One Room, One Bed... Again

Secret Bride

Sang Dae POV:

Someone started banging on the door. I looked up from my book. It’s not like any of my neighbors knew me. Frowning I took off my earphones and got up from the table. As I came closer to the door I heard someone shouting my name, someone who sounded like... Min Ho?

“What?” I asked opening the door after making sure it was him through the intercom.

“Why didn’t you answer your phone?” Asked Min Ho barging in. I rolled my eyes and closed the door.

“My phone is right here,” I said taking it out of my pocket as Min Ho hurried around the apartment. “Oh! It’s on silent. I forgot to return it back to normal after class. Either way, couldn’t you have just unlocked the door rudely like last time?”

“I forgot the keys,” said Min Ho opening the fridge. “We need new ingredients right? Write me a list so I can go get them.”

“What are you doing?” I finally asked feeling confused.

“Don’t just stand there. Do something! Clean!”

“Why?” I asked folding my arms.

“My Omma’s coming,” said Min Ho opening the cupboards. “That’s what’s happening.”

“You’re Omma’s coming? So what? What’s wrong with that?”

“She’s made up her mind to stay with us.”

“By us don’t you mean me?”

“No, I mean both of us,” said Min Ho opening the door to the guest room.

“You can’t stay here,” I said slightly panicking.

“When my Omma makes up her mind about something, she does it. Have you not noticed that although she’s sweet, she’s quite stubborn? We are not getting out of this,” said Min Ho. “Quickly, let’s clean this room.”

“When is she coming?” I asked giving up. I knew what he meant. Through the wedding preparations, I had to give into everything she wanted except the location. I put my foot down there and thankfully she understood and Grandfather did intervene a little bit.

“In 40 minutes.”

My jaw almost fell onto the floor.

“What?” I exclaimed, really panicking now. I rushed to the table and picked up all my books in my arms and ran back into my room to put them back.

“Text me a list of all the things we need,” said Min Ho opening the door to the apartment. “I’ll go to the store quickly and get them.”

“We need food!” I exclaimed running to the fridge to harshly jerk it open. I took out my phone and started listing things.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

“Sang Dae,” said Min Ho’s Omma. I looked up from my plate. “This cake is really good. Your Omma must have been a good cook to have taught you so well.”

I smiled. “Thank you.”

My Omma had been a really good cook.

“Omma,” said Min Ho smiling at her. “How long will you stay?”

I had to stop myself from shaking my head. How was it that the moment his Omma appeared, Min Ho had turned into a big baby? The moment she took notice of anything else, he’d bring her attention back to him.

“Just until Wednesday,” she said smiling back.

Yes, this is how things had been when we were younger. Min Ho would open his eyes wide and do aegyo in front of his Omma who would return all her attention back to her youngest son. Of course he never did any of that when his father was around, but the moment he left, the switch would turn on.

“You can’t stay longer?” Asked Min Ho.

I felt like kicking him under the table. Had he lost his mind? Was he asking to die? If I had to be stuck in this apartment with all this going on for the next two days, I’d get physically sick. He was asking her to stay longer?

“I can’t my flight leaves on Wednesday for the States. I came early to spend time with my baby and of course Sang Dae,” she said turning back to me. “You don’t mind do you?”

“Of course not,” I said.

Of course staying with just her would have been just fine. It was Min Ho that I would rather have leave. Where was he even going to sleep?

“It’s getting late,” I said putting down my fork before looking at Min Ho. “Min Ho should go back to the dorm.”

“He’s sleeping here isn’t he?” Asked Min Ho’s mom surprised.

“Well, there are only two beds-“ I started.

“Nonsense. You two can share a bed,” she said smiling before getting up from the table. “Now, I should wash up.”

I sighed when she left to put the plates in the sink. I had a feeling that she would say that. The wedding night, I had been too tired to say anything and had just gone off to sleep. Tonight, there was no way the same mistake would happen.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

“You can sleep on this,” said Sang Dae putting down blankets on the floor.

“I have a song recording tomorrow. I can’t sleep on the floor.”

“It’s my bed,” said Sang Dae glaring at me.

