Sweet (Part 2)

Coffee or Me?

That small noodle shop hidden at a small alleyway was a place the two frequented because despite being cheap, it’s the best noodles they ever had. They’ve been there most of the time that they have already befriended the staff and owner. Because of this, they were considered VIP and were also entitled for a discount which made them pay even cheaper.

The noodle shop was a place full of memory as the two talk about their day after a long day’s work. They would even talk about their plans for the future, such as living in the countryside, and getting a bigger home. Indeed, it was a place close to Minseok and Luhan’s heart.

However, ever since the two started fighting more often, they barely went there anymore. And when Luhan left, Minseok didn’t even think of going back, because he knew, that he would only remember Luhan, and then he would just feel lonelier.

 

Now, after a long time, Minseok, together with Luhan, will enter the shop once again. Minseok wonders if the owner and staff will still recognize them after not seeing them for a year.

 

The door chimes ring as Luhan opens the door. Immediately, the aroma of the shop’s special broth lingered in the air which made the two naturally their lips as they started to crave for the noodles. The two are greeted and are led to their table by a familiar face who seemed to have remembered them.

The place was the same as Luhan and Minseok remembered. It’s small, but clean and cozy. As the two looked around, they see familiar faces, who waved at them in recognition, and new faces who greeted them with a smile.

Suddenly, a man wearing a black chef’s clothing came up to them.

“Minseok! Luhan! It’s been so long! How are you?!”, the tall, chubby, middle-aged man, who was the owner and head chef of the shop, greeted.

The two, who immediately stood up, bowed and hugged the man, were extremely happy to see the owner who they considered as their uncle. He was a very friendly, trustworthy, and humble man who only dreamed of making noodles, and living a simple life. To them, he was like their guide, to be exact, their life inspiration. He’s also one of the people who knows and supports their relationship. They’ve shared memories with him, so he was a part of their lives. He was already like family.

Seeing him again made Minseok a bit teary-eyed despite smiling and feeling glad inside. He simply missed him, as well as the place. But maybe also, he missed the times he spent there with Luhan.

 

“We’re fine!” Luhan cheerfully answered.

“That’s great! How come you didn’t eat here for so long?”

With this question, the two looked at each other, and slowly their big smiles started to fade.

While waiting for an answer, the owner grabbed a chair next to their table and sat in between them.

Finally, Luhan spoke, “I went back to China.”

“Ooh… Why? What happened? Did Minseok come too?”

“No, it’s just me. I went back to see my family.”

“Ooh, I see… Minseok-ah, why didn’t you visit then?”

“Uhm… I think… it’s awkward if I’m not with Luhan.” An excuse Minseok suddenly came up.

“Hahaha! I see! *big sigh* It’s alright! What matters is that you’re here again! And I’m happy that you’re still together! Good for you!”

With these words, the two just smiled awkwardly, as they tried to avoid each others gaze.

 

The owner was such a warm man that you can’t help but feel comfortable around him. His cheerful personality slowly broke the awkwardness between Minseok and Luhan.

Because of the owner, Minseok can now, little by little, look at Luhan straight in the eye. He can also easily and comfortably engage in a conversation with him than earlier. His awkwardness and stiffness started to finally disappear.

Minseok laughed with them, teased them, talked to them, as if nothing has changed, as if everything was the same. For a moment, Minseok found himself in great happiness. A feeling that he had not felt for so long. And this, made him think that he wanted his old life back again.

 

The life he shared with Luhan.

 

He looks at Luhan who was laughing like crazy at the owner’s joke. His face revealed a not so good side of Luhan, yet his handsome face was still recognizable.

taken at tumblr. photo uploaded by babyfacepowa

 

Minseok chuckled at Luhan’s face, and when Luhan noticed that Minseok’s laughing at him, he made a “you’re dead” face at Minseok.

 

taken from allkpop. uploaded by squisyhae

Instead of being offended, the former only laughed harder, together with the owner. Luhan’s expression was just too funny to be taken seriously.

