What Does a Fan Do?

Secret Bride

THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!

-----------------------------------------------~-----------------------------------------------

 

Sang Dae POV:

My first day of school went smoothly. Although, I didn’t make any friends yet, it didn’t faze me. I had started the day off well. Who thought that Kim Jong Hyun would be in my school? Moreover, he seemed really nice, although a little arrogant around the edges. I thought that I would be really awkward with him, but I worried for no reason. It was like spending time with someone you would have known for years and years.

By the time it was 8 in the evening, I had watched all of the SHINee music videos I could find on YouTube. I watched all of Jong Hyun’s parts repeatedly before downloading all of the songs. I put the songs to play on my laptop before going on to take a shower. I finished showering and walked out of the bathroom.

“What the heck?” Shouted a voice. I screamed before running back into the bathroom. Seeing the wiper, I grabbed it before opening the door slowly.

“What do you want? Who are you?” I asked holding the wiper like a weapon. “I’m only a student. I don’t have any money.”

“It’s me,” said Min Ho.

I opened the door fully and saw Min Ho standing with his back towards me.

“How’d you get in here?” I asked.

“Did you forget who owns this apartment?”

“What are you doing here at this time?”

“I had schedules until now. I came during my free time to see how your first day of school was.”

“How kind of you,” I said sarcastically. “Now, if you’ll excuse me. I’m going to go get ready.”

I shook my head before going into my room to change.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

When I was sure Sang Dae left, I slowly turned around. I placed my hand on my chest and sighed. What was that? Why did she come out like that? And why were SHINee songs playing? I went up to the laptop and opened the playlist. I blinked. All of the SHINee music videos were on the list.

“Don’t touch that,” said Sang Dae immerging from her room in pyjamas with her wet hair in a towel.

I immediately moved away from it.

“Did you miss me so much you played all my songs,” I asked pretending to be serious.

“Please. These songs are much more than you rapping,” said Sang Dae stopping the music.

“Since when were you so interested in Kpop?” I asked sitting down on one of the chairs.

“Since I found myself a very interesting teacher,” said Sang Dae smiling happily.

“Who?” I asked surprised. This girl who had never taken an interest in Kpop for close to 19 years in her life found someone who gave her an interest in it?

“None of your business.”

“Who is it?” I asked even more curious now.

“You’ll never be able to guess,” said Sang Dae going into the kitchen and coming out with a few boxes of side dishes. She set them down on the table and went back.

“So tell me.”

“Don’t want to,” said Sang Dae coming back with a single pair of chopsticks and a steaming bowl of rice.

“Yah,” I exclaimed as she sat down across from me and started eating alone. “What about me?”

“What?” Asked Sang Dae looking up from her food.

“I’m hungry too,” I said looking at the food. “Give me some.”

“No way,” said Sang Dae going back to eating. “Did you make this?”

“No.”

“Did you spend an hour looking for the best place to go shopping for food around here and then pay with your own money?”

“No. But I’m hungry.”

“Then what are you going to pay me?” Asked Sang Dae pointing to the food with her chopsticks.

“Shouldn’t a good wife give food to her husband?” I asked trying to reach for an eggroll, wincing when she hit me with her chopsticks. “Yah. Why is there no meat?”

“A good husband would go buy the food so that his wife could make it,” said Sang Dae hitting my hand when I tried to reach for the kimchi. “I can’t afford meat right now.”

“Why? You have a lot of money.”

“That’s my Grandfather’s money. Besides, I’m just a student.”

“So am I.”

“No, you’re a Kpop star trying to be a normal student and failing,” said Sang Dae taking a bite of an eggroll.

“But, I’m really hungry,” I said pouting.

“Then pay.”

I paused to consider the state of my hunger.

“Fine,” I said taking out my wallet, taking out a few bills and placing them on the table. Sang Dae grabbed them happily and counted it before going and getting me a bowl of rice and chopsticks. “So mean.”

I started eating quickly afraid that Sang Dae would change her mind. I slowed down.

“What?” Asked Sang Dae looking up. “Is it not good?”

“It’s good,” I said looking down at my food. “Are you sure you made this?”

“Mm,” said Sang Dae going back to eating. “Why don’t like it?”