“Why?” I asked sitting down on her bed. “Are you afraid something might happen again?”

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about that morning.”

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

*Flashback*

It was definitely morning. I could hear people walking and talking outside in the hallway. Reaching my right hand up, I rubbed my eyes. I frowned when I realized that my left arm wasn’t moving. Confused, I slowly opened my eyes, wincing at the morning sun’s light that filled the room. Looking down I noticed an arm on me.

“What the…“

That wasn’t my arm. Looking in the direction of my arm, I noticed a bunch of dark brown colored hair instead. I tried sitting up and failed. The arm around my torso was wrapped tightly. At last I realized that the dark brown hair was attached to a head that was weighing my arm down. Sang Dae snuggled closer. Wait! Did I just use the word snuggle?

“Na Sang Dae,” I said poking her forehead with my index finger. “What are you doing?”

She didn’t reply. Seriously, she couldn’t still be asleep could she?

“Yah, get off me,” I said using more force as I tried to push her away.

“Mm,” said Sang Dae looking like she was finally waking up. After a moment, she looked around, a pout on her face. She looked up and noticed me. “What the-“

Sang Dae quickly rolled away from me.

“Yah! What the heck were you trying to do to me?” Exclaimed Sang Dae clinging to the blankets.

*End of Flashback*

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

 

“I thought you were someone else,” said Sang Dae angrily. “Just. Can you sleep on the floor for now?”

“Who did you think I was?” I asked curiously.

“None of your business.”

“Why were you dreaming about Jong Hyun?” I asked a hint of anger in my voice.

“Yes. So you can imagine my disappointment.”

I frowned.

“Nope. I’m going to sleep here,” I said pulling the covers and lying down.

“Yah! I told you to sleep on the floor.”

“I don’t want to. Why don’t you sleep on the floor?”

“It’s my bed,” said Sang Dae before opening the closet.

“What are you doing?” I asked turning around to see what she was doing.

She pulled out two large teddy bears and placed them on the bed.

“What are you doing?” I asked confused.

“This is the barrier,” said Sang Dae arranging the bears in between us before climbing into bed.

“I don’t have enough space with them here,” I said sitting up and complaining. I reached over to pick one up.

“Don’t touch them,” said Sang Dae glaring at me. “They’re from my Omma and they will remain as a barrier.”

With that she turned her back to me.

I was sorely tempted to remove them. Sighing, I lied back down on the bed. I shifted a few times as I tried to find a comfortable position, almost falling off the bed a few times.

“Aish,” I said sitting up and glaring at Sang Dae who was sleeping peacefully. How in the world did she even fall asleep that fast? “That’s it.”

I got out of bed and pulled the teddy bears out of Sang Dae’s grasp and placed them back in the closet. When I came back to bed I saw that Sang Dae was shivering. I frowned before covering her with the blanket and getting back into bed. Sang Dae immediately moved closer.

“Yah,” I said pushing her away. For a minute she was still before coming back. “Not again!”

She didn’t respond other than to snuggle closer to me, her head buried against my chest. I couldn’t even move backwards knowing that I’d fall off the bed.

“Yah,” I said poking her forehead. “Stay on your side of the bed.”

To make matters worse, she put her arm around my waist… again. I sighed before pulling it off and pushing her away before trying to sleep. The moment I got comfortable Sang Dae was once again sticking to my side. Suddenly I felt the front of my shirt get wet.

“Don’t tell me you drool,” I said trying to sit up, which was impossible with Sang Dae’s heavy head on me. That’s when I noticed that she was crying. Then I noticed that she was still shivering and seemed to be mumbling something. I frowned. Was she having a nightmare?

“Omma,” cried Sang Dae audibly. “Omma. Don’t go. Please!”

“Yah, Sang Dae,” I said feeling worried. I shook her shoulder with my free hand. “Sang Dae? Wake up.”

“Omma. Don’t leave me,” said Sang Dae shivering uncontrollably next to me even though she felt warm. Worried I shook her shoulder harder.

“Sang Dae wake up. You’re having a nightmare.”

“Omma!” Shouted Sang Dae, loudly, sitting up.

