Scandal

Secret Bride

Krystal POV:

“I actually came here tonight to ask your permission to date your son. It would be what Min Ho wants. Please approve of us.”

Min Ho’s mom looked shocked. She then composed herself.

“I’m sorry but I don’t think I can,” said Min Ho’s mom crossing her arms.

“Why?”

“I have already found a girl for Min Ho. I think it’s best if you stopped pursuing Min Ho from now on. Min Ho knows his responsibilities as my son.”

“But Ommoni, aren’t arranged marriages slightly out of fashion now? By the time Min Ho marries, they’ll be history. Please reconsider.”

Suddenly Min Ho’s mom’s phone buzzed. She picked up her phone. She seemed to be reading a message. A smile appeared on her lips. She put her phone in her purse.

“I’m saying this for your own good. You are too young to understand,” said Min Ho’s mom standing up. “I think I shall have to leave now. I don’t think Min Ho will be returning.”

“Did something happen?” I asked standing up as well.

“Nothing you should concern yourself with,” said Min Ho’s mom putting on her coat. “Hopefully your friend will come soon. Otherwise, please go home.”

I sat back down in my seat as Min Ho’s mom walked away. I felt confused and angry.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

“Sang Dae,” I said rolling down the window of the passenger’s side.

Sang Dae sat on a bench at the bus stop. Her eyes were closed, a small smile on her lips.

“Yah! Na Sang Dae,” I said honking the horn.

Her eyes opened. The smile disappeared. She sighed as she pulled out her earphones. Ah. That’s why she hadn’t heard me the first time I called her.

“Get in,” I said unlocking her door.

“How come you came to get me?” Asked Sang Dae opening the door and sitting down. “Isn’t Ommoni alone now? You should have stayed with her. I was just about to get on the bus.”

“Omma was tired so she went home early,” I said starting the car.

“Really? Then I could have stayed at the meeting longer,” said Sang Dae sounding disappointed. “Wait! It’s still going now. I can go back.”

“You already left. What’s the use of going back?”

“It was a very important meeting,” said Sang Dae looking back in the direction of school.

“I already told Omma that I would pick you up,” said I said feeling irked. “What am I supposed to do? Wait in school until your meeting ends?”

“Mm,” said Sang Dae nodding.

“Forget. Let’s just go home,” I said pulling away from the bus stop.

“But I didn’t even eat dinner yet,” mumbled Sang Dae pouting.

“You can eat at home.”

“But I really wanted to eat out today,” said Sang Dae sighing.

“Then order something.”

“That’s not the same.”

“Then what do you expect me to do?”

“It’s not like you had dinner yet either.”

“So what? I can’t just go to a restaurant and have dinner with you.”

“Aish. So stingy,” said Sang Dae leaning into her seat. “It’s not like I haven’t made you food for an entire week. See if I make you anything more.”

Little blackmailer!

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Sang Dae POV:

I tried not to laugh as Min Ho tried to duck behind me when another group of girls walked past us. Dinner had been perfectly fine since we found a restaurant that wasn’t very crowded. Finding an ice-cream parlor that Min Ho had been to earlier, now that was a highly dangerous mission, at least according to him. He had even donned on his cap, mask and threw in a pair of thick rimmed glasses frames. Deja-Vu moment!

“Yah,” I said poking his arm. “It’s not like someone will recognize you. You’re not that famous.”

“You have no clue how scary fan girls can be,” said Min Ho. “Last time, because you wanted me to personally go and get your bed, I got chased at the mall. I barely escaped. I’m always caught in awkward situations because of you.”

“Because of me? That was only once. What do you mean always?” I asked scowling before walking away.

“Yah! Wait for me,” said Min Ho quickly catching up. “Go slowly.”

“Go find something better to hide behind. I’m apparently a disastrous person right? Who knows if you’ll get caught by your fans.”

“Oi,” said Min Ho ducking behind me again before looking up again. “Oh! There’s the store!”

“Aish,” I said glaring at him before walking towards the store.

“Wait for me,” said Min Ho following me as I entered.

Immediately my mood felt better. The smell of ice-cream and waffles filled the store. I breathed in slowly before smiling.

“Let’s go,” I said heading to the fridge where the ice-cream was kept. I quickly spotted the butterscotch. “Can I get a double scoop of butterscotch in a cone?”

“Yes,” said the Ahjusshi behind the counter before going to get a cone.

“What do you want?” I asked looking up at Min Ho who just pointed at the chocolate ice-cream before ducking his head. “Ahjusshi. The same of chocolate please.”

“Quickly. Let’s go,” whispered Min Ho looking around suspiciously.

“You’re the one that wanted to come here,” I whispered back, walking to the counter where I paid and took the ice-creams.

“Let’s go,” said Min Ho grabbing my wrist and pulling me out the door.

