hating him since he was right after all.

 

“Yeah you’re right I didn’t do anything since the beginning and I regret it now because I saw how my friend here suffers because of my brother. I talked to him last time and told him to let her go but he refused. He said he waited this for 13 years and he’s not going to back out. I understand what he feels because I live with him since we were young. I saw his determination to find you Jaehee. He always keep himself inside his room every time he misses you and I pity him that’s why when I knew you’re the girl he’s looking for I felt happy for him. And, the engagement thing happened; I saw how happy he is but at the same time I saw Jaehee became sad and even her friendship with Jin hyung got ruined………that’s why I decided to step up and make it right.” Sehun said and Jaehee understand how hard it is for him since he’s Luhan’s brother, his own blood and flesh.

 

“If you’re willing to help then………help my sister run away later before the party begin.” Jungkook tested. Sehun looked at Jaehee before he turned to Jungkook and nodded his head.

 

“I will. Just tell what I should do.” Sehun agreed and Jungkook smiled at him while the two girls look hesitant about the boys plan.

 

“Isn’t dangerous?” Ahra worriedly asked and Jaehee nodded.

 

“No, even our friends will help and it’s already planned so don’t worry.” Jungkook answered. NO one realized that Luhan was listening behind the door. He was going to check Jaehee if she’s okay. He was about to knock on the door when he overheard the word ‘run away’ so he stayed there outside eavesdropping their conversation that even his own brother is betraying him and even offered his help.

 

“Luhan.” His friend called and he turned around with a smile.

 

“Congratulations for your engagement dude. You’re so lucky to have that beautiful lady to be your soon to be wife. I somewhat envy you man.” His friend patted his shoulder.

 

“Yeah, I’m lucky to have her Umin.” He said unhappy and Umin noticed it. He wants to ask him but their other friends come up to them.

 

“Lu-ge!!!” A tall brown man come up to them and attacked Luhan by giving him a tight hug.

 

“Oh my god Tao!! Stop being so clingy.” Luhan complained but the younger guy ignored him. His friends are all in the hotel to attend his engagement and all of them are excited for his upcoming wedding with Jaehee. On the other hand, Jin was staring blankly up in the sky waiting for a star to come out since the sky is a little cloudy. He left his friends behind and even Jaehee to move on with his life without her. It may be hard for him to let go that easy but he’s doing it slowly by changing his mobile number and left home. He’s not ready to face her with someone else beside her. Even if his friends are offering him a help, he refused it because he thinks that there’s nothing can be done. It’s already late for him to confess his feelings for her but before he left home, he wrote a letter for her telling her that he’s happy for her and that he loves her. He gave it to Yumi before he left and told her that when he’s already gone, give it to Jaehee since he can’t give it by himself because he’s afraid that he can’t let her go anymore. He asked Yumi to be there for Jaehee no matter what happen. Back on the hotel, visitors are starting to fill up the ball room fully dressed with a feast on the right side and an orchestra on the other side serenading the visitors with their classical music. The party is going to start any time but Luhan can’t be found anywhere. He told his parents that he’s going to do something before the party start and will come back soon. Meanwhile on Jaehee’s room, Ahra is nervously waiting for Jungkook and Sehun to get them out there to escape while Jaehee is just sitting there without any facial expression.

 

“Noona!! Come on. It’s time.” Jungkook bursts in the room but Jaehee seems like she’s no plan to move any single muscle. She was just looking at her little brother blankly.

 

“Noona!! We have to go as quickly as possible before someone gets you here to go there.” Jungkook tried to pull her to stand up but she’s not moving an inch until someone walked inside the room heavily panting.

 

“Jaehee!!!” Yumi immediately went to her still panting.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jaehee lazily asked and Yumi bring out a journal from her bag along with a letter. She put it down on Jaehee’s lap before she spoke.

 

“Before Jin left, he asked me to give it to you.” Jaehee’s head perked up when she heard it came from Jin. She slowly opens the letter and read it.

 

Jaehee,

 

I may not be there anymore when you read this but I just want you to know that I’m really sorry for what I’ve said and done to you this past week. I’m not mad at you or hate you because you’re getting engaged. I’m mad at myself for not telling you what’s inside me. I’m your best friend since we were young and I’m always by your side anytime you need me but right now I can’t be with you on your engagement because…………I don’t want to see you with someone else but me. Look at the journal that I made a year ago and you’ll know what I’m feeling. Thank you for everything and I hope you’re happy.

 

 

Jaehee’s eyes started to tear up folding the letter back and place it aside. She looks down at the journal Jin made and she slowly opened it seeing a lot picture of her at posted there with different caption. She continuously flipped the pages until the last one that made her cry. It was their picture together smiling in front of the camera with the caption: I wanted to be more than a friend to her even if just one day. I love this girl for a long time but I can’t confess to her afraid that our friendship will get ruined but I will wait until the right time and tell her my true feelings for her and I will never let her go. I love her so much. She’s my everything, my world and my one and only queen. Jaehee can’t take it anymore, she have to see Jin. She stood up from her seat and went to Yumi.

 

“Where’s Jin? Please, I need to see him.” She begged and Yumi smiled.

