Moving to Seoul

Secret Bride

Sang Dae POV:

“You bought the apartment. You find it,” I said irritated.

“You’re living in it. What do I care if you end up living on the streets?” Asked Min Ho.

“Because then I’ll reveal everything and you’ll be accused of being a mistreating husband,” I said before sticking my tongue out at him.

“0,3,” mumbled Min Ho before saying more loudly. “Alright. I’ll find it.”

About a half an hour later we found it.

“Alright, go,” said Min Ho unlocking my door.

“By myself?”

“Yes.”

“I have no clue where it is and how am I supposed to carry my stuff there. What if I end up roaming around for hours and hours?” I asked turning to him. “You’ll just have to come back. Won’t that mean more work for you?”

Min Ho sighed loudly. He reached over, opened the glove box and took out a mask and hat.

“What’s that?” I asked.

“What do you think?” Asked Min Ho putting on the hat and mask. “You forget I have a reputation to protect. I can’t be seen going around here with you. And even if I could, I wouldn’t want to.”

“Good because I wouldn’t want to be seen with you either,” I said smiling at him before opening the car door and getting out.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

I walked into the dorm, my suitcase rolling in behind me. I spotted Tae Min and Jong Hyun sprawled in the living room watching TV.

“You’re back,” said Jong Hyun acknowledging me.

“Hyung,” said Tae Min more excitedly. “How was the funeral?”

I almost choked. I had forgotten that my group members thought I had gone for a funeral. What else was I supposed to say? Tae Min suddenly started going through the stuff in my room saying that he had left his earphones there when he had been using my laptop.

When he found the suit hidden under the blankets, of course he asked about it. The first thing that came to mind was a funeral. What else uses suits aside from weddings and funerals?

“It was okay,” I said trying to be casual as Onew waltzed out of our room an empty box of fried chicken in his hand.

“Min Ho,” said Onew brightly and apparently very happy from his fried chicken. “You’re back from the funeral?”

“Yes, Hyung.”

“Good,” said Onew dancing back into the room room before sticking his head back out. “By the way, Krystal has been calling endlessly because she couldn’t get a hold of you. Call her back before Jong Hyun throws all our phones away.”

Suddenly Tae Min’s phone started ringing. Jong Hyun looked at it like he was going to dissect it into little pieces before throwing it into the Han River.

“Hyung,” said Tae Min throwing his phone at me. I took it and saw that it was an outside number.

“It’s an unknown number,” I said looking confused.

“She’s in New Zealand,” said Onew poking his head out for the second time.

“We’ve all memorized the number,” said Tae Min.

“Just pick up the phone!” Shouted Jong Hyun throwing a cushion in my direction.

I left my luggage and ran into the bathroom. I picked up the call.

“Hello?”

“Tae Min,” said Krystal loudly. “Where is Min Ho? What kind of member are you? Not answering? Hello? Hello?”

“It’s Min Ho,” I said finally.

“Oppa!” Exclaimed Krystal completely changing her tone. “Do you know how worried I was? Where were you? What were you doing that you couldn’t even answer your phone?”

“I was… at a funeral,” I said almost lamely.

“Really? Oh, I’m so sorry. I thought something bad had happened and the members weren’t allowed to talk about it or something,” said Krystal almost sighing. “Oppa, please tell me when you go somewhere. I got so worried.”

“I’m sorry,” I said. “I’ll try to remember that for next time.”

“Oppa,” said Krystal seriously.

“Mm?”

“Wait for me. I have something to tell you when I get home,” said Krystal before ending the call abruptly.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Sang Dae POV:

“Wait one minute,” said the teacher getting up. “Since you have everything, all you need is someone to show you around school. I’ll go find a senior to help you.”

“Thank you,” I said getting up and bowing as he left. His name was Teacher Park. He would be teaching me English and was most impressed with my grades. If there was one thing I was good at it would be school. That’s probably why the transfer of schools was relatively easy with the help of Grandfather’s influence as well.