 

“HAHAHA… You guys really get along well. Haha! Tell me again what made you like each other?”

With this, Minseok and Luhan’s laughter slowly decreased to chuckles to smiles. For Minseok, his action was not due to the awkwardness of their current relationship (in fact, he already got comfortable with Luhan’s presence minutes ago), rather it was due to the blood rushing to face as he feels shy of the question. But for Luhan, his smile was a sign that he seemed to know the answer to the question.

Luhan then looks at the owner who was eager to hear an answer.

“The fact that he accepts me for who I am” Luhan answered, “and that until now, despite everything, he still loves me.” Luhan bowed his head and whispered “I think” to himself, but it was audible enough for Minseok to hear despite it being overpowered by the owner’s response.

Minseok, whose eyes have enlarged with Luhan’s answer, slowly forms a smile as he briefly looks at Luhan, then to the owner who smiled at a teasing way at Minseok. He then rested his head on his hand, still keeping his now beaming smile, and sighed. But that sigh felt like he was surrendering to finally forgiving Luhan.


 

The night continued with more laughter, and some reminiscing mostly initiated by the owner.

The memories that the owner mentioned, surprisingly didn’t bring hurt, pain, sadness, or awkwardness to Minseok. Instead, he viewed the memories as if he wanted to remember them, as if he was happy for remembering those small precious moments he spent together with the owner and Luhan.

 

Time passed by, and the night turned darker and colder outside. Minseok and Luhan finally bid farewell to their ‘uncle’.

 

The two leave the shop with smiling faces, and lighter hearts.

 

Even while walking, the two continued to laugh, and fool around.

 

“He really hasn’t changed. Haha! I find him funnier now though.” Luhan told Minseok.

“Haha! Yeah! I noticed that too!”

“We should visit him again some time.”

“Yeah.” Minseok smiled at Luhan.

 

It was less brighter when the two walked along the street. It was late at night and most of the shops had closed leaving only the streetlights to guide their path. Minseok and Luhan, who has gotten closer, physically, and emotionally, continued to walk towards the street of Minseok’s apartment.

 

They’ve stopped joking around, and instead, they enjoyed the company of each other in silence.

 

Once in a while, Minseok would glance at Luhan, who would look back and give a smile that seemed to say, “It’s okay. I’m right here.” With this, Minseok felt safe, and satisfied.



 

As they are about to reach Minseok’s apartment, Luhan stopped walking. Minseok quickly noticed and turned around with a questioning face.

“Aren’t you going in?” Minseok asked.

For a moment, Luhan was surprised by his question, and then smiled at the idea. However, Luhan bowed and shook his head saying, “No. I’m staying in a small inn.” He lifts his head smiling while saying, “If I don’t check in, they might think I ran away, and they might give up my room. Something like that.”

“Who does that?” said Minseok, his face expressing disbelief.

“Apparently, the inn I’m staying at.” Luhan shrugged. “Do you really want me to stay that badly?” Luhan smiled.

 

Minseok was a bit caught off guard with the question. As a result, his cheeks turned pink, and he started to smile.

 

At the same time, Luhan walked closer to Minseok while still keeping his sweet smile.

 

Luhan then held Minseok’s face and drew it closer to his.

 

Luhan now stares intently into Minseok’s eyes, which are blinking in disbelief.

 

“I’ll come back again tomorrow.” Luhan whispered as he smiled.

 

“You will?” the blushing Minseok replied.

 

“I will… I promise.” Luhan said as his gaze still set on Minseok.

 

And before another moment passes, Luhan whispers another thing to Minseok,



 

I love you.



 

Gently, their lips touch.

 

 


A/N: Hello! :) I'm not sure if the previous chapter and this chapter was sweet as the title suggests, but I hope it suited your taste! :)

Thank you for reading this fic! And thank you for your comments! I appreciate the feedback! :)

Will update soon! Take care! :)

 

\(^O^)/