First day of School

Just One Day

Jeon Jaehee

 

I was in a hurry because it’s almost 8am, only 15 minutes left blame this on my alarm clock. I didn’t realize that it was out of battery so I didn’t wake up on time luckily, I have my little brother who really takes care of me. I ran downstairs and my brother impatiently waiting for me.

 

“Noona, what took you so long?” he immediately asked me while I ran to the kitchen to get some sandwich to munch while going to school. Today was his first day in my school since I’m three years older than him so he was excited to go with me and his friends also enrolled my school.

 

“I’m sorry Jungkook, this won’t happen again okay? Let’s go!” I pulled him along with me and ran out of the house. If you’re wondering about our parents, well they always left early to work so it’s always me and my brother but thanks to Mrs. Lee who always take care of us while our parents are gone. We were running when we heard a honk behind us but I just ignore it because we have to reach the school immediately.

 

“Jae, Kookie get in!” I immediately turn my head on the car; it was my best friend Jin inside their family car. The car stop and I immediately get in with my brother.

 

“Thank you Jin, I overslept because my alarm clock runs out of battery.” I thanked him with a smile. He smiled back at me and flicks my forehead.

 

“That’s always your reason every time you woke up late even if the truth is you sleep late writing with your so called book.” I can’t really lie to him; he really knows me that well so I just pout my lips and keep my eyes straight in front. After five minutes, we finally reached the school. All the three of us gets out of the car and walk inside the gate. Jin and I finally in our last year in high school, I’m so excited to see my classmates after a long vacation. We were walking when a group of boys approach us.

 

“Jeon Jungkookie, welcome to Seoul High School!” Min Yoongi greeted my brother, he’s in junior level now along with Namjoon and Hoseok while Jimin and Taehyung on their sophomore level. All of them are friends and called Bangtan Boys including Jin my best friend as their oldest member. I don’t really get it why they called themselves Bangtan Boys, as if they’re made of bulletproofs. Well, they have same dream, to be a famous hip-hop group not just in Korea but internationally.

 

“Why do hyung always called me like that?” Jungkook asked himself loudly that earned a hit from Yoongi while the others laugh. I was laughing along when a girl come to us specifically to Jin. I never saw her here before so I scanned her from head to toe, she was smiling brightly to him and I felt a slight pinch on my heart.

 

“Hi, we meet again.” Again? Did they meet before but when and where? Why Jin didn’t tell me about her? I look at Jin but he didn’t look at me because he was busy talking to the girl.

 

“I’ll go ahead.” I said while all of them are busy talking to each other. I immediately go to the English class but when I was about to enter the room, I bumped into someone.

 

“Oh I’m sorry, are you okay?” The guy worriedly asked me and I nodded. He smiled at me and believe me, his really handsome but not as handsome as my best friend, Jin. For me, he’s the most handsome guy in the world that all of the girls here in our school want a piece of him.

 

“It’s okay, are you also in this class?” I asked him and he nodded. Both of us were entering the room and all the students look at us with wide eyes. I tilted my head in confusion why they look at us like that as if they saw a ghost until one of my classmate spoke.

 

“Who is he Jaehee? And, where’s Jin?” Ahra asked me while pointing at us. I was about to answer when Jin also entered the room with that girl again and all the students made an ‘ah’ sound. Ahra look at me with a lot of question maybe asking who that girl Jin is with but I shrugged it off and went to the vacant seat near the window, my favorite spot of the classroom. I put my bag on the chair beside to reserve it for Jin but he already sat beside that girl. I watched them hoping that Jin will notice me but he was busy talking to her. It looks like he was enjoying his time with her rather with me his best friend.

 

“Excuse me? Can I seat here?” The guy I bumped in earlier. I took a glance at Jin but he was really busy with her.

 

“Yeah sure.” I faked a smile while taking my bag from the seat. We only have 5minutes until class start so I grabbed my bag from the floor and took my notebook and write something in it.