 

“I’ll bring you there.” Yumi answered.

 

“Take the back door, there’s no one guarding there. Come on let’s go.” Jungkook said.

 

“I’ll be in my car; I’ll wait for you there.” Yumi said and left first while Jaehee still wearing her long dress come with Jungkook and Ahra. They took the stairs instead of the elevator down to the ground floor. It’s tiring but for Jaehee, it’s nothing since all of this is for Jin. They finally reached the ground floor but someone saw them.

 

“Noona, take her to the back door.” Jungkook told Ahra and the latter nodded her head. Jungkook stayed there while a guard is coming towards him.

 

“Why did you take the stairs while the elevator is fine?” The man suspiciously eyed him then, Ahra came behind him.

 

“I’m with him. We can’t wait for the elevator to come we have to get here in the first floor. We’re waiting for someone to come. I’m sorry.” She said and pulled Jungkook away.

 

“Where’s my sister?” he asked and she smiled.

 

“She’s fine don’t worry. Come on before the ruckus start.” She winked while Jaehee is walking closely to the back door. She was almost there when someone spoke.

 

“Where are you going?” Luhan stepped out from darkness and stare at her. Jaehee doesn’t know what to do since she was caught, she was waiting for him to scold her but nothing comes out.

 

“Go.” Luhan said.

 

“What?” She confusedly asked and Luhan chuckled.

 

“Go to Kim Seokjin. I know he’s the one you really love so I’ll set you free even if I don’t want to.” Luhan said and gave her a smile.

 

“Thank you and I’m sorry for hurting you. I know there’s someone out there who deserves your love. Find that girl and live happily with her. I’m really sorry oppa, I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.” She cried and Luhan hugged her tight.

 

“Shhh…You don’t have to say sorry. I planned all of this because I know Seokjin likes you like the way I like you. Do you know that he once called me and told me to stop bothering you? He even threw the flowers that supposed to be delivered to you?” Luhan told and Jaehee looked up.

 

“Really? Did he do that to you but what flowers? Don’t tell me you’re him?” She said remembering about her secret admirer who always sent her flowers under the name ‘Deer’.

 

“Yup, I am Deer, the one who sent you bunch of flowers but been thrown away by your best friend.” He said and she gasped in surprised.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay, hurry up your lover boy might be waiting for you now.” He said

 

“What about you?”

 

“I’m fine don’t worry. I’ll explain to our parents everything. I know they will understand it. Go ahead before I change my mind.” He said and she nodded her head but before she could finally go, he hugged her tight and kissed her on her forehead as a goodbye. Jaehee smiled and left him alone there. She directly looks for Yumi’s car and she successfully found it near the exit gate. She immediately gets in. Yumi didn’t asked why she took so long, she just drive away from the hotel’s vicinity to go where Jin is. They were traveling now for almost an hour and that’s when Jaehee asked Yumi where they are going. Jin is in a private resort in Gwangju owned by his family. His been there to move on and to let go all his feelings for Jaehee and also to avoid her. After two full hours of traveling, they finally reached the resort. Jaehee immediately get off of the car to look for Jin who’s on the shore lying on the sand with his hands under his head looking up in the sky. He’s wondering if the engagement party is done. He bitterly smiles thinking that Jaehee will be Mrs. Oh soon. He got up and dust his pants clean. He walked into the shore feeling the ocean breeze that’s touching his skin. The place is calm but his heart and mind still can’t calm thinking of the girl he loves so much is totally taken away from him. He stopped his tracks and look up in the sky again to finally see a star shining brightly. He was waiting for a star to come out since earlier but nothing show up.

 

“I hope you’re happy Jaehee.” He sighed and stand there staring at the calm ocean when he felt something warm wrapping around his waist from behind. He slightly flinched at the contact but soon calm down when he recognize the scent of vanilla that he loves the most but he didn’t turned around because he wasn’t sure if he’s just imagining things or not until that person spoke.

 

“I’m sorry Jin. I’m really sorry.” Jaehee cried on his back and Jin finally turns around to face her. She looked up to him with full of tears in her eyes while Jin just softly smile down at her.

 

“I wanted you to know that………that……I-I love you.” She immediately hung her head low after she confessed to him but Jin lifted her chin up to look at him and without saying any other words, Jin placed his lips on hers which surprised her. It was her first kiss and she was glad that it was him who she loves so much. She slowly closed her eyes and kissed him back moving their lips in sync as Jin was pulling her closer to him. It was so gentle yet so passionate, showing their love for each other that they hide for so long. After the long passionate kiss, both of them pulled away from each other. Jin rested his forehead on her and spoke.

 

“I love you so much not just one day, week, month or year. I love you forever until my last breathe.”

 

“I love you too Jin.” And they kissed over and over again.

 

THE END

 

 



First of all, I want to thank all of you guys who continually supported this fanfic until the end. Thank you for your each comment and upvote, to those who subscribe and all. This actually has 15 chapters but it ends up has 12. As you can see, I rushed the story but I hope you guys still like it. Once again, thank you and see you on my future stories.

Argh!! I can't say something more. Thank you soooo much guys!!!!

If you don't mind, please check out my other fanfics. Just click this  BERAGON1821 STORIES.