“Who made this?” I asked pointing to the kimchi. “The Ahjummas at home? Or did you buy it?”

“No. I made it before coming. My mom and I always made it by ourselves. It was our tradition,” said Sang Dae. “Why?”

“Give me some,” I said grabbing the kimchi plate and bringing it closer to me. “Pack up everything and give me more kimchi.”

“You’re acting strange,” said Sang Dae putting down her chopsticks. “Do they not feed you guys or something?”

“We make our own food,” I admitted. Sang Dae shook her head.

“And here I thought the life of a star was glamorous.”

“Yah,” I said suddenly thinking of something. “If I buy you your ingredients will you make me food every week so I can take it back to dorms?”

“I don’t want to.”

“Why?”

“It’s more work for me. If you want stuff for a week, it’ll be more work,” said Sang Dae folding her arms.

“Please?” I asked pouting again.

“Save your aegyo for your fans,” said Sang Dae frowning. “I don’t want anything like that.”

“Then what do you want?”

“An oven,” said Sang Dae after thinking, a smile on her face.

“An oven?” I asked surprised. “What for?”

“You don’t need to know,” said Sang Dae.

“Why don’t you buy an oven with the money Grandfather gave you?”

“I need that for emergencies. Besides, it’s my Grandfather’s money. Enough said.”

“Fine, if I buy you an oven will you make me food?”

“Oven and ingredients.”

“That’s too much!”

“Why?”Asked Sang Dae. “You should be buy ingredients at least if you want food and the oven can be payment. You’ll benefit from an oven too.”

“Fine. I’ll make sure that you’ll get that oven by tomorrow morning,” I said going back to my food. I smiled. It really was good.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

“What wrong with him?” I asked sitting down in the backseat of the car.

“I don’t know,” said Tae Min sitting down next in between me and Onew. "I didn't sleep much because of Hyung either."

“He’s been like that since yesterday,” said Key sitting down in the last free seat. “Scared me half to death when I went to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Ugh.”

Jong Hyun’s face was glued to a laptop, headphones on his head. His hand moving fast as he continued to write in a small notebook that already looked more than three-fourths of the way finished. The strangest thing was that on the screen was a video of Miss A during a variety show.

“Maybe he found himself a girlfriend,” said Onew. “The last time he was like this was when he was dating Shin Se Kyung.”

“No that was about 100 times worse,” said Key jumping in. “So I reject the girlfriend theory. Watch.”

Key tapped Jong Hyun before pulling off one of the sides of the headphones. Jong Hyun finally pulled his gaze away from the laptop screen.

“What?” Asked Jong Hyun.

“Are you dating anyone?”

“No,” said Jong Hyun confused before going back to whatever he was doing.

“See,” said Key contently.

“If it wasn’t for the Miss A video, I would have thought Hyung was studying for a test,” said Tae Min.

Suddenly my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and rejected the call. A message popped up.

From Deaf Girl:

Pick up your phone or you’re dead!

My phone rang again. Sighing, I picked it up.

“I almost decided not to call you,” said Sang Dae sounding irritated.

“What is it?” I asked quietly as the other members continued talking and the car started moving.

“Pick me up at 6 tomorrow and drive me to school.”

“Why?”

“If you want your food, you’ll do as you’re told,” said Sang Dae. I could imagine the smug look on her face.

“You made it already?” I asked excitedly.

“Yes. So you better pick me up at 6 sharp. If you’re even one minute late, I won’t give you anything.”

“Okay. I’m hanging up,” I said smiling.

“Who was that?” Asked Tae Min.

“No one,” I said putting my phone away.

“Hyung,” said Tae Min looking at me funny. “Jong Hyun Hyung isn’t the only one who acts strange these days.”

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

I opened the apartment door and was immediately hit with the smell of baked goods. I quickly closed the door.

“Sang Dae?” I asked walking to the kitchen. Although the kitchen smelled good, she wasn’t there.

I walked back out and saw the table. There were two bags. While one was big, there was a smaller one. Intrigued I opened the smaller bag.

“Don’t touch that!” Exclaimed Sang Dae running and grabbing it from me. She pointed to the other bag. “That’s yours.”

