A SHINee Birthday Party

Secret Bride

Sang Dae POV:

“Where are we going?” I asked again.

“It’s a surprise,” said Jong Hyun parking the car. “Now, I’m going to go inside. Follow me after a minute and ask at the desk for Kim Jong Hyun’s reservation. Okay?”

“Okay?”

“Just trust me,” said Jong Hyun opening his car door and getting out.

I waited about two minutes while wondering if I should go or not. I finally opened the car door and walked into the building. Immediately I realized just how fancy this place was. I walked up to the front desk and asked for Jong Hyun’s reservation.

The man behind the desk looked at me suspiciously before asking for my name. Then another man guided me to an elevator which took us up a few floors before taking me through corridors and finally to my destination. I felt better seeing Jong Hyun leaning by a door and my guide must have thought so too because he left.

“That wasn’t so bad,” I said looking around. “What is this place?”

“Shh,” said Jong Hyun. “Close your eyes.”

“Why?” I asked feeling confused and a little scared.

“Just trust me,” said Jong Hyun. I sighed before closing my eyes. “Now, I’m going to hold your hand so you don’t trip.”

Jong Hyun’s hand closed around my left hand and I tried not to show how I was nervous just from that single motion. I heard him opening the door. I held tightly onto Jong Hyun’s hand and shut my eyes tighter trying not to peak.

“Don’t peek,” said Jong Hyun as if he heard my thoughts. I heard the door close behind me.

“Can I open them?”

“Not yet,” whispered Jong Hyun.

“Surprise!” Exclaimed a group of voices.

 I opened my eyes as the lights . Right away I saw Tae Min smiling. My eyes grew wide and I looked around worried. I saw Key and Onew too but I didn’t see Min Ho. I tried not to sigh in relief.

“Yah, who is this?” Asked Key immediately.

“What is this?” I asked turning around to question Jong Hyun.

“My birthday party,” said Jong Hyun putting his hands in his pocket and giving me a soft smile. Birthday party? It was his birthday and I felt like an idiot for not knowing. I should at least have known his birthday, right?

 “Yah,” said Onew. “Aren’t you going to introduce us?”

“Right,” said Jong Hyun turning me around. “This is Na Sang Dae. She’s my student.”

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Na Sang Dae,” I said bowing.

“Student?” Asked Onew.

“Did you know, she actually didn’t know anything about Kpop except,” said Jong Hyun smiling smugly. “My voice?”

“Is this why you were acting so strange lately Hyung?” Asked Tae Min. “You know the notes and the videos of the idol variety shows?”

“I’m sure I’ve seen you somewhere before,” said Key walking up to me before suddenly getting close as if to inspect me. I leaned away. “Are you some sort of stalker? Sasaeng fan? Where have I heard this satoori from?”

“I told her to come to our fan signing event. That’s where you saw her,” said Jong Hyun smiling before pulling Key away. “Stop scaring her.”

“That’s right!” Exclaimed Tae Min. “You’re that girl whose grandfather likes Min Ho. Aren’t you?”

“Yes,” I said nodding shyly.

“Wait,” said Onew coming closer. “So you were that girl?”

I suddenly felt very cornered as the three SHINee members stared at me.

“Yah,” said Jong Hyun taking my hand and pulling me to a seat to sit down. “This is my favorite student. Don’t scare her. You’ll make all my classes ineffective.”

“Sorry,” said Tae Min coming and sitting down next to me. “Did I scare you?”

“A little,” I said shyly.

“She’s not used to being around too many people,” said Jong Hyun. “She moved here a week ago from the country side.”

“My name is Tae Min,” said Tae Min holding out his hand. I shook it slowly.

“I’m Key,” said Key sitting down across from me.

“And I’m Onew,” said Onew smiling at me.

“You’re the player stork,” I accidently blurted out. Key and Tae Min burst into laughter. Onew looked very surprised.

“Yah,” he said turning to Jong Hyun. “What have you been telling her about me?”

“I bet you he didn’t say anything about himself,” said Key smiling slyly. “Na Sang Dae, do you want to hear a funny story?”

I nodded.

