In Two Different Worlds

Secret Bride

Sang Dae POV:

As quietly as I could, I closed the back gate behind me. I hopped onto the bicycle and started down the dirt path. About 5 minutes later I spotted the pond. Mist clung to the surface as the sunrise approached.

I leaned the bicycle against the tree trunk before pulling out a blanket from the basket. After spreading it, I sat down and pulled out a recorder from my bag. Settled, I turned to look towards the approaching sunrise and pressed record.

“Although it no longer was dark, it was not yet light. The darkness slowly ebbed away as the glow around the distant mountains grew brighter. Slowly, the sun peaked out from behind the dark figures, as the darkness darted away. The sun gripped the mountains as it quickly pulled itself up from its shadowy bed. Once free of its shackles, it spread itself contently on the vast blue canvas, waiting for what the day would bring,” I said describing what I saw before pressing the stop button.

Content with my own work, I leaned back onto the tree trunk. Picking a flower from the many scattered around me, I twisted it into a small ring before placing it on my ring finger. I admired my hand as I placed it up to the rising sun.

“Na Sang Dae!” Shouted a figure in the distance. “Come home now! Quickly!”

I sighed before standing up. I brushed off my clothes before folding the blanket and putting it back. The entire ride back the person paced, waiting restlessly for me to return.

“What is it Ahjumma?” I asked.

“Quickly Sang Dae-ah,” said Ahjumma taking my bicycle. “Your grandfather has been calling for you since a while ago.”

Hearing Ahjumma’s words, I panicked and ran inside the house.

“Grandfather! Grandfather!” I shouted running through the house towards his room.

“I’m not deaf Sang Dae,” said Grandfather from his bed.

“Ahjumma said that you were calling me,” I said rushing to over and sitting down on the chair beside the bed before taking his hand in mine. “Is something wrong? Does something hurt?”

“No, I’m alright,” said Grandfather patting my hand.

“Then what’s wrong?”

“Sang Dae-ah,” said Grandfather looking serious. “I don’t have much time left until I have to leave this world.”

“Grandfather, stop talking like that. I don’t like it when you talk like that,” I said getting upset.

“Sang Dae, listen carefully. When your parents departed this earth, I know how much it hurt you because it hurt me too,” said Grandfather his voice growing softer. “When I leave, and I don’t have much time, I worry about who will take care of you.”

“I can take care of myself.”

“I know you can take care of yourself,” said Grandfather patting my head gently. “But everyone needs someone to take care of them in this world. When I’m gone, I want to be able to leave you in the care of someone so that I can rest peacefully in the afterlife.”

“Don’t talk like this so early in the morning,” I said turning away from him.

“Sang Dae-ah, I want you to get married.”

“Married!” I exclaimed turning back shocked. “I can’t get married now! I’m only eighteen! I just only started university a week ago!”

“Back in my day, women were married off when they were around your age.”

“Grandfather, that’s in the past! If I get married now, everyone is going to find it strange. I don’t want to be an Ahjumma.”

“Sang Dae-ah, this is my last request to you,” said Grandfather. “I’m not asking for anything more. I just want you to be safe when I leave. Then only will I be at peace.”

I sighed as I looked at his pleading face.

I for one never thought I would get married until I was 30 but instead, he was asking me to get married at the age of 18. I thought that I would get married after a whirlwind romance with a big proposal from someone I truly loved like in all the stories I read and yet, he was asking me to be married to someone I didn’t know just for his peace.

I didn’t know what made me move my head into a slow nod. Maybe it was because I was just worried that my rebellion towards this would make him even sicker, like my father’s had and take him away from me faster. Maybe it was because I believed that out of all people, he cared for me the most in my life. Maybe it was because I too was worried about my future without him or anyone by my side. Maybe it was because I didn’t stop to think that he already had someone in mind while I thought the process would take months at the least, giving me sufficient time to think about it or a way out of it.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

“…We’re not so different, we’re only getting similar.”

I bowed as the music faded away. Immediately there was clapping. All five of us SHINee members turned towards the noise. Sulli and Krystal were standing in the doorway of the practice room.

“Wah! That was really good,” said Sulli giving us a bright smile. “Didn’t you guys start practicing this dance only a while ago?”

“What are you two doing here?” Asked Onew moving forward and grabbing a bottle of water before sitting down on the floor. The rest of us members followed suit.

“Shouldn’t you guys be getting ready to go to New Zealand or something?” Asked Key fixing his hair while looking into the mirrors that made up most of the walls in the practice room.

“We were called to the office,” said Krystal.

“Maybe Krystal caused another accident or something,” said Jong Hyun sarcastically.

“Aren’t you the one who causes accidents?”

“We all are being called,” said Sulli interrupting the two. “Mr. Lee wants to see us all so he told us to get you after practice.”

“Just give us a few minutes and we’ll go up,” I said smiling at Sulli who nodded.

