Bittersweet

Coffee or Me?

After a long, painful time, the kiss Minseok and Luhan shared was like a key that opened and released the well kept sorrow and pain that Minseok had been carrying for the past year. The kiss was a sign that the two had finally reconciled, and from now on, they will relive the relationship they lost in the past. At this moment, Minseok is just filled with happiness.

 

The next day, Luhan did visit him again, and they spent their precious time together indoors watching television, talking about things, eating, and basically being together. His heart was simply screaming in joy at the many precious moments he shared with his lover. He was able to do the things he missed doing with Luhan. Minseok simply cherished every second with Luhan.

To add to that happiness, in three more days, Minseok will be graduating from the academy and will probably set out on a good job soon.


 

Minseok had never been happy.




 

But the laws of the world tell us that all things come to an end.

 

 

 

Some time after Luhan left Minseok’s apartment, someone knocked on the door.

Minseok rushed, thinking it was probably Luhan who had forgotten something, or maybe had wanted to come back and stay the night. But when Minseok gleefully opened the door, a tall man, dashingly wearing a black overcoat, appeared on his doorsteps.

Despite looking foreign, the man fluently introduced himself in Korean saying his name was Wu Yi Fan. The man further added that he would like to speak privately with Minseok. His face was dead on serious which made Minseok suddenly uneasy and frightened at the situation. Nonetheless, he had no choice but to let the stranger in, and talk about what seems to be very serious and important.

Minseok offered to take his overcoat but the man refused to give it, and thus wore it inside, despite the warm temperature. Minseok didn’t mind and quickly offered him to sit on the couch which was unpleasantly arranged due to Minseok and Luhan playing around a while ago.

 

“Uhh… D-Do you want coffee?” Minseok’s voice trembled as he offered.

 

“No, I’m good” the man nonchalantly says, “I won’t be long.”

 

Minseok nodded and immediately sat down across the man. He then cleared his throat and asked, “Uhm… Sir, what are we supposed to talk about?”

 

Suddenly, as if a light bulb suddenly flickered and lit, Minseok realized who the man was.

 

“Oh my god! Sir, I’m so sorry I didn’t realize sooner!” he said as he stood up and did a 90 degree bow to the man while expressing an apologetic look.

 

Minseok’s action was responded with a tilted head and quizzical look from the man.

 

Minseok straightened his posture and reached out his hand while saying, “I’m very pleased to meet you! You must be the owner of the coffee shop my instructor told me!”

 

But Minseok’s hand was left hanging in midair when the man did not respond to the handshake, and instead only looked at him with a raised eyebrow seeming to say he is not the person he speaks of. With this, Minseok quickly withdrew his hand and sat down trying to compose himself of the huge, and stupid mistake he did.

 

When Minseok has finally kept his cool, he looked at the man, and nodded to say that he's ready for the talk.

 

The man cleared his throat, and said, “This is about Luhan.”

 

The mention of Luhan’s name struck Minseok cold. What could have happened? Minseok thought, yet he couldn’t think of any possible answer.

 

He continued, “Please. Stay away from him.”

 

What? Minseok thought, his face showing off his confusion. “Why? What happened?”

 

The man only sighed heavily and said, “It seems that you don’t know... It’s better if you don’t.”

 

Now Minseok is just deeply confused and curious of the situation. What did Luhan do?

 

The man then stands up and walks towards the door. Minseok, who realized this moments before the man could exit the door, ran and grabbed him by the hand. He looked at his eyes questioningly and somehow begging him to tell him what’s going on. But the man only pulled his hand away while shooting an icy look on Minseok, as if threatening him. The man swiftly turned and calmly walked out of the apartment while leaving the door open, and leaving a confused and worried Minseok inside.


 

After that, Minseok kept calling Luhan on his phone, yet Luhan doesn’t answer. He already left a bunch of messages, and voice calls, asking where he is, who he’s with, what he’s doing, and a bunch of other messages that would make Luhan reply back, but a response has yet to be received. He has become really worried of Luhan that he’s now changing his clothes to go out and look for him. But, the problem is, Minseok doesn’t know where to look for him. He doesn’t even know where he’s staying.

 

Suddenly, Minseok randomly thought, What if that man was Luhan’s lover?

 

He tried to dismiss that thought, though the idea had already brought tears in his eyes. Why else could he have told me to stay away from him? He probably even took his phone so Luhan won’t contact me anymore, Minseok thought. But the possibility that Luhan had another lover hurt more than making him stay away from him. For now, this was the only possible explanation Minseok could think of in this situation.

 

Still, he heads out in search for Luhan while brushing off the tears in his eyes.


 

It’s currently 10:33 PM when Minseok looked at his phone to check if Luhan had contacted him. As it was before, no response from Luhan. No communication at all. And Minseok has been aimlessly walking for two hours in search for someone he doesn’t know where to be found. Minseok doesn’t know which hurt more: his cold, aching feet, or his cold, aching heart. He doesn’t even know why he’s out in the cold looking for someone who might just be fooling around with him. Why does this suddenly happen when he finally forgave Luhan and has finally reunited with him? Why does he still love him despite the situation? These were just some of the thoughts that went through Minseok’s mind, as he still kept walking in search of Luhan.

 

11:14 PM. Minseok finally decides to head back home. The weather is unbearably cold, and his feet are painfully aching from walking. He doesn’t think he could stand any longer. He’s physically, and emotionally drained.

 

Somehow, he’s thankful that he’s tired, because if he were in good shape, he might not have returned home.


 

He quickly warms himself, and rests his feet upon arriving home before midnight. He closes his eyes, and breathes heavily as he tries to reflect on the reckless action he did to himself. He never imagined that he would go through such lengths of looking for someone on foot out in the cold, without even knowing where to find them. This must be the most stupid, and reckless decision Minseok did, he thought. And he hopes this would be the last.

 

He opens his eyes, and for one last time, he reaches for his phone.

 

The screen lit up and Minseok entered his password.

 

One message received. It read.



 

 

 

Luhan

I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to answer your calls or messages. My phone was dead and I met an old friend who invited me to drink, so I didn’t get home soon and charge my phone. Don’t worry, I didn’t get drunk. I got home safely. I must have worried you so much. I’m really sorry :( I love you Minseok. <3

 



 

 

It was probably Minseok’s extreme fatigue that made him not in the mood to reply.

 

Or it could also be the fact that he may have had enough of Luhan.

 


A/N: So I think most, if not all, of you are extremely confused, and/or pissed at Luhan. I understand. For now, I ask you to wait for the next chapters! :)
Next chapter on Thursday! :)
Again, thank you for those who always look forward for this story! Thank you very much! :)
 
\(^O^)/