Dinner

Secret Bride

Krystal POV:

By the time we finally got through the crowds in the airport and into the van I was tired of smiling for the cameras. I crashed into the seat.

“We just got back. I would like a bit of piece,” I said fanning myself.

“We’ve been gone for two weeks. I like that they find time to come welcome us. It’s sweet,” said Luna settling into her own seat.

I tried not to roll my eyes. Luna was always like that. How could she be so outgoing? I decided to ignore my members and put in my earphones. I pulled out my phone.

To Min Ho Oppa:

Oppa! I reached!

From Min Ho Oppa:

When did you reach?

To Min Ho Oppa:

Just now.

From Min Ho Oppa:

How was your trip?

To Min Ho Oppa:

It was good but it’s even better to be home. What are you doing?

From Min Ho Oppa:

We’re in the middle of recording ‘Why So Serious?’ for our next album. Onew Hyung is recording his parts.

To Min Ho Oppa:

Oppa. I have something to ask you. Can I come to the studio?

From Min Ho Oppa:

I don’t think so. I’ll meet you afterwards instead.

Aish. The recording would take at least another few hours. I would get to see him around dinner time. Why couldn’t our schedules be more similar?

To Min Ho Oppa:

I’ll wait for you after your recording is done.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Sang Dae POV:

Min Ho’s mom parked the car.

“I was thinking to take you two out for dinner,” said Min Ho’s mom turning to me.

“Dinner?” I asked taking off my seatbelt. “Today?”

“I’m leaving in the morning for the states. I would like to treat you and Min Ho. You’re taking such good care of me.”

“Actually,” I said looking down at my hands. “I would love to eat dinner with you, but I have a late meeting with a few students about the school magazine.”

“Oh, really? I should have checked earlier,” said Min Ho’s mom disappointed before turning back to me. “Why don’t you just join us after your meeting? Min Ho and I can just go to the restaurant first. How does that sound?”

“Um… I suppose we could do that,” I said giving a small smile.

I knew protesting would do no good. One way or the other, she would find a way to get us to have dinner together. It wouldn’t be hard having dinner with Min Ho’s mother, but Min Ho?

“Good,” said Min Ho’s mother clapping her hands together excitedly. “I’ll see you at the restaurant. Don’t come too late.”

“I won’t,” I said before opening the door and getting out of the car. I waved as she pulled away.

“Who was that?” Asked a voice from behind me.

I spun around and breathed a sigh of relief. It was only Kim Shin Young, a girl from my English class. We had to work together for a group assignment last week.

“Ah, that? Just an Ahjumma I know from my hometown. She came to visit me since I live alone,” I said starting to walk towards class. Shin Young walked next to me.

“You live alone?” Asked Shin Young

I nodded. “It just worked out like that.”

“Wow, I could never live by myself. I’ve always lived with my parents. Where do your parents live?”

“They passed away,” I said slowly.

“I’m sorry,” said Shin Young immediately.

“It’s okay,” I said trying to smile before changing the subject. “So you lived in Seoul your entire life?”

“Yes,” said Shin Young nodding. “You’re going to the meeting right?”

“Mm,” I said nodding. “But I think I have to leave a little early.”

“Why?”

“Om- I mean… Ahjumma is leaving tomorrow so she wants to treat me out to dinner before she leaves,” I said hoping that Shin Young didn’t catch my mistake.

“That should be fine. If there’s anything you miss, I’ll tell you in class tomorrow.”

“That sounds good,” I said smiling. Shin Young was nice.

“Let’s go,” said Shin Young smiling warmly.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Krystal POV:

Aish. Why was it taking so long? I checked my phone for any new messages or missed calls. Nothing. I leaned back in the seat. I had finally gotten my driving license and my parents got me a new car too. So where the heck was Min Ho? He should have finished by now. Maybe he was waiting for s. Aish. Someone should put some Distance between them so that I could get more time with him.

Seeing movement I sat up. I ducked seeing only three members and their manager. Maybe Min Ho was coming out with Tae Min. I looked back at the door. It opened!

“Wait for me!” Exclaimed Tae Min In A Rush as he ran out the door.

He caught up with the other members who had already reached their van. All four got into the van and the engine started. Wait what about Min Ho?

I quickly grabbed my phone and scrolled through my contacts before finding Tae Min’s number.

“Yah,” I said the moment he picked up. “Where’s Min Ho Oppa?”

“Min Ho Hyung?” Asked Tae Min. “Why?”

“How come he’s not with you?”

“How’d you know?” Asked Tae Min surprised.

“Just answer.”

“His mom’s in Seoul so he went to have dinner with her and left early,” said Tae Min confused.

“Where?”

“Hyung, where did Min Ho say he was going with his mom?” I heard Tae Min ask.

“Didn’t he go to the place he always goes whenever his mom is in town? What was that restaurant, again? I don’t remember the name,” said Onew in the background.

“Why? Who’s asking?” Asked Jong Hyun. Aish. That loser.

“Krystal’s-“

I cut the call. I got all the information that I needed. I my car engine before backing out of the parking space.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

“Sang Dae said that she would be late but I didn’t expect it to take this long,” said Omma looking worried. “Maybe you should go pick her up from school.”

“I’m sure she’ll get here in a few minutes. Besides, you know how she gets about school. She even insisted on going to school until the day before the wedding,” I said trying to be reassuring.

Omma’s frown deepened.

“Omma,” I said changing the subject. “Our new album will be out soon. We just finished recording our title song.”

“That’s good,” said Omma smiling. “Maybe I should pre-order a CD.”

“I’ll just give you one. Why should you pay when you can get one for free?”