 

Why does it felt this way, seeing my best friend with someone else? He usually sits beside me since we were young but today was different; I think he found a new friend. I feel jealous and I feel alone. I wrote on the back of my notebook until the teacher came in and start the class with introducing ourselves in front of the class but since we already know each other, the one’s who just new to our class introduce.

 

“Hi, my name is Park Yumi. My family owns the Georyeong Pharmaceuticals and I was the only child in the family. Please take care of me.” She bowed her head and all of them clapped their hands. Jin was smiling at her as she comes back to her seat and now it’s time for the guy beside me to introduce him self.

 

“I’m Oh Sehun. Thank you for accepting me here and please take care of me.” Our teacher gasped in shocked when she heard the name of the guy.

 

“Are you the son of CEO Oh of Yesung Industries?” Our teacher asked him and students started to whisper to each other. All of us waited for him to say something but he just nodded his head.

 

“Oh I see. Please take your seat Mr. Oh.” Our teacher smiling brightly at him and I rolled my eyes. Why do they have to treat him special? He’s also a student here so they should have to treat the students fairly. After the guy named Oh Sehun sit back, the class starts with some introduction about the topic for today. The class went on until it was now lunch time, the students hurriedly went out of the class while I’m still packing my stuff to my bag. I look for Jin but he’s already gone, god he didn’t wait for me.

 

“Jae, what happened to you and Jin? Did you guys fight?” Ahra asked me again. She’s my closest girl friend here in school and she knows that Jin and I were best of friends.

 

“No we didn’t. Why do you asked?” I answered as I stood up.

 

“But, why he seems so close to that Yumi girl? Don’t tell me he’s courting her? That’s why he forgot about his best buddy.” She rolled her eyes while making faces while to me it slightly hurt me thinking that he already forgot about me but I don’t want to think about it because I know no matter what happen, he’s still my best friend forever.

 

“I don’t think about that and even if he likes someone, he will tell me first than anyone else in the world.” I answered as we walked out of the room.

 

“Okay, but let me just tell you that anything can happen when that girl is around him. We may not know but who knows she’s seducing him like you know Jin is the most popular and handsome guy in this school and every girls wants a piece of him well except for us.” She said non stop and I can’t help but smile at her, even though I was closer to Jin than her she’s still there for me whenever I need her. We were classmates since freshman year and she’s the loudest and talkative girl in town.

 

“Not anymore, there’s Oh Sehun who’s not just handsome but really rich and he can get anything he wants. I’m afraid to say this but I think he will be Jin’s rival here in school.” I said and walk passed her leaving her calling me over and over again. I didn’t look back and I directly went to the school cafeteria.

 

“Hey! Why did you leave me?” Ahra immediately hit my back while I’m falling in line. I look at her and she’s glaring at me but then, she nudges me pointing somewhere. I follow her gaze and saw Jin with his friends and that girl. They were laughing while talking about something, I feel like I was being left alone when I saw my brother also laughing to whatever the girl was telling them.

 

“I guess we can have quality time with each other starting today.” I simply said and she laughs at me. After getting our foods, we look for a vacant table at it was near their table.

 

“Noona, come sit here.” Jungkook called me but when I saw there’s only one seat left, I shook my head.

 

“No it’s okay have fun.” I smiled at him and sit with the empty table with Ahra.

 

“Why didn’t you sit with them?” She asked me and I rolled my eyes. She was such a pabo.

 

“If I sit there, you’ll be alone eating here. Do you want that?” I said in a matter of fact tone and she giggled.

 

“So sweet of you Jae.” She said while being cute when someone approaches us.

 

“May I join?” Sehun asked us. I looked at Ahra and she’s nodding reluctantly at me.

 

“Sure!” I answered slightly feel awkward because I don’t want anybody to think something bad about me. Sehun bowed while Ahra was moving to give space for him but instead of sitting beside her, he sits beside me which surprised me a bit. I gave Ahra a look but she was pouting at me like a little kid.

