Wedding Preperations

Secret Bride

Sang Dae POV:

“You knew who I was,” said Min Ho muttering to himself for the 100th time.

He paced up and down in front of me still in shock. I leaned back in my seat. The elders had decided to leave us alone saying that we should get to know each other. Little did they know we had already bumped into one another on the way home.

I mean, we had met when we were little kids but he was always so loud and attention seeking. I liked to stay in corner where it was quieter and read. So ever since we were little, we tended to clash in interests.

“You knew who I was and still pretended to be deaf and not know me,” said Min Ho finally sitting down.

“So?”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t like you,” I said straight forwardly.

“Then why did you tell Grandfather you agreed to the wedding?”

“One reason: he’s sick,” I said stating obvious. “He’s the only family I have left. I don’t want to lose him yet. If I said that I wouldn’t get married, he would have gotten sicker. Besides, how was I supposed to know he wanted me to marry you? You of all people.”

“What?” Asked Min Ho. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“Don’t worry though, you won’t have to stay married to me forever.”

“What?”

“As in we can get a divorce. We just won’t register the marriage, which is an advantage to you. Then later, when things have settled down or if,” I said pausing for a moment before continuing in a softer and more serious voice. “Grandfather passes away, we can get a divorce.”

Min Ho seemed to consider what I was saying.

“No one can know about it,” said Min Ho slowly.

“You think I want anyone to know that I am marrying you?” I asked shuddering. “If anyone gets married at this age, everyone misunderstands. Besides, I’d rather not be tortured to death in the hands of your fans.”

“Good point,” said Min Ho nodding slowly.

“Then we have a deal?” I asked extending my hand.

“Deal,” said Min Ho shaking my hand after a moment’s pause.

“Good, I’ll write up our contract.”

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Jong Hyun POV:

“Cut! Cut!” Shouted the director. “Jong Hyun, let’s try that again. The line is ‘We only need one person.’”

“Again!” Exclaimed the Director.

“Lights! Camera! Action!”

“I came for an interview,” said Krystal loudly as she entered our “shop.”

Sulli and Krystal placed their applications on the counter looking at us expectantly. Min Ho nudged my foot from behind. I leaned forward to deliver my line.

“We only need…” I started. “…Sulli.”

“Cut!”

“We don’t need Krystal.”

“Cut!”

“We’ll take Sulli.”

“Cut!”

“Work in our shop, Sulli.”

“Cut! Cut! Kim Jong Hyun! The line is ‘We only need one person.’ Get it right! If you just pick one person before hand, then there is no need for the competition which is what this advertisement is all about. Take five!”

The other members grumbled as they walked off set. Onew pulled me to the side.

“The CEO wants to talk to you,” said Onew placing the phone in my hand before walking off the join the other members. I put the phone to my ear.

“I heard that you’re having some trouble on set,” said Mr. Lee.

“No, sir,” I said trying to be respectful.

“Jong Hyun, don’t make this any harder on the filming crew. I know you have personal issues with Krystal but please be professional while doing your job,” said Mr. Lee in a voice that sounded like he was scolding a toddler. “I’ll be especially watching your parts in this commercial and I would like to see you being on your very best behaviour during the entire process. Your behaviour will determine the consequences for the entire group.”

“I’ll do my best sir,” I said trying not to sound sarcastic in any way.

“Good. That’s what should happen. Work hard,” said Mr. Lee before ending the call.

“Hyung,” said Min Ho coming up to me and handing me a bottle of water. “Have some water before they call us back.”

“Thanks,” I said accepting the bottle and taking a few sips.

“Hyung, I know you don’t like Krystal.”

“I believe the word is hate.”

“Hyung,” said Min Ho trying not to sigh. “Just pretend that you already accepted Sulli and that you’ve rigged the competition.”

“Not a bad idea,” I said warming up to the idea.

“Let’s go,” said Min Ho noticing the other members moving back towards the set.