Ever since we had filmed ‘To the Beautiful You’ together, Sulli and I had become closer so we tended to be the ones who smoothed things out between Jong Hyun and Krystal when they started fighting. Even though the rest of our groups got along, after ‘SHINee’s Hello Baby’ the two were on bad terms although none of us knew why.

By the time I finished showering, the rest of the other members had already left. I grabbed my bag and walked out to find Krystal waiting for me.

“Oppa,” said Krystal brightening up when she saw me. “Sulli said that we were getting late so the rest of them went up already.”

“Ah, really? Then let’s go up,” I said smiling. We found the rest of the members waiting in front of Mr. Lee’s office.

“You can go in now,” said Mr. Lee’s secretary. We quickly hurried into the office.

“Ah… yes… thank you… of course,” said Mr. Lee talking on the phone while gesturing to us to sit down. Our managers had already arrived. By the time we took our seats, Mr. Lee ended his phone call.

“You must be wondering what I called you all in here for,” said Mr. Lee standing up and handing a stack of papers to our manager to pass out. “Of course Etude House has used SHINee as endorsement models for years now along with Park Dara from YG. However, this year, it seems as though she is leaving of her own accord and Etude House has turned to SM for its new female endorsement models. I have decided along with the representative from Etude House that Sulli and Krystal shall replace her.”

“Really?” Asked Sulli looking excited.

“Yes, this is why I called you here. If any of you have any problems with this, we should clear that now,” said Mr. Lee looking at us SHINee. “If not, then I’d like Sulli and Krystal, if you are willing to, get ready to sign the contract with Etude House by tomorrow. Here is a copy, read it over and come tomorrow with any questions you might have.”

Sulli and Krystal stood up, took the copies and bowed.

“Thank you,” they both said at the same time. “We will do our best.”

“You can go now,” said Mr. Lee. All of us stood and started to make our way out the door. “Oh, Min Ho, stay behind for a moment.”

Confused, I came back and watched as the rest of my members walked out. Tae Min gave me a small shrug looking just as confused as I was. The door shut.

“Min Ho, your father has been calling this office for the past four hours, non-stop, trying to get into contact with you. I think I remembered telling you to ask your father to refrain from calling the office and to personally contact you. Is something wrong with your phone?”

“No. I was just busy practicing and so I had turned it off so that I could concentrate. I will remind him again. If he calls again, please tell him to call my personal number,” I said formally. “If that’s all, I’ll go back now.”

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Sang Dae POV:

The bell rang indicating the end of the period. I slowly pulled myself up from my desk.

“Na Sang Dae,” said Teacher Kang motioning to me with her hand.

Nervous I walked up to her desk.

“You don’t have class after this right?” She asked looking up from her papers.

“This is my last class for the day,” I said fiddling with my bag.

“Good. Follow me,” she said getting up and walking out the door.

I tried to think about what Teacher Kang wanted. I’m pretty sure that I finished all my assignments and turned them in on time. It was only the second week of school. What had I done to already be in trouble?

“Come in,” said Teacher Kang opening the door to her office. I nodded before entering and sitting down in the chair in front of her desk when she motioned to it.

“I have two things I want to talk to you about,” she said opening a drawer in her desk and pulling out a folder. From within it, she pulled out two sheets of paper that were stapled together. “First, I would like to commend you on your assignment.”

She handed the assignment to me. I nodded and took it slowly. I smiled when I saw that I had gotten a perfect score on it.

“Although it was just to test your abilities and place the students where they are, I was most surprised by your work. You went beyond what I asked and this is a beautifully written piece,” said Teacher Kang smiling.

“Thank you,” I said bowing happily.

“Second thing,” said Teacher Kang more seriously. “Why are you planning on leaving the school?”

“L-le-leaving school?” I asked stuttering. “I-I’m not.”

“Are you sure?” Asked Teacher Kang handing me another piece of paper from the folder. “This is a letter from your grandfather sent to the Office asking for a transfer of school.”

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

“Come home immediately,” said the voice.

“I thought you never wanted me to set foot in that house again,” I replied coldly.

“When I tell you to come home, you better come home.”

“I can’t come home. I have work,” I said hoping to end the call quickly.

“I know you lied about your past to your entertainment. Would you like me to enlighten them?” The voice said threateningly.

I clenched my teeth together as I bit back an angry reply.

“If you want your secrets to remain secrets, you’ll come home immediately.”

The call ended on his terms, again. I held back the urge to throw my phone at the wall. That man may have been my father, but never had he ever acted like it towards me.

 

------------------------------------------

Dear Readers!! I hope you like the first chapter! It's a bit slow I admit, but it'll get better hopefully! :)

Like I said before, I started writing this fanfic a year ago so started it up again recently. So the events are from a year ago. I hope it doesn't confuse everyone too much. And although the events are from last year, somethings have been changed to fit the story.

Anyways! If you enjoyed my first chapter please subscribe! And please comment!