“Yah. Yah!” I exclaimed just managing to keep the ice-creams upright. “Aish. You keep acting like this and people will notice you even more.”

I scowled at him before taking a bite of my ice-cream. It felt good. Something cold in cold weather. I held out the other ice-cream to Min Ho.

“Take.”

Min Ho took his ice-cream and took a small bite.

“Let’s eat in the car,” said Min Ho grabbing my wrist again.

“I don’t want to,” I said pulling away. “I want to walk around for a bit. Stop being so paranoid about Everything.”

Min Ho pulled his coat collar higher before reaching behind me and pulling up my hood.

“Aish,” I said shooing his hand away. “I don’t want to. Besides, I’m not the celebrity.”

“If you want to walk around here, just do what I say,” said Min Ho pulling my hood around my face.

“Fine,” I said almost pouting before going back to my ice-cream happily.

We had barely walked more than a few meters, my ice-cream only half done, when suddenly a girl started shouting.

“Isn’t that SHINee’s Min Ho? It is! It’s Choi Min Ho! Hey guys! Look! It’s Min Ho!”

I looked around confused. What the heck was going on? Why were people screaming?

“What the-“ I started.

Min Ho grabbed my hand and pulled me roughly. I was so startled I dropped my ice-cream.

“My ice-cream,” I said looking down at it sadly.

“What are you doing? Quickly! Run!” Exclaimed Min Ho pulling me as he started running.

I struggled to keep up with his fast pace. I could hear girls screaming behind us although, it didn’t sound like they were getting farther. It sounded like they were getting closer. This was just not going to be one of my Lucky Days, was it?

“Yah. Slow down,” I said when I almost tripped.

“Run faster,” said Min Ho almost dragging me behind him. My hood had slipped off. The cold air hit my face roughly.

“I.. I can’t… go that… fast,” I said struggling to breathe.

“Just a little bit more,” said Min Ho. I caught sight of his car.

“Car,” I said pointing.

Min Ho suddenly pushed me into an alley before pressing the car keys into my hands.

“Wait until they pass before getting into the car,” said Min Ho quickly before turning away.

“Wait what-“

I had to move back immediately when a huge group of girls ran past me screaming Min Ho’s name. I pressed myself against the wall, hoping they wouldn’t notice me, until they passed. Even after they ran past, I leaned against the wall to catch my breath. Slowly, after checking, I walked to the car and got into the passenger seat.

Ah. So that’s what Min Ho was worried would happen. I pressed my hand against my chest. My heart was still beating hard. Suddenly I couldn’t help it. I started laughing. I doubled over in my seat, my shoulders shaking hard.

“Why are you laughing?” Asked Min Ho getting in and quickly starting the car.

I just couldn’t stop laughing.

“Yah. Crazy person,” said Min Ho pushing my shoulder. “What’s wrong?”

Finally, after a minute, I was able to stop. I sat up, my face feeling hot.

“Wah. So that’s what it’s like to be a celebrity,” I said trying not to laugh again. “You can’t even walk on the street in peace.”

“That’s not funny,” said Min Ho keeping his eyes on the road.

“That is funny! Everyone thinks that you are so privileged but you couldn’t even finish your ice-cream,” I said laughing before sobering up, looking down at my slightly sticky fingers. “I didn’t get to finish my ice-cream.”

“What?” Exclaimed Min Ho. “You didn’t finish your ice-cream? We almost got caught by fan girls. You didn’t even run fast.”

“It’s not my fault that you have freakishly long legs that make it hard for anyone to keep up with you,” I leaning back into my seat. “I’m short and have shorter legs.”

“Freakishly long legs? You’re the one who wanted to walk on the street. I should have left you and your shortness behind.”

“You did,” I said looking at him. “Besides. I’m a normal person. I was just doing what a normal person does.”

“But you’re not married to a normal person,” said Min Ho roughly turning the car.

Married. The word made me pause. That’s why we were even having this conversation. Just because we were married in front of Grandfather and Min Ho’s family, did that change me from who I was?

“So?”

“So that means you have to be careful from now on,” said Min Ho glancing at me briefly when we stopped at a red light. “What you do doesn’t just affect you now. It affects me, SHINee and on a larger scale, SM Entertainment.”

“How are they going to know?”

“You think that all that the fans did was following us? Someone must have taken a picture,” said Min Ho before noticing the worried look on my face. “Of course I’ll have to make up some excuse but you can’t say anything to anyone.”

“Who would I tell? Psh,” I mumbled.

“You can’t even bring anything up that may relate to it to Jong Hyun Hyung either.”

“You think I might let it slip?”

“Maybe?”

“Why? Because I’m Stupid?”

“What? You know what… nevermind.”

I looked out the window.

“Besides I don’t talk about things like this with him,” I said mainly to myself.

“Then what do you talk about?” Asked Min Ho after a minute of silence.

“Just drive.”