“Let’s go.”

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

After the drama preview was filmed, we filmed Sulli’s part of the commercial. It was the easiest part to film mainly because Jong Hyun didn’t have to interact with Krystal in the slightest bit and because Sulli had now become a little expert in front of the camera.

We were now halfway through Krystal’s part of the commercial. Not wanting any more trouble, I took the lead and made sure that Jong Hyun was next to me in case I had to cover up for him.

“Now! The last scene! SHINee reaction to the Jelly Lipstick,” said the director before looking at Jong Hyun. “Jong Hyun-ssi. Why don’t you stand front and center?”

“Me?” Asked Jong Hyun surprised.

“Yes, if we put you in the back, it’ll be harder to see you,” said the director smiling smugly.

“Hyung,” said Tae Min putting his hand on Jong Hyun shoulder. “Let’s just do it and get it over with.”

The first four tries were disastrous with the director shouting ‘cut’ every two seconds but, the fifth time.

“Cut! Perfect!” Exclaimed the director clapping and getting off his seat. “Let’s wrap up!”

“Hyung,” I said going up to Jong Hyun. “That was perfect. This became the easiest part to film.”

“Yes I know,” said Jong Hyun smirking. “All I had to do was pretend that I had just become so shocked because I just saw the biggest idiot in the world in front of me. Wasn’t hard at all.”

I had to stop from face palming myself as he walked away happily.

“Sulli,” exclaimed Jong Hyun going up to her and putting his arm around her. “Good job. You worked very hard today.”

“Thank you,” said Sulli smiling brightly as Tae Min approached her too.

“Oppa,” said a voice sadly from behind me. “I worked hard too didn’t I?”

I turned to see Krystal standing behind me.

“Of course you did,” I said giving her a smile. “You did very well. I’ll treat you to something before you go to New Zealand.”

“Really? Promise!” Exclaimed Krystal smiling at me before putting her arm into mine. “Let’s go Oppa.”

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Sang Dae POV:

“The wedding is in a week,” said Min Ho’s mom excitedly to the shop assistant.

I tried not to roll my eyes. Min Ho’s mom was very sweet, but she was taking this a little too far. It’s not like anyone was going to attend the wedding. It was being held on Grandfather’s land, near my favorite place, the pond. Only Min Ho’s family, Grandfather and the people who helped around our house would attend. They had grown up with me and had taken care of me since I was a baby. They wouldn’t miss it and neither would they tell anyone about it, the marriage that is.

Glancing at my reflection I admired the dress. It was pretty but it felt wrong. It should have been my mother who was standing with me; my quiet mother who would smoothen out non-existent wrinkles and pat my head, telling me that I looked beautiful. Of course I liked Min Ho’s mom, the only member of their family that I had any feelings towards, but I missed my mom.

Tears started to prick the edge of my eyes but I held them back. Even though it had already been six months since my parents passed away, I still missed my mother.

“Ahjumma,” I said trying to distract myself. “Let’s just take this dress.”

“Omo,” said Min Ho’s mom taking my hand. “I’m no longer just an Ahjumma. Besides, your Omma and I were good friends. It’s my responsibility. From now on call me Ommoni.”

“O… Om… O-Ommoni,” I finally stuttered when she kept looking at me, waiting for me to say it.

“Ah! So cute,” said Min Ho’s mom pinching my cheeks. “I like this dress too. Let’s take it.”

I nodded and tried to smile at her. She was only trying to be good to me and I needed at least one ally when I entered their household. I knew that Min Ho’s brother and his father were always about work and duty. Besides, if they disliked Min Ho, what were the chances that they would like me? When Min Ho’s mother went to see to the bill I finally let out the sigh I had been holding in.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

“That’s odd,” I said putting down the phone.

“What is it, Oppa?” Krystal asked looking up from her menu.