“Why Teacher Park?” Asked a voice annoyed.

“You were the only senior who was unable to attend initiation day,” said Teacher Park. “Did you really think that I was going to let that pass?”

“But I have-“

“I know you have no class this period,” said Teacher Park. “Therefore, even more of a logical choice. You’ll show Na Sang Dae around.”

Teacher Park and the student came into view.

“Ah, Sang Dae,” said Teacher Park motioning for me to come. “This is the senior who will show you around. Let me know if he causes any trouble because I know he can’t afford any more.”

With that, Teacher Park left me alone with the complaining student. The student finally turned to look at me.

“Aish,” said the student looking at me. “I suppose you want an autograph.”

I looked at him confused.

“You want a picture with me?” He asked.

“Who are you?” I asked finally.

“Who am I? Aish,” said the student laughing. “You’re trying to be funny aren’t you?”

“No.”

“Do you know SHINee?”

“A little,” I admitted.

“Do you know me?”

“No.”

“I’m SHINee’s Jong Hyun,” said Jong Hyun, his index finger pointing to his face.

“No way.”

“It’s true.”

“You don’t sound like him.”

“You’re going off of what I sound like instead of what I look like?” Asked Jong Hyun confused. “Have you ever been to a SHINee concert?”

“No.”

“Fan signing?”

“No.”

“Bought an album?”

“No.”

“Then how do you know what Jong Hyun sounds like?”

“My grandfather listens to SHINee.”

Jong Hyun looked like he was going to face palm himself any second now. That seemed to be everyone’s reaction when I told them that I didn’t listen to Kpop but my grandfather did. I suppose it was odd but I never did seem to be able to keep up with my generation when it came to things like this. However in school, that was a different story.

“What if I could convince you that I was Jong Hyun?”

“You won’t have to show me around,” I said still not believing a word he said.

“Just wait a minute,” said Jong Hyun turning around for a second before turning back. “When I see myself during these times. I feel that I really am young. Even with you in front of me, I don’t know what to do.”

I stared in awe. It was Kim Jong Hyun. It was his voice singing the lyrics to SHINee’s ‘Hello, Hello.’

“Wah,” I said feeling dazed.

“Now do you believe me?” Asked Jong Hyun smirking.

I nodded quickly. I still couldn’t believe my eyes or my ears. That beautiful voice that I would listen to whenever I was sad belonged to the person in front of me, the voice that could give me strength.

“Good, now what are you going to do?” Asked Jong Hyun.

“Mm?”

“Aren’t you going to ask for an autograph?”

I shook my head slowly to say no.

“Can you sing again?” I asked.

Jong Hyun looked at me surprised.

“There is something wrong with you,” said Jong Hyun shaking his head. “Do you even know what Kpop is?”

“A little.”

“Do you know Super Junior?”

“No.”

“Do you know TVXQ?”

“No.”

“Do you know Girls Generation?”

“No.”

“Come with me,” said Jong Hyun.

“But I thought that if you convinced me that you were Jong Hyun you wouldn’t have to show me around,” I said confused.

“What’s your name?”

“Na Sang Dae.”

“Na Sang Dae,” said Jong Hyun learning my name. I almost melted hearing it from him.

“Mm?” I said trying not to fall over.

“It seems that you are seriously lacking in some areas of your education. It seems that it has fallen upon me to teach you.”

“Me?”

“Where are you from?”

“Me?”

“Your satoori is very cute.”

“Me?” I sqeaked really about to melt.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Jong Hyun POV:

It wasn’t every day that a star like me would decide to educate a fan. This one was rather oblivious, but Sang Dae was cute and really did need to be educated. Who could have lived their entire life in South Korea and not known about Kpop. It was a perfect opportunity for me to promote SHINee and she’d obviously tell her friends. It was good for my image.