I pretended to be asleep. Sang Dae breathed heavily, sobbing as she awoke from whatever nightmare she had been having. Her hands brushed against me once or twice as she seemed to search for something. She got out of bed before opening the closet door. She probably got out the teddy bears that I had put away.

When I didn’t feel her get back into bed, I turned and opened my eyes just a little bit to see her. Sang Dae was sitting in a chair by the window, clutching the teddy bear tightly. I could hear her sobbing as she buried her head against the teddy bear.

I frowned.  Why did I get the feeling that what I had just seen was something more than just a simple nightmare? It wasn’t like I could get out of bed and ask her what was wrong or comfort her in anyways. I finally fell asleep listening to her trying to calm herself down.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Jong Hyun POV:

“Hyung,” said Tae Min waving his hand in front of my face.

“Huh?” I asked looking up at him.

“What are you thinking about?” Asked Tae Min sitting down next to me. “I had to call you a few times before you answered.”

“Oh, nothing,” I said sitting up in my seat.

“We’re here,” said Key getting into the car. Onew followed him in.

“Where’s Min Ho?” I asked looking around confused as the van pulled away from our dorm.

“He didn’t come back last night. Didn’t you notice?” Asked Key.

“No,” I said shaking my head.

I had a late dinner with my family last night when my schedules finished. Afterwards I had hung out with my sister. I had come back to the dorm late enough not to have thought about anything else except for sleep.

“His Omma came to visit so he staying with her until Wednesday,” said Onew. “Don’t worry; he said he’ll be on time for the schedules.”

I nodded. I wondered what Sang Dae was up to today. Maybe, when the day progressed, I should call her casually or maybe even better text her. That's what I should do. Onew and Key both put on headphones as they listened to music. I was about to do the same when I noticed Tae Min staring at me.

“What?” I asked feeling uncomfortable.

“Hyung,” said Tae Min leaning closer.

“What?” I asked leaning away.

“Do you like Sang Dae?”

“M-me l-l-like… n-no,” I said stuttering at the sudden question. What kind of a question was that? Where did that come from? Of course I didn’t.

“Then why are you so nice to her?”

“Nice? When was I nice to her?”

“You decided to teach her about Kpop just randomly one day. Then you brought her to meet the rest of the members during your birthday party. And,” said Tae Min pausing. “You smile whenever you talk or think about her.”

“When did I? I wasn’t thinking about her.”

“Then what were you thinking about just now?”

“I just remembered that F(x) is coming back today from New Zealand.”

“You are happy that F(x) is coming back. That’s why you were smiling?”

“Yes,” I said trying to look out the window and away from Tae Min’s inquisition.

“You’re happy that Krystal is coming back?” Asked Tae Min making a face.

“What? No!” I exclaimed turning back to him horrified. “I would rather have it that she was forbidden to come back to Korea. If only I had a way to get her on the ban list. I’d do it.”

“Then why are you glad that F(x) is coming back?”

I stumbled mentally for a reason. I was happy because…

“A-Amber!” I exclaimed snapping my fingers. “That’s right! Amber is coming back today. You know how much I like Amber. She’s almost like my real sibling.”

Tae Min shook his head sadly at me.

“What?” I asked glaring at him.

“Just face it Hyung,” sad Tae Min taking out his earphones from his backpack. “You like Sang Dae.”

“I don’t,” I muttered as Tae Min turned away from me. “Seriously, I don’t.”

I didn’t like Sang Dae. I had only known her for a week. It’s not like you can like someone that fast. Can you?

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yah! Update as planned! Hehe... sorry... the title is a bit weird and provocative but I've been reading angst and lots of swearing and I've been in this really weird mood and... I really like Min Ho's Omma. :) I hope you guys do too. :) Sorry that was random... wasn't it?

ANYWAYS... moving on... if you like my little story, please comment or subscribe or both. :) Let me know what you guys think. K?

Oh, and are any of you watching Doctor Stranger? Hehe... I really like that drama... except I can't watch it whenever I want because my sisters want to watch it too... Bleh. Sorry... just ranting. Have a good day! :D And I'm sorry I at Author Notes...