“It’s my son’s hard work. Of course I can’t just get it for free,” said Omma with a twinkle in her eye. “Besides, what will others think of me? You won’t let me look like a stingy person, will you?”

“Okay, okay,” I said, smiling, knowing that I had lost.

“Omo! Min Ho Oppa,” said a voice from behind me.

I started and turned around.

“It is you!” Exclaimed Krystal.

“Oh, Krystal. How’d you get here?” I asked suddenly remembering that I had told Krystal that I would meet her after the recording.

“Oh, I heard from Tae Min that you already left so I decided to have dinner with someone else but it seems like they are getting late,” said Krystal frowning slightly before continuing on brightly. “Who knew that I would pick the same restaurant that you would? So interesting to Find you here.”

“Who is this?” Asked Omma finally speaking up.

“Oh! Ommoni! Anyeonghasaeyo. I’m Jung Krystal,” said Krystal introducing herself.

“She’s the maknae from SHINee’s opposite group, F(x),” I explained noticing the Warning sign in her eyes whenever she was displeased by something or someone.

“Oh, really? Then you must be a friend of my Min Ho,” said Omma finally smiling, although I could tell it was a little forced.

“Of course,” said Krystal laughing.

“Well, a young lady like you should go home instead of eating alone by herself,” said Omma.

“Oh no. My friend will be here soon,” said Krystal quickly. “Do you mind if I join you until they come? I have always wanted to meet you Ommoni.”

“Well I suppose you can until they come,” said Omma slowly.

“Really?”

Krystal immediately went to the other side of the table and sat down in the seat next to me. Omma frowned slightly.

“Min Ho,” said Omma returning her attention back to me. “Maybe you should see if S-“

“Omma. I’ll call your friend,” I said quickly, emphasizing the word friend.

I glanced at Krystal who seemed a little startled by my outburst. Even though Krystal was my friend, no one from my Agency could know about my relationship with Sang Dae. It would be even worse if Krystal saw Sang Dae with me and then saw her later with Jong Hyun.

“I’ll be right back,” I said standing up. I smiled at Krystal before walking towards the exit. I turned back to send a pleading look to Omma who nodded just ever so slightly.

I pulled out my phone and quickly dialed Sang Dae’s number.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Sang Dae POV:

‘I’m leaving,’ I mouthed at Shin Young before getting up from my seat. She gave me a small wave. Teacher Park nodded when he saw me get up and start walking to the door. I had told him before hand and he had said that it would be no problem. He was even willing to tell me what I missed. Now that I had two people who said they would tell me what I missed, I could leave early.

The contest, for getting into the School Magazine crew, seemed interesting. The contestants would have to submit a creative writing piece, a news article, a gossip article/entertainment piece and pictures. Then from there, the contestants would be judged overall as well as in the individual categories before the winners were accepted.

I was looking forward to it all. I already had a few ideas on what I could do.

I pulled out my phone to let Ommoni know that I was on my way. I was surprised to see 17 missed calls from her. That’s right. My phone had been on silent the entire meeting. Ommoni must have worried when I didn’t pick up. Feeling guilty my finger hovered over the call button before my phone starting ringing. I looked to see that it was Min Ho who was calling me.

“Hello?” I answered.

I sat down on the bench at the bus stand. Which bus was I supposed to get on again?

“Where are you?” Asked Min Ho sounding a little out of breath.

“Me? I’m at the bus stand in front of school. Tell Ommoni not to worry. I’ll be there soon. Oh! I see the bus,” I said standing up.

“No! Don’t get on the bus!”

“Huh? Why?” I asked confused.

“Just wait there. I’ll come and get you,” said Min Ho before cutting the call.

“Hello. Hello? Aish,” I said sitting back down on the bench. What was that babo up to now? I just hoped that I didn’t have to wait Until Forever.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Krystal POV:

“You are going to the States? I haven’t been there for a while,” I said smiling. “Where are you going?”

“It’s for business,” said Min Ho’s mom shortly.

Aish. Why was this Ahjumma being so cold? She seemed so bright when she was talking to Min Ho earlier.

“Oh really,” I said trying to keep my smile in place.

Where did Min Ho go? I thought he went to make a phone call. It had already been a few minutes. Maybe he went to go pick up his mom’s friend. Yes. That was probably it. That meant I probably had more than a few minutes left with his mom.

“Ommoni,” I said speaking up again when the silence seemed to drag. “Actually I have something I would like to ask you.”

“What is it?” Asked Min Ho’s mom looking disinterested.

“In times like this, don’t you think that women can be more forward?”

No response. I breathed out quickly before continuing. Min Ho would thank me for this later. If he wasn’t going to be bold, I could be. It was the 21st Century after all.

“Actually, Min Ho Oppa is the nicest Oppa in the whole entertainment. He may not have told you but he does take good care of me. At first I thought it was strange, how nice he was, but now I realize he probably does it because he has feelings for me,” I said smiling when Min Ho’s mom looked my way.

“Look here. My Min Ho-“

“I actually came here tonight to ask your permission to date your son. It would be what Min Ho wants. Please approve of us.”

 

---------------------------------------------------

Hello my dear readers! I first meant to update on Wednesday but I got caught up with watching Gap Dong Yi and Hotel King. Then I was going to update yesterday, but I thought it would be better if I update today. Why? Because it's SS501's 9th Anniversary! Yay! Yes, I am a big SS501 fan. I even started a facebook group for SS501 fans in India. SS501 is my favorite group even if they're not exactly active together at the current moment. But don't worry! My favorite active group is SHINee. :D

Anyways, the good news it that this is a double update so the next chapter should be up in a few minutes. :D