Sweet (Part 1)

Coffee or Me?

Luhan’s hand ran through the sofa, as if he were caressing it. His face looked as if he met an old friend again.

He sat down and smiled at Minseok, who was standing awkwardly across him.

“I missed this place.” Luhan said as he turned his head around the room.

“Ah, really.” Minseok answered as he sat down near him. He doesn’t actually know how to feel about that.

“Yes… I see that nothing has changed. It’s as if I was here yesterday.”

 

The two awkwardly looked at each other.

 

Minseok felt stiff, and shy. He didn’t know what to do at the presence of Luhan. Luhan was gone for so long that he isn’t used to him being there anymore.

 

“Uhm. I’ll go make coffee.” Minseok offered.

“Ah, let me help you!” Luhan said while standing up.

Luhan followed Minseok to the kitchen, while he continued to admired the place.

Minseok quietly makes coffee for Luhan. Meanwhile, Luhan ended up looking around the kitchen.

Suddenly, Luhan giggled.

Minseok heard him, and out of curiosity, he turned his head towards Luhan.

He sees him standing by the fridge, his hand covering his smiling mouth. Minseok sees Luhan touch the paper on the fridge.

Luhan’s head turns to Minseok and says while smiling, “You still kept my notes?”

 

“Uhm. Yeah.”

 

When they were still living together, the two would leave post-it notes for each other and post it on the fridge. Luhan was the one who started it, and Minseok caught on. There was a time they played around with it and communicated purely on notes. The result was a “note fridge” or a fridge covered with notes. After cleaning up the notes on the fridge, they agreed that they would only post up to three notes a day and clear it up later.

The day Luhan left Minseok, Luhan didn’t put any note on the fridge. The last note he put was three days before he left.

 

It read: We will always be together. I promise. <3

 

That was the promise that Luhan broke. And that was the note Luhan saw.

 

“Thank you for keeping them.”

Minseok only smirked and said, “Here’s your coffee.”

“Thanks.”

 

Luhan took a sip at the coffee and nodded at the delightful taste.

“Wow, you’re coffee’s great! I guess you really learned a lot in that academy.”

“Thanks… By the way, how did you know I study there?”

“I asked around... I’m really happy that you’re pursuing what you want Minseok.”

“Thank you.”

 

Minseok sipped his coffee while Luhan just looked around. Minseok didn’t know what to say. The two were silent, and the atmosphere is just awkward.

Suddenly, Luhan’s head went under the table while saying, “Ah! What’s this?”



 

*THUG*



 

“Luhan what did you do?!?” Minseok exclaimed while he stood up.

Luhan’s head hit the table when he was about to stand up after picking up something.

 

“Aah... My head...” Luhan said while his face was contorted in pain, and his hand rubbing the affected area.

 

Immediately, Minseok checked Luhan’s head while softly petting his head as if to comfort him.

“Where does it hurt?” Minseok asked with a tone of concern in his voice. His face also gave a very worried look.

“Ah... No... It doesn’t hurt that much. I’m okay.”

“Are you sure? I’ll get ice.”

“No, no! I’m okay, really! Let’s just drink our coffee.” Luhan smiled.

 

Minseok sighed and sat down. However upon sitting down, he realized he was caught off guard. He instinctively went near Luhan to check on him and he felt really concerned too. Did Luhan do it on purpose so that he could get his attention? But Minseok dismissed that thought and only thought that Luhan was just careless.  

 

“Minseok… Do you want to go shopping?”

Minseok was surprised. That was a random thing to ask. Or maybe it was just Minseok.

“Uhm… Right now?”

“Yeah. Why not?” Luhan smiled.

 

Minseok thought this was a sudden thing to do with Luhan, but in the end he agreed.

Besides, Minseok felt like shopping.

 

Or maybe he just felt like being with Luhan.


 

The night is filled with bright streetlights and colorful shop signs that illuminate the streets. The city is bustling with vehicles and people, yet it looked simply calm and lovely under the night sky.

Minseok and Luhan walk among the crowd of people who are also enjoying their time looking at the shops, while others walk in a fast pace seemingly wanting to go home.

The two enjoy the view, as well as the clothes they see in the shops.

Every now and then, the two would stop in front of a store to look at the clothes displayed in the shop window. The two would admire the clothes, smiling, thinking that this would suit them, or maybe this would suit the other better. They would then look at each other’s smiling eyes, as if they were communicating through it. And they would smile brighter as if they understood what the other meant.

They didn’t talk. They just pointed at something, looked at it, then looked at each other, and smiled. Their bodies were the one doing the talking.

This little thing gradually made Minseok comfortable with Luhan. Minseok was no longer stiff. He  started to show that unique smile of his.

He started to enjoy his time with Luhan.

 

After walking for a while, they came across a shoe shop.

Luhan immediately entered, and Minseok followed.

Luhan went near a black and blue high cut rubber shoes. He grabs it, and admires it.

 

“Minseok, look! This would suit you! Try it on!” Luhan said as Minseok walked closer.

Luhan knew what type of shoes Minseok wants. In fact, Luhan knew everything Minseok likes. They knew each other too well.

Minseok obviously wants the shoe, so instead of inspecting the shoe, he looked at the price tag.

“Whoa! No. This is too expensive! No, Luhan.”

“I’ll buy it for you so don’t worry. I’ll even buy the same shoes with a different color to match yours.”

Minseok insisted on letting go of the shoes, but Luhan was difficult to deal with.

“Here, try it on.”

Minseok sat down to put on the shoes, but at the same time, Luhan knelt down and put the shoes on Minseok. He suddenly felt awkward and wondered what the others might think if they see Luhan putting his shoes on for him. But he also couldn’t help but think of how it feels good to be by Luhan’s side again. Despite being reserved with his emotions most of the time, he really feels like smiling deep inside.

“There it fits you perfectly!” Luhan said as he lifted his head and flashed that charming smile of his.

 

In the end, the two came out of the store both holding a shopping bag.

Minseok felt really grateful for Luhan, and he also felt like he owed him a lot. Minseok tried to think of something so he could make it up to Luhan.

 

“Uhm… Luhan, have you eaten dinner yet?”

 

“Not yet, have you?”

 

“Neither… Let’s have dinner. My treat… since you bought me shoes.”

 

Minseok didn’t hear any response, so he looked up and saw Luhan giving a sweet smile. That probably means it’s a yes.


“Let’s eat at the noodle shop we always ate. I miss that place so much.” Luhan said.

 

 


A/N: Good news: the next chapter will be posted on Thursday! Yey! :D 
Also, I'm already writing the second to the last chapter, so I might update this twice a week (Monday and Thursday). The story may be complete after two weeks.
For those who always read this fanfic, THANK YOU! And for those who keep on commenting THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I'm just happy to share this story to everyone! You motivate me to write more! Thank you! Thank you! :))

I hope you liked this chapter, please look forward to the next one this Thursday!

Again, thank you for reading!


\(^O^)/