“There was this one time, I wasn’t there but, when we were filming this show ‘Hello Baby’-“ started Key

“No!” Exclaimed Jong Hyun. “Don’t listen to him Sang Dae!”

“That’s right!” Exclaimed Tae Min speaking up when Jong Hyun tried to cover up Key’s mouth. “He made this explosive dumpling and hid it in the New Year’s soup!”

“And then ate it himself,” finished Onew when Jong Hyun went after Tae Min.

I couldn’t help but laugh. He had such bad luck.

“It’s not that funny,” said Jong Hyun sulking. I smiled.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Jong Hyun POV:

I watched Sang Dae as she got to know the other members. She seemed to get along with them just fine. It seemed as though Tae Min got along with her because they were closer in age, although as usual, he didn’t get too close, he was just like that with girls. Onew got over the stork comment and ended up being his usual dorky self which made her laugh. Key was just Key.

What I was happy about was that there was no trace of the tears that she cried when coming here. I smiled when she turned to me.

“What do you want for your birthday?” Sang Dae asked.

“Um,” I said thinking. “A new car.”

“You just bought a new car,” shouted Key. “Besides, where would a student get money to get you’re a car?”

“Just get him something small,” said Tae Min. Sang Dae nodded.

“With his ego, there isn’t much room for anything else,” said Onew.

“Hyung!” I exclaimed.

“Where is Min Ho?” Asked Key talking out his phone to check the time. “It’s already 11:50.”

“Didn’t he text us saying he’d get here by 11:30 because his filming went late?” I asked checking my own watch.

“He’ll get here soon,” said Tae Min.

“If he doesn’t get here by twelve we’ll just eat the cake by ourselves,” said Onew happily.

“Sorry guys,” said Min Ho opening the door. “I ran a little late.”

I looked at Sang Dae who suddenly seemed a little frightened and turned away from the door. I frowned.

“It’s okay,” said Tae Min seeing the motion before getting up to go get Min Ho. “Hyung. There’s someone you should meet.”

“Who?” Asked Min Ho excitedly before spotting Sang Dae. “Who is that?”

“This is my student,” I said speaking up. “She just transferred to our university. Her name’s Na Sang Dae.”

Sang Dae slowly turned to face Min Ho. Min Ho froze.

“Hello, I’m Na Sang Dae,” she said quietly.

“You recognize her too don’t you,” said Tae Min happily. “She’s the girl who came to our fan signing and said that her grandfather liked you right? She came because Jong Hyun asked her to come.”

“Don’t be all awkward because of that one time,” said Onew getting up and walking over to Min Ho before walking him over to us. “Say hello.”

“I’m Min Ho,” said Min Ho almost emotionlessly after a long pause. He then slowly sat down across from me.

“Aish. This atmosphere is too serious,” said Key fanning himself. “Sang Dae should I tell you another funny story? Once we were on this show. Onew Hyung and Tae Min played this game called ‘Say Yes.’”

“No not that story,” said Onew stuffing lettuce into Key’s mouth.

“How about Key shows Sang Dae some of the girl dances he knows,” I said.

“Which one,” said Key getting up from his seat still trying to finish the food in his mouth. “I’m really good at them.”

“Do Genie. She knows that one,” I said taking out my phone and starting the song.

“Maybe I should too,” said Tae Min getting up and joining Key.

Sang Dae stared at them shocked as the chorus came up and both Key and Tae Min started dancing. Of course Key added his own flair and Tae Min added his own charm. Sang Dae didn’t even blink as she continued to stare, shocked.

The song ended and then suddenly Tae Min and Key turned around and started singing. Min Ho took out the cake and lit the candles.

“Happy Birthday to you,” started Key and Tae Min.

“Happy Birthday to you,” continued Min Ho and Onew. Then all four of them looked at Sang Dae.

“Happy Birthday dear Jong Hyun,” sang Sang Dae looking a little confused.

“Happy Birthday to you,” they all sang together, finishing the song. I blew out the candles as Tae Min took a picture.

“I bought the cake,” said Key taking all the credit.

“What are you talking about?” Asked Min Ho. “We all bought the cake together.”

“I choose it,” said Key.

“You wish, Hyung,” said Tae Min.