 

“Why do all boys like Jaehee?” She asked herself loudly and the two of us turned to look at her.

 

“Maybe because she’s nice.” Sehun answered and I felt embarrassed with his words.

 

“Thank you.” I shyly thanked him and Ahra can’t help but giggle on her seat. I accidentally look at the table beside us and saw my brother making faces while the others were confusedly looking at us. I waved at them and smile but I know there’s something that my brother didn’t like and its Sehun sitting beside me. I turned to look at Jin and he was seriously looking at me like he was thinking of something but then Yumi cling on his arms. I looked back to Sehun and Ahra to continue eating. After we ate, we have to go to our next class, but I wasn’t with Sehun now because he has different class so it’s only Ahra and me while Jin is still with that girl. After hours of class, it’s now time to go home. I was walking with Ahra when we saw them.

 

“Noona!” Jimin comes running to me and hugged me. I chuckled at my dongsaengs behavior. I feel like I have six younger brothers to care of.

 

“Let’s walk home together and eat ice cream!” Jimin asked me while doing puppy eyes and I can’t help but to agree since their aegyo is my weakness.

 

“Can I join you guys?” Yumi asked while holding onto Jin’s arms. Ahra was shaking her head to me but I don’t want Yumi to feel like I don’t like her so I nodded and she squeals at Jin. We were walking when Ahra’s phone rang and based on how she talks, it must be her mom.

 

“I’m sorry but I think I cannot join you just today Mom called that Dad came home so I need to spend time with them until my Dad went back to Singapore. I’m sorry Jaehee, I will call you later. Bye!” She left immediately after she bid goodbye when my phone also rang, I look who’s calling me and saw it was Ahra, I immediately answered it.

 

“Jaehee, do you want to come with me?” I was shocked when I heard her asked me that. I turned to the others before I distance myself and continue to talk to Ahra.

 

“I thought your father went home? What’s the meaning of this?” I suspiciously asked her but she laughed at me.

 

“No he’s not but the one who really called is my Mom she’s just telling me to buy something before I go home. I know you feel uncomfortable with that Yumi girl so I think it’s good to do this. So am I smart? Come on I’m here at the tree on the first block. I’ll be waiting for you and if you can please bring the guy Sehun with you it’ll be fun.” She laughs again while saying the last few words. I want to scold her but I can’t since my brother and the others are just few meters away from so I pretend like it’s nothing but then I saw Sehun walking and he was talking also on the phone, I actually didn’t want to do this but I have no choice I don’t want to be with Yumi it’s not I don’t like but I feel uncomfortable with her.

 

“Sehunnie!! There you are!” I nervously called him and he tilted his head in confusion. I ran into him and hold his hand and I swear my brother’s eyes almost popped out from its socket.

 

“I’m sorry guys, but we have to do something. Take this and enjoy!” I gave the money to my brother for the ice cream while pulling Sehun away from them.

 

“Noona! What are you doing with him? Wait!” Jungkook was shouting at us but I waved my hand and continue running with Sehun. We keep running until we felt tired, I was panting due to the running we did and I didn’t notice that I’m still holding his hand.

 

“I’m sorry.” I immediately let go of his hand.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about earlier. Did we really have to do something?” He asked me and I tightly shot my eyes because of embarrassment.

 

“I’m sorry it’s just I don’t want to go with them so I used you as an excuse. I’m really sorry.” I sincerely apologized and he smiled and from afar I saw Ahra running to us.

 

“Yah! Why are you running so fast uh…….oh I never thought you would really bring Sehun here.” She eyed me but I rolled my eyes.

 

“So where are we going?” I asked her and she smirked at me while looking at Sehun.

 

 


So how's the first chapter? I'm sorry if it's lame or crappy but you know usually the first one is a boring one hehehe ^^v what do you think of Sehun? And Jin why does he acted like that? Who's that Yumi girl to him? Want an answer? So please stay tuned to know more!!!!

 

Don't forget to subscribe, comment and if you don't mind upvote. Thank you ^^v