Cold

Coffee or Me?

The two have entered the coffee shop which looked more like a living room with several mini sofa and cute round tables. The place was noticeably small, but the customers have space to privately talk with each other. Another noticeable thing about the shop is its fireplace which adds warmth to the atmosphere of the shop. Luhan was right, the place is cozy. Minseok felt comfortable.

“Uhm. Do you want hot or cold coffee?” Luhan asked to break the awkwardness.

The two did not talk while walking to the coffee shop. Minseok avoided looking at Luhan, simply because he was not prepared to suddenly see him, and that made him nervous and shy.

Minseok slowly looks at Luhan to answer, “Cold.”

Luhan smiled and nodded, but he quit smiling after seeing Minseok’s disinterested expression. Luhan then turned to the waitress to order two iced coffee.

“Uhm. I ordered iced coffee since that’s what you usually like, if you want cold coffee. Did you want to order something else?” Luhan asked.

Minseok shook his head and turned his attention to the room. He was sitting comfortably yet looking away from Luhan. He can feel him stare at him.

Minseok took a glimpse of Luhan who had this apologetic look, which made Minseok uneasy, and a bit guilty for not talking or reacting to Luhan.

Luhan clears his throat and smiles again.

“So, do you like this place? I’ve only been here twice, but the place is really comfortable. It makes you want to come back often. I thought, maybe, you would like this place.”

“I like it.” Minseok nods and smiles.

 

Luhan smiles even more.

 

Now, Minseok cleared his throat, “What did you want to talk about?”

 

With this question, Luhan’s face turned serious.

“I...” Luhan started, but failed to utter the words he wants to say.

He clears his throat.

“First, let me tell you what happened to me.” Luhan said.

“Okay. What happened to you? Where did you go?”

“After leaving you... I didn’t know where to go. I… I was so lost. I stayed in a motel for two weeks, then I thought of going back to China. So I went back to China... I went back to my family.”

When Minseok heard this, he realized how Luhan must have been desperate and lonely. Going back to China was the last thing Luhan would do.  

Suddenly their iced coffees came.

Luhan took a deep breath and took a sip from the drink.

“Please continue.” Minseok said.

“They asked me why I suddenly came home. And, I told them about what happened to us. After that they just wanted me to stay. I worked for my dad for some time. Then I got bored. Then I just… played around, until I got bored again. But… you know what… even though I got the things I wanted, I still felt incomplete. I knew I was missing something. I realized… I was missing you… so much. Minseok… I realized how dear you are to me. I miss you so much.”

Luhan’s words only made Minseok look away. Minseok felt so conflicted inside.

Think rationally! Think! Don’t be easily persuaded! He hurt you before and he will hurt you again! His mind says.

He still loves me? What do I do? Do I tell him I still love him? I’m so happy that he still loves me! His heart says.

Minseok needed to only follow one, but he couldn’t choose.

“I know. You’re confused right now. I’m sorry if I suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I must have caused you trouble. I’m sorry. But I want you to know that you were the only one in my mind for the past whole year. You, and you alone!”

Minseok felt more conflicted and he appeared dazed. He was clearly shocked of Luhan’s confession. He can’t handle the situation that he needs to carefully think about this in order to make the right decision.

 

Minseok took a deep breath.

 

“Luhan… I’m glad that you still think of me. I thought everything was over when you left me. If only you knew how devastated I was when you left. I felt like I couldn’t live anymore. I don’t know if I’m glad to see you again, but I’m thankful that you’re well. I honestly don’t know how to react to this. So please, I just need some time to think things over.”

“Of course. Sorry, again.”

“No need to be sorry. I’m kind of actually thankful you left me. I probably wouldn’t have been able to study coffee making. So, thank you.”

With this, Luhan looked ashamed, and a bit hurt, while Minseok looked satisfied because he said what he wanted to say.

“I’ll be going now. Thank you for showing me this place.” Minseok stood up and placed money on the table as payment.

 

As he was about to turn towards the door, Luhan called him.

 

“When can we meet again?”

 

“Uhm. I don’t know.”

 

“Oh. That’s okay. I’ll just drop by some time... You still live there right?”

 

“Uhm... Yes.”

 

“Okay. See you then!” Luhan smiled brightly and waved.

 

Minseok smiled and waved back, and left.


He may had been a bit too cold with Luhan, but he felt something was off with him.

 

 


A/N: Did you also notice what was wrong with Luhan? Minseok reveals his thoughts on the next chapter! Also, will the two meet again? And will they be together again? Please look forward for the next chapters! Thank you very much for reading! Will update in a week! :)

PS. EXO's COMEBACK TOMORROW!!! HUEHUEHUEHUE!! :'>

\(^o^)/