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

“Who thought that Min Ho would get into a scandal,” said Jong Hyun sitting down on the couch.

“True. I thought it would be you with your new student or something,” said Key sitting down next to Jong Hyun.

“She’s just a friend,” said Jong Hyun quickly.

“Friend my foot,” said Key. I resisted the urge to cough.

“I agree,” said Tae Min sitting down next to me. “Min Ho Hyung. You’ve noticed how Jong Hyun Hyung’s changed after he met Sang Dae, right?”

“It’s very suspicious,” said Key nudging Jong Hyun with his foot before turning back to me. “So who was the girl?”

“Who?” I asked a little confused.

“The girl with you last night,” said Jong Hyun.

“I told you. She’s one of Omma’s nieces,” I said trying to keep my voice level.

“That is not a truthful Confession. Stop lying,” said Key looking unconvinced. “You can tell us the truth, right? Come on.”

“It’s the truth,” I insisted. “Last night Omma wanted to have dinner with her before she left for the States. You can ask Krystal. She went out to dinner with a friend at that restaurant too.”

“Really? I thought she went to find you,” said Tae Min looking confused.

“Find me?”

“I still don’t believe you,” said Key crossing his arms.

“Mm,” said Tae Min. “She called to ask where you were when we were leaving the recording studio and then asked which restaurant you had gone to with your mom. So I told her that it was The One that you usually go to.”

Onew walked in with a box of chicken. “Hey guys look! Chicken.”

So Krystal didn’t come to eat with her friend? Then, why did she lie about it?

“Ah, really. Who was she?” Asked Key poking me.

“Just my cousin,” I said distractedly, still thinking of Krystal.

“Mm, tasty.”

“Wait now that I think about,” mumbled Tae Min to himself. “How did she know that you weren’t with us after the recording was done?”

“Ah,” said Key wiggling with curiosity. “Just tell me.”

“Oh chicken, oh chicken.”

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Krystal POV:

“Krystal. Wake up,” said Sulli shaking my shoulder.

“I don’t want to,” I said rolling over and pulling my blankets over my head.

I didn’t have a busy schedule today so why wasn’t Sulli leaving me alone. Besides, I slept late last night. I still couldn’t figure out what was wrong with Min Ho’s mom. What was wrong about asking to date her son?

He already liked me. I knew that much. Even when the other SHINee members ignored me, he still took care of me, right? Didn’t that mean he liked me? He even ignored that loser for me at the Etude House commercial shoot.

I still had a hard time believing that his mom was thinking of an arranged marriage for Min Ho in this century. Times had changed. I wonder if Min Ho knew what his mother was planning for him later in life. Wait Min Ho. I had to call him and ask why he didn’t come back to the restaurant last night.

“Yah. Wake up already,” said Sulli shaking my shoulder one last time before heading out of the room.

I rolled back over and slowly pulled myself up into a sitting position. I would call him after I was properly awake. Pushing the blankets off me, I shivered at the sudden cold before swinging my legs off the bed and putting my feet into my slippers. I slowly shuffled out of my room.

“Really? It says that?” Asked Sulli peaking over Luna’s shoulder.

“What did SM release as a statement?” Asked Amber.

“They said he was with a cousin from his Omma’s side,” said Luna scrolling down on his laptop.

“Who? What?” I asked squinting at my group members. “Is it a scandal? Whose?”

I shuffled over to Sulli and linked my arm into hers. Using her as support, I looked at Luna’s laptop screen.

“When did you wake up?” Asked Amber sounding amused. “I’m on a break from a schedule. Oh wait. You don’t have much today right? Shouldn’t you go to school?”

Amber’s voice sounded distant as I stared. I could tell it was Min Ho just by profile even though the picture was blurry. There was a girl next to him. He was holding her hand as they were running away from the fans.

“I have already found a girl for Min Ho. I think it’s best if you stopped pursuing Min Ho from now on. Min Ho knows his responsibilities as my son.”

It wasn’t his cousin. Last night, Min Ho definitely left to meet the girl that his Omma was talking about. That’s why his Omma was so happy.

“This can’t be happening,” I said in disbelief.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

Before Haitus:

Yay for double updates! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. :) Please let me know what you think by commenting. If you are a new reader, please subscribe for more. :)

And now a little surprise. If you read these last two chapters carefully, you'll realize that there were a few parts that were a little off. Hidden in these last two chapters are eleven song titles by SS501 (there are five in Chapter 11 and six in this chapter).Now! The interesting bit. The first two people who find the song titles and can name them will get the next chapter before everyone else. So, basically to summarize, find song titles, message me/post on my wall and get the next chapter early. :D And I'll give you something to start off with. The first song is "Distance" which is a Japanese song by SS501. Good luck and goodnight!

-----------------------------------------------------

After Haitus:

I can't believe I wrote this... And now SS301 is back!