Jong Hyun Goes Missing

Secret Bride

Min Ho POV:

Why in the world was the library still open anyways? Shouldn’t it have closed by now? Some of the lights were still on. I opened the door.

“Oh! The library is closing. You can’t come in,” said the library assistant getting up from her chair.

“Oh, really? The lights are still on so I thought it was still open.”

Jong Hyun’s car was still here. He wouldn’t have let Sang Dae go home by herself at this time of the night, would he?

“There are still some stragglers who need to go out but yes it’s closed,” said the girl before pointing at me. “Omo! You’re SHINee’s Min Ho aren’t you?”

“I’m sorry, but I left something really important here. I’ll be back in just a few minutes and then you can close up. I promise,” I said walking away from her.

Where were they? I passed by a dark section before seeing light coming from around the corner. Were they there? I turned the corner and stopped.

What was Jong Hyun Hyung doing? Why was his hand around Sang Dae’s waist? Why in the world were his eyes closing?! Before I could stop, I walked forward, grabbed the back of Sang Dae’s shirt and pulled her towards me.

And just what were you planning on doing?” I asked looking down at her angrily.

“M-min Ho?” Asked Sang Dae looking up at me wide-eyed. “What are you doing here?”

“Yes. What are you doing here?” Asked Jong Hyun looking confused. I ignored him.

“You’re already involved in one scandal. Do you even have a brain?” I asked glaring down at her.

“Wait. What?” Asked Jong Hyun.

“What’s wrong with you Min Ho-ssi?” Asked Sang Dae, formally, glancing at Jong Hyun before glaring back up at me and mouthing to me to leave.

“And I’m supposed to leave you with him?” I asked scoffing. “It’s one thing to have a scandal with me. It’s another thing entirely to have another with Hyung.”

“Wait,” said Jong Hyun looking confused. “You two were in a scandal together?”

“What scandal?” Asked Sang Dae through her teeth.

“I wonder what scandal Sang Dae,” I said sarcastically.

“Yah!” Exclaimed Sang Dae before dropping all formalities. “You’re the one who said to keep quiet! What’s wrong with you all of a sudden? It’s not like you care about anything that happens to me.”

“Are you kidding?” I asked angrily. “Grandfather would most likely send hired assassins to kill me for not looking out for his favorite and most precious granddaughter. Besides, you’re the reason the scandal happened anyways.”

“How was I supposed to know that was going to happen?” Asked Sang Dae, equally angry.

“I knew you were deaf! I’ve been telling you for weeks now,” I said. “Shouldn’t you have at least figured out after you moved to Seoul and especially since the guy you mar-“

Sang Dae’s hand quickly covered my mouth. She motioned to Jong Hyun with her eyes.

“Did you both know each other before Sang Dae moved to Seoul?” Asked Jong Hyun after a moment’s pause; he pointed from Sang Dae to me and then back.

“Mm…” said Sang Dae slowly. “Sorry. I should explain, right? Um… where should I begin?”

“What do you mean you’ll explain?” I asked pulling Sang Dae’s hand down from my mouth.

“Aish,” said Sang Dae glaring back at me.

“You’re going home,” I said pulling Sang Dae away.

“I have to explain since you blurted everything out,” said Sang Dae resisting.

“Then you can explain to him tomorrow,” I said holding onto her wrist more firmly. “I still need to talk to you.”

“I don’t want to,” said Sang Dae glaring.

“Too bad,” I said pulling her behind me.

“I’m sorry,” called out Sang Dae over her shoulder to Jong Hyun. “I’ll explain later! I promise!”

I noticed that the library assistant girl wasn’t there on our way out but it was better that way. How was I supposed to explain this?

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Sang Dae POV:

Min Ho didn’t even look at me as he sat across from me. The entire ride home he didn’t talk even once. Then after dragging me up to the apartment, he sat down at the table and seemed to ignore me. I sighed.

“You’re really not going to say anything at all?”

Still, there was no response.

“Are you really not going to talk or explain or something?”

Min Ho changed his sitting position and continued to stare out the kitchen window.

“Fine,” I said standing up. “I’m going to at least call Jong Hyun.”

“I said that I still needed to talk to you,” said Min Ho finally looking at me.

“I’ve been trying to get you to talk since we left the library,” I said folding my arms.

“I was thinking about what I was going to say,” said Min Ho looking back out the window.

“If all you’re going to do is stare out the kitchen window, I’m going,” I said turning away.

“I’m not done talking.”

“Well maybe if you talked, you’d be able to finish,” I said turning back to him before sitting back down. “How about we do this? I’ll ask the questions and you answer.”

“Fine.”

“Why did you come to the library?”

“Hyung wasn’t back yet and Tae Min went to look for Key.”

“That’s all?”

“That’s all.”

“Fine. Then why were you angry with me?”

“You started it.”

“When did I do anything?” I asked in disbelief. “You’re the one who just suddenly appeared and got angry with me.”