“Stop talking. Just cut the cake,” said Onew holding out a plate.

“Wait,” said Min Ho taking out his camera. “We need to take a picture of the cake.”

“I’m just going to eat,” said Onew grabbing the knife.

“Hyung!” Exclaimed Tae Min. “That’s Jong Hyun’s job!”

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

I cursed Sang Dae. I felt like a stalker. I ducked behind the steering wheel when Jong Hyun walked to the passenger side and opened the door for Sang Dae. Of course Jong Hyun had to drop Sang Dae off at home. He was supposed to be the only one she knew and it was too late for her to go on her own, it was past 1 in the morning.

“Thank you for coming,” said Jong Hyun smiling when Sang Dae got out of the car.

“It was fun,” said Sang Dae smiling back.

“If you feel sad or just need someone to talk to,” started Jong Hyun. “Or just need someone to provide tissues.”

Sang Dae nodded.

Tissues? What tissues?

“Goodnight,” said Jong Hyun ruffling Sang Dae’s hair before getting back in his car.

I got out of my car and walked up to Sang Dae. She continued to wave until he was out of sight.

“Nice teacher,” I said folding my arms. Sang Dae yelped and turned around.

“You scared me,” she said putting her hand on her chest and breathing out slowly.

“You were right when you said that I wouldn’t be able to guess who you teacher was.”

“I told you,” said Sang Dae walking away.

“Where are you going?” I asked grabbing her arm.

“What?” Asked Sang Dae turning to glare at me.

“You owe me an explanation.”

“For?”

“How did this happen?” I asked motioning to the direction that Jong Hyun’s car had left.

“He was the senior who had to initiate me at school. Imagine my surprise when I found out that he was the Kim Jong Hyun of SHINee.”

“And then?”

“And then I recognized him because of his voice and he decided to become my Kpop teacher. End of story.”

“Do you like him?”

“Of course I do. He was the only reason I listened to SHINee songs before I came to Seoul.”

“What about me? You listened to our songs only for him?”

“Mm,” said Sang Dae nodding. “I liked his voice.”

 “So what happens now?” I asked searching her face for answers.

“It doesn’t matter. You don’t need to know.”

“Why not?”

“Because you signed a contract. Term three,” said Sang Dae taking out a picture of the contract on her phone and almost shoving it in my face. “Neither party involved may interfere with the other’s romantic relationship outside of the marriage.”

I slowly let go of Sang Dae. Aish this petty girl. Even carrying around the contract on her phone. I was going to die. I was definitely in chains at the moment.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go sleep because I do have school tomorrow and I have to think of a birthday present for Jong Hyun. Now go before someone recognizes our SHINee Kpop star,” said Sang Dae pinching my cheek slightly before heading into the apartment building.

I got back into my car but I continued to sit there. I counted the floors and found Sang Dae apartment. The lights in the windows . They didn’t turn off. Worried I took out my phone.

To Deaf Girl:

What are you doing?

From Deaf Girl:

Baking a cake.

To Deaf Girl:

For Jong Hyun?

From Deaf Girl:

It’s all I have that I can give to him.

To Deaf Girl:

Make me something.

From Deaf Girl:

Why?

To Deaf Girl:

You said I’d benefit from the oven too.

From Deaf Girl:

What are you going to pay with?

To Deaf Girl:

Why does he get it for free?

From Deaf Girl:

It’s his birthday. Oh! Make sure he gets seaweed soup.

To Deaf Girl:

I’ll buy you a present. Just make me something.

 

-------------------------------------------

My darling subscribers and readers! I hope you like this chapter even though... isn't very exciting... Sorry.... BUT I promise that it will get better! At least... I think the next chapter will be exciting... ANYWAYS! Thanking you for subscribing and reading my little story! If you are a new reader please subscribe or if you don't feel like it... just comment. Hopefully the next chapter should be up this Saturday!

As for the Genie dance by Key and Tae Min you can visit here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxkABSjaGQI&feature=kp .... well... it's not just them but still! Oh, and I forgot to put this at the end of the last chapter. I have never been to a fan signing so the scene was just based on videos I've seen and my imagination. :)

Goodnight 여러분!