“Onew Hyung, Key Hyung and Tae Min said that they were coming but now they’re saying that something came up and they can’t make it,” I said tapping my fingers on the table completely missing the smug look on Krystal’s face. “Should we leave?”

“We can’t,” said Krystal quickly. “You promised to treat me before I went to New Zealand. I’m leaving tomorrow.”

“Oh right you are leave tomorrow morning,” I said remembering. “I did promise too.”

Krystal nodded.

“Okay,” I said picking up the menu. “What do you want to get?”

“Oppa, actually,” started Krystal.

“Mm?” I asked putting down the menu.

“Actually, I was wondering something,” she said doodling with her fingers on the table.

“Mm?”

“You’re really close with Sulli aren’t you?”

“Yes,” I said nodding.

“Is there something between you two?” Asked Krystal bending her head and speaking so softly I head to lean forward to hear.

“Sulli? No,” I said almost laughing. “Kang Tae Jun and Goo Jae Hee are only together in a drama. Sulli and I are just good friends. I guess I could count her as a little sister sometimes too.”

“Really?” Asked Krystal lifting her head before cautiously continuing. “Then are you dating anyone?”

“No,” I said truthfully. Then just like that I remembered Na Sang Dae. Well, I wasn’t dating anyone, but I wouldn’t count Na Sang Dae as a girlfriend.

Krystal went back to her menu. Seeing that her questions were over, I went back to my own menu. The waiter came to take our order. After ordering, I leaned back in my seat and looked out the window at the night view.

“Oppa,” said Krystal’s voice breaking into my thoughts. “Actually the reason why-“

Suddenly my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it read ‘Na Sang Dae.’ Well speak of the devil. Not wanting to disturb Krystal, I rejected the call. I could call her back.

“Sorry,” I said motioning for her to continue. “Go on.”

“Well, I was saying that the-“

Again my phone rang. Again Na Sang Dae’s name flashed across my screen. Again I rejected it when I saw Krystal trying to look at the screen of the phone.

“Sorry,” I said again.

“You should call them back Oppa,” said Krystal.

“It’s-“

Again the phone rang. I sighed. Even Krystal looked a little irritated.

“I’ll be back,” I said picking up the phone and standing up. I walked out of the restaurant and stood by the door. I picked up the call.

“Hello?”

“Aren’t you being rude?” Asked Sang Dae.

“Shouldn’t you greet someone nicely first before trying to insult them.”

“I’m not going to be nice to someone who was rude first.”

“Well, I am older than you.”

“They say women are six years mentally older than men.”

“Whatever,” I said realizing that I was losing this scrimmage. “Why did you call anyways?”

“Now you want to know,” said Sang Dae sarcastically.

“Just hurry up and tell me. I’m having dinner with someone.”

“Ooo, anyone I know,” said Sang Dae flatly.

“How could you not know her? She’s F(x)’s maknae.”

“Why in the world are you talking about math now?”

“Math? What math?”

“You’re talking about functions.”

I almost fell over when I realized why she was confused.

“I’m talking about the Kpop group F(x). They are the opposite girl group for SHINee in SM Entertainment,” I said trying to explain. “She’s the maknae of the group.”

“Okay?”

“Anyways, you didn’t answer my question. Why did you call?”

“Oh that, I was just wondering if you would talk to Grandfather for me.”

“Why?” I asked confused. “He’s your grandfather. Why are you calling me for something like this?”

“Simple. He’s trying to buy us a house for our wedding present.”

 

------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3! Ah, for those who are wondering, the cf that they are filming is for Etude. It is a real commercial and the drama preview video that is subbed is here. It came out last year and like I said before, the events that surround the fanfic, that also happen in real life are things that happened last year.

Anyways! I hope you liked the chapter. I'm trying to speed things up, now that the basic ground work for the fanfic has been placed. Things will start moving faster when Sang Dae movies to Seoul. If you liked my fanfic, please comment and subscribe! Thank you!