“Me? What did I do?” Asked Min Ho sitting up. “Hyung was about to… about to… about to… k… ki…”

Min Ho faded out, his face red. I looked away and coughed uncomfortably. Why did he have to bring that up now? It felt hot all of a sudden. I blew my fringe out of my face.

“S-so… so what? That’s my business,” I said looking back at him before pulling out the picture of the contract on my phone. “Besides. You just broke term three. It was my personal relationship outside of the marriage so you didn’t have any right to interfere.”

“What? You think I interfered because of that?” Asked Min Ho. “I just pulled you away from Hyung in case there was a sasaeng fan. What if someone had taken a picture and had uploaded it up on the internet? Then SHINee would have had two scandals before our album.”

“Oh…” I said quietly looking down at my hands.

“Then our album would have been delayed. Were you going to take responsibility for that? See this is why I wonder if you have a brain sometimes.”

“Either way,” I said after a while. “You could have handled the situation differently. Now Jong Hyun knows that you knew me before I moved to Seoul.”

 “So what? That’s fine,” said Min Ho.

“And if I hadn’t stopped you,” I said continuing. “You would have said something about the marriage too.”

Min Ho became quiet.

“We have to match up our stories because Jong Hyun will ask,” I said leaning forward. “He already knows that I was with you yesterday and that’s because you blurted it out.”

“I told all the SHINee members that you were Omma’s niece and that we were supposed to have dinner together. That’s what SM put out as a formal statement as well.”

“Then we’ll have to stick to that story,” I said leaning back in my chair.

Min Ho nodded.

“You don’t think Jong Hyun will tell the other members, will he?” I asked feeling worried. “Jong Hyun must be confused now.”

“Yah. Are you worrying about Jong Hyun right now? Shouldn’t you be worrying about me?”

“Worry my foot,” I said scoffing. “You’re the one going around almost breaking rules on our contract.”

“That’s because they’re not specific enough. Make a new one,” said Min Ho shooing me with his hand.

I scoffed.

“Why? I like the old one.”

“It’s not detailed enough. We have to be thorough.”

“Fine,” I said glaring at him before getting up.

I grabbed paper and a pen from my study desk. Having second thoughts, I returned to my room and took out the original contract.

“What’s that?” Asked Min Ho. I ignored him and sat down. He leaned forward and turned the original contract so that it faced him.

“Let’s keep the first two terms the same,” I said writing them down on the new piece of paper.

“Third one,” said Min Ho pointing to the original contract. “We should be allowed to interfere if it is needed.”

“Fine then. I’ll add a clause,” I said trying not to sigh before writing. “Term 3, Clause A. The only exception when a party involved in the contract may interfere is if anyone involved in the relationship might endanger the marriage or put a party of the contract in any sort of jeopardy. Happy?”

“Mmm… not yet,” said Min Ho thinking about it. “You… have to tell the other person any plans you might have… before hand and… what happened during the time you met.”

“Why?” I asked looking up at him suspiciously.

“Yah,” said Min Ho leaning back. “You haven’t even been in Seoul for that long. What if something happens and Hyung has to leave… and you don’t know where to go? Hyung isn’t going to be the one killed by your grandfather. Besides, then your grandfather would know. How’d you think he’d take it? I have to know to cover up for you.”

I paused. That could technically happen someday. Why was Min Ho making so much sense today?

“Fine,” I said trying not to glare. “Term 3, Clause B. The other party will get to know about meetings before hand and get a gist of it afterwards. That’s it. No more.”

“Fine,” said Min Ho crossing his arms.

“Let’s keep the last two terms the same. I think that’s it.”

“Wait,” said Min Ho leaning forward again. “There is one more thing.”

‘What now?” I asked annoyed.

“We should help each other keep the contract and marriage a secret,” said Min Ho.

“What?”

“What I mean is,” said Min Ho clearing his throat. “If I need you to act like my cousin, you’ll act like my cousin.”

“Why?”

“Because that’s what my members know you as,” said Min Ho raising his voice slightly.

“Aish,” I said writing it down. “Term 5.”

“We already have a Term 5,” said Min Ho pointing to the contract.

“It becomes Term 6,” I said without looking up. “Term 5. Both Parties will help each other keep the marriage a secret.”

“That’s good enough.”

“Wait,” I said continuing. “There’s one more thing I want to change.”

“What?”

“The last term: Term 6. If any of the terms above are broken by either of the Parties, this contract will be nullified and the other Party gets to choose between revising the contract and picking a punishment of their own for the Term breaker.”

“Fine then.”

I took out another blank piece of paper and copied down the revised contract.

“Sign,” I said passing one of the papers to Min Ho.

“Your handwriting is so messy,” said Min Ho picking up the paper. "And what's with all the scribbling?"

“If you don’t want it, give it back,” I said reaching for it.

“I’ll sign it,” said Min Ho pulling the paper from my reach. We both signed before switching papers and signing again.

“I can get rid of this now, right?” Asked Min Ho picking up the original contract and tearing it.

I looked at him suspiciously. He looked too happy.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Krystal POV:

“What are you thinking about?” Asked Sulli walking into my room and sitting down cross-legged on my bed. “It must be serious.”