“Who is that for?” I asked pointing to the bag she was holding.

“My teacher,” she said smiling. I nodded.

“What’s the smell?” I asked. “Did you bake something?”

She nodded before putting down the smaller bag and opening the bigger one. She pulled out one box and handed it to me. I opened it and saw cake pieces.

“I made something for my teacher and decided to make you something too because you did get me the oven. Don’t think it’s anything else. It’s only because I was grateful.”

I nodded before taking a piece out and trying it. I was surprised by how good it was. “It’s really good!”

“I told you that you’d benefit from the oven,” said Sang Dae looking at her watch. “Come on, it’s almost six. I need to be in school by 6:30.”

The whole ride to school, Sang Dae kept looking at her watch and telling me to go faster. When we got to school she didn’t even say bye but quickly got out of the car and went on her way.

I got back to the dorm a little later. I opened the bag Sang Dae gave me and opened the fridge to put it in.

“Label your boxes before you put them in,” said Tae Min walking into the kitchen and grabbing a water bottle. “Or else Onew Hyung will just eat them.”

“Good thinking. Watch this for me,” I said running into my room. Finding a marker, I ran back out.

“Hyung,” said Tae Min taking out the boxes. “Whose handwriting is this?”

I ran over worried that Sang Dae had left a note or something. Instead, I saw that all the boxes had already been labelled with proper waterproof labels that had my name on them.

“Oh,” I said when Tae Min kept staring at me. “My cousin’s.”

“He cooked and baked for you?” Asked Tae Min not believing me as he looked at the boxes. “His handwriting looks funny.”

I almost forgot that the members had met my cousin a few times, who was the only one who lived in Seoul.

“She’s just moved to Seoul a few days ago,” I said taking the boxes from him and putting them into fridge. “She came after the…  um… funeral.”

“Oh,” said Tae Min. “By the way. Can I get a ride to school?”

“Sure,” I said putting the last boxes in. “Does Jong Hyun Hyung need one too?”

“I think he left already,” said Tae Min heading back to his room to get his bag.

“He left? Already?” I asked surprised.

“He said he had something important to do.”

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Sang Dae POV:

I sat down on a bench and waited. I was a little early but I would rather be that than late. I hated being late for anything. Although there was only one person who walked past and I felt a bit self conscious.

I usually never did stuff like this. I would have rather ignored everyone and studied by myself and kept to myself, but I felt like I owed Jong Hyun. He didn’t know it, but he had helped me through a very difficult time.

“Sang Dae,” said a voice jolting me from my thoughts. I looked up to see Jong Hyun walking towards me. “Did you wait long?”

“No,” I said smiling. I quickly held out my present to Jong Hyun.

“What’s this?”

“Payment for my lessons,” I said smiling.

“Really? It looks good,” said Jong Hyun opening the box before closing and it pulling out a piece of paper and one more thing from his pocket. “Actually. I have your first assignment for you.”

I took the paper and saw that it had an address written on it.

“It’s the time and address for a fan signing event that SHINee has today. I have to leave school early for it. The other thing is your ID in our fan club. You’ll have to carry it to get in. Anyways, it’s your first assignment.”

I nodded. He handed me a notebook.

“This here is your textbook,” said Jong Hyun. “Keep it safe, I hand wrote everything so it is worth a lot.”

“Okay,” I said smiling grasping the notebook tighter in my hand.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

I almost messed up what I was writing when I heard the voice. That voice, filled with satoori was undeniable. I tried not to look to my right and finished the autograph I was writing and smiled at the fan before she went her way. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched her move from Onew to Tae Min to Key and then finally, she stood in front of me.

“What’s your name?” I asked taking a new paper and trying to act calmly. Why in the world was she here anyways?

“Oh,” said Sang Dae smiling sweetly at me. “I don’t need one.”

That was no sweet smile. It was the smile of a devil.

 

--------------------------------------------

Yay! Another double update! I am proud of myself. :) Today will be a good day.

I hope you like this chapter. :) I had fun writing it. I hope the story has started to pick up its pace.

Please subscribe if you liked the story. Please comment! I love comments! :D

I hope everyone stays healthy and happy today! ^^