Thankfully she was a good student and got everything on the first go. I didn’t even need to repeat myself more than once. Strangely, it was very easy to get along with her. It was almost like talking with someone I had known for a long time. It was that comfortable. Knowing it would be suspicious if I just sat with her, I took her around for a tour at the same time.

“This is the staff cafeteria. No students are allowed in,” I said pointing to the door before turning back to Sang Dae. “What is Onew’s favourite food?”

“Fried Chicken,” said Sang Dae without missing a beat.

“Correct!” I exclaimed clapping my hands before going back to the tour when I spotted the next building. “This building here is the library. It is perfect for research and school work. There is even an area on the second floor meant as a study area for students.”

I turned to look at Sang Dae who looked at the building in awe.

“You like libraries?” I asked guessing.

“I love libraries,” said Sang Dae smiling happily. “I could spend hours and hours in there.”

“Don’t tell me you’re some kind of bookworm,” I said cringing. Sang Dae turned to me dramatically.

“I’m the worst kind of bookworm,” she said opening her bag and dramatically pulling out two books right away, waving them in my face.

“My eyes,” I said pretending to be unable to look at them before turning back to her. “Who is Princess Chullie?”

“Kim Hee Chul of Super Junior,” said Sang Dae calmly putting the books back in her bag. We continued walking.

“That there is a stairwell you should avoid,” I said pointing to the staircase behind the library, which had been originally been a fire exit for the top floors of the library. “All the couples crowd this place during their free periods.”

Sang Dae wrinkled her nose. “Avoid staircase behind the library at all costs.”

“Name the members of Super Junior,” I said turning around again to face her.

“Lee Teuk, Eun Hyuk, Dong Hae, Yesung, Ryeowook, Hee Chul, Kang In, Shindong, Ki Bum, Kyu Hyun, Sung Min, Si Won, Hangeng, Zhoumi and Henry,” said Sang Dae in one breath, counting them on her fingers.

“Correct! Girls Generation.”

“Tae Yeon, Soo Young, Sunny, Hyo Yeon, Yoona, Tiffany, Jessica, Yuri and Seohyun!”

“Correct. What’s the difference between TVXQ and JYJ?”

“They were once one group but now TVXQ consists of Chang Min and Yun Ho. JYJ consists of Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu.”

“Good,” I said clapping again. I was most proud of my new student.

I checked my watch. It was almost the end of the period. For some reason, I felt disappointed. Time had gone faster than I thought it would.

“Sang Dae, it’s almost the end of the period. I have to go back to class,” I said pointing to my watch. Sang Dae checked her own watch.

“Oh, already?”

“I guess that’s enough about SM Entertainment today.”

Sang Dae nodded sadly.

“Can you come to school early day after tomorrow? Maybe around 6:30?” I asked oddly hoping that she would say yes. I wasn't going to be able to come tomorrow, but day after tomorrow, I was free in the morning.

She nodded again, this time smiling.

“Good,” I said starting to walk away. “It’s a date!”

Sang Dae looked at me confused. I stopped realizing what I had just said.

“I mean, not a date, date. Like a set time and place,” I said raising my hands trying to explain myself.

“I understood,” said Sang Dae smiling and waving goodbye to me before turning around and walking away.

I watched her as she took out her school map and tried to figure out where to go next. A puzzled look crossed her face before she realized she was holding the map upside down. I tried not to laugh.

“Wait Sang Dae! I should at least walk you to your class,” I said running back towards her.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Subscribers! Hello! Today is a good day is it not? :D I turned 20 today. Wah! I started my day off with SHINee's 321, I'm obsessed with that song at the current moment. SHINee is my bias group, just incase you hadn't guessed yet. :)

In case anyone was wondering, Satoori is basically dialect. Because Sang Dae is from the country, the way she speaks Korean is different from how someone in Seoul would speak in Korean. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. This is going to be a double update for my Birthday. I hope you have a good day. :)

Please subscribe and comment. I love comments! It could be a birthday present. :D 사랑해 여러분!