“Unni,” I said leaning forward. “People in this century wouldn’t force an arrange marriage right?”

“I don’t know. It probably depends on the situation,” said Sulli. “Why? Did your parents say something?”

“No.”

“Then why are you asking?”

“No, I mean… a friend of mine,” I said trying to think of what to say. “Anyways, my friend’s Omma wants an arranged marriage.”

“So?”

“But then, there’s this other person, who likes my friend…”

“Who? Which friend?” Asked Sulli interested.

“Just a friend.”

“Ah, don’t lie,” said Sulli. “It’s you, isn’t it?”

“No it isn’t,” I said quickly.

“So  it is you,” said Sulli nodding. “Why did your Omma bring up marriage?”

“She didn’t!”

“Ah, so you like someone whose Omma wants them to have an arrange marriage.”

“No, I don’t!”

“Who is it?” Asked Sulli leaning forward excited.

“It isn’t me!”

“Don’t lie. It’s obvious.”

“It really isn’t me!”

“It’s Min Ho Oppa, isn’t it,” said Sulli nodding to herself.

“How- no it isn’t!”

“Please, everyone can tell.”

“Everyone?”

“Mm,” said Sulli.

“Unni,” I said after a moment’s silence. “What do you think?”

“Me?” Asked Sulli. “Mm… He treats me well but we definitely see each other more as siblings. But he treats you well too. I think… he likes you.”

“Really?” I asked leaning forward before leaning away again and sighing. “But he says that he doesn’t like anyone.”

“Guys are usually like that. They themselves don’t know what they like. It was only after Min Ho Oppa got to see me as a romance interest in a drama that he realized that he just wanted us to be like brother and sister. Besides, I know Min Ho Oppa,” said Sulli smiling. “He doesn’t know how to express himself in that way.”

“What about his Omma?”

“What?”

“Just, an arranged marriage,” I said quietly. I wasn’t going to tell Sulli about this other girl. I would deal with her later by myself.

“It’s not like he’s going to get married now. You still have time to change her mind, right?”

I would change Min Ho’s Omma’s mind and get Min Ho to confess. Maybe Min Ho just didn’t know. I would change his mind too. He’d understand my heart later. As for that other girl, I would find out who she was and get rid of her too. She was probably just some girl that was up to Min Ho’s Omma because Min Ho was a celebrity. Who was she to get in between me and Oppa?

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

Punching in the password for the lock, I opened the door and walked in. There was no one in the living room. I checked my room. No one was there either. As I walked towards Tae Min and Jong Hyun’s room, I heard voices. I opened the door.

“Hyung you’re back?” Asked Tae Min spotting me.

“Mm,” I said looking around only to spot Key instead of Jong Hyun. “When did you get back Hyung?”

“Me?” Asked Key sitting up on Jong Hyun’s bed. “Half-an-hour ago?”

“Is Jong Hyun Hyung back yet?” I asked looking around. “I didn’t see him.”

“No,” said Key shaking his head.

“I thought you were going to go meet him. How come you came back alone?” Asked Tae Min.

“I did meet him, at the university library. He left by himself though. He should have gotten here already though,” I said confused. I was sure that he would have been waiting at the dorm for me, waiting for an explanation of some sort.

“Really? I’ll call him,” said Key taking out his phone. I went and sat down on Tae Min’s bed. “That’s strange.”

“What?” Asked Tae Min sitting up.

“His phone is off.”

I tried calling again.

“Really? That’s really strange,” said Tae Min taking out his own phone only to have it start ringing.

“Is it Jong Hyun Hyung?” I asked cutting the call and leaning towards him to see the caller ID.

“No. It’s Onew Hyung,” said Tae Min picking up the call. “Neh Hyung. Ah, you probably couldn’t reach Key Hyung and Min Ho Hyung because they were trying to call Jong Hyun Hyung. What?!”

Key and I leaned closer trying to hear.

“How bad? Okay I understand,” said Tae Min getting up from his bed and picking up his jacket. He motioned us to do the same.

“Why? What happened?” Asked Key slowly standing up.  Tae Min ended the call.

“Quickly, get your coats. We have to go to the hospital,” said Tae Min walking out the door.

“What happened?” I asked following him out as Key went to our room; most probably get his own jacket.

“We have to hurry. Hyung got into an accident and is in the emergency room.”

“Who got into an accident?” Asked Key catching up with us.

“Jong Hyun Hyung.”

 

------------------------------------------

AHHHHHH!!! Another cliffhanger! In case you are wondering, Jong Hyun did have an accident last year on April 1st but I moved it so that it's 10 days later. I'm trying to get my story to move along. I'm sorry everyone... I usually only read really "boring" and long stories according to what "society norm" says. I'm trying my best... please don't be too mad at me...

And, I meant to put up this chapter yesterday, but the electricity went out in our neighborhood and since I was busy today, I could only put this up now.

Oh, and if you would like to read more by me... I have written my first oneshot. *yay* It's Kaisoo and is called "Good-bye My First Love." It's already completed so you can just read it. :)

Anyways... goodnight everyone!