Wedding Day

Secret Bride

THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!

---------------------------------~---------------------------------

 

Min Ho POV:

I had heard that wedding mornings were hectic. I shook my head as I heard people running back and forth outside my room door. I thought that at least because it was a private and very, very closed wedding, things would be less chaotic.

When I couldn’t ignore the noise anymore, I finally rolled out of bed. I stretched as I walked towards the room door. Just as I was about to put my hand on the door knob the door swung open; I jumped to get out of the way.

“Min Ho,” said Omma panicking. “Sang Dae’s gone!”

“Where?” I asked my brain still not fully operational.

“That’s what! We don’t know where!” Exclaimed Omma. “Grandfather still doesn’t know. If he knows, he’ll have a heart attack. What do we do? What do we do?”

“When did they realize she was missing?” I asked starting to get worried.

“Ahjumma went to go wake her up around 6 to get her ready but she had already left by then. Her bike is missing as well,” said mom clinging to my arm for support. “What do we do Min Ho?”

“I’ll go look for her,” I said putting on a coat. “If she’s taken her bike, I’ll go into town and look for her there. You keep looking for her around here.”

I ran out the door and got into my car. During the drive into town, I tried to think of where she could have gone. She couldn’t have run away. She wrote the contract and signed it. If she hadn’t run away, where was she?

I checked at the train station but she wasn’t there. I drove around the rest of the town but didn’t find her. Suddenly I spotted her near the other side of town. She was walking slowly next to her bike. Her hair was untidy and she didn’t even have proper shoes on. I made a u-turn and drove up to her.

“Yah,” I said rolling down the window to the passenger’s seat. “Na Sang Dae.”

She continued without looking at me.

“Na Sang Dae,” I said continuing next to her. “Sang Dae?”

Still no response. What was with this girl? Was she ignoring me on purpose?

“Oi, deaf girl,” I said getting irritated. “Is your bike magical or something? It’s like whenever you have it you can’t hear a thing I say.”

I stopped the car and got out. Going up to her I grabbed her bike. She continued to hold on to it.

“Let go,” I said forcefully taking the bike from her.

I took the bike, opened the back of my car and put it in. I turned back to Sang Dae only to see that she had continued walking. I sighed before running to catch up with her. I grabbed her arm.

“Get in the car,” I said. She yanked her arm from my grip and continued walking. “Aish. If you do this, I’ll just leave you here. It’s not like I care about what happens to you. It’s your grandfather who will have a heart attack if he finds out that you’re missing.”

I put my hands on my hips hoping she would turn around. She continued walking. I ran until I stood in front of her. It was only then did I realize that she had tear stains on her cheek.

“Are you crying?” I asked surprised. She ducked her head. “You are!”

Sang Dae turned around and walked away from me.

“Why are you crying?”

She continued to the car, opened the door and sat down.

“Of course, now you get into the car,” I said sarcastically.

“If you aren’t going to drive, I’ll drive,” said Sang Dae sighing.

“Yah,” I said getting worried as she tried to move into the driver’s seat. “What are you doing? Do you even know how to drive?”

She stopped and shrugged. “No.”

 “I’m coming,” I said running around to the driver’s side, getting in and starting the car. “Crazy person. What were you even planning to do if you don’t even know how to drive? I don’t understand what goes on in that brain of yours. Are you even a little bit smart?”

I turned to look at Sang Dae who went back to ignoring me, her head resting against the window. I sighed before calling Omma to let her know that I found Sang Dae.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Sang Dae POV:

The moment we reached back home, the Ahjummas took me back to my room. I quickly showered before sitting down on a chair where they all took turns turning me from my current state into something that resembled a bride.

My nail polish, which had been done last night, had to be re-done due to my morning stroll. My hair had to be re-washed, dried and styled. They also put make up on me, something that I never did myself having never bothered with that stuff. I think it was more so out of need to cover up the fact that I looked like the living dead due to my lack of sleep than to make me look pretty.

Then there was the jewelry. The Ahjummas had bought it as a wedding present for me. Low, white platform heels, that I had to practice with for a week before hand, were slipped onto my feet. Finally it was time to put the dress on. I stood still as it was lowered onto my body and fitted.

Through the entire process everyone else talked around me. I wasn’t able to say a word. I felt as though I was no longer in my body but watching from above. All the things they were doing seemed pointless.

By ten o’clock I was ready, physically more than mentally. I still felt like I was in a daze, unable to do anything. The Ahjummas had helped me get to the wedding area unscathed.

Grandfather, although he was sick, slowly, slowly walked me down the short aisle before sitting down, exhausted. I watched the wedding proceed as if I was watching everything from above. Most of the time my attention went to Grandfather, I barely glanced at Min Ho. Before I knew it, the rings were exchanged and our vows were said.

“I know pronounce you husband and wife,” said the priest, Grandfather insisted on a priest. “You may now kiss the bride.”

I blinked. Kiss the bride? This didn’t happen in the rehearsal wedding. I looked at Grandfather who, along with the rest of the audience, looked at us expectantly. Suddenly Min Ho put his hand on the back of my neck, bent down and placed a small kiss on my lips.

Like magic, I was slammed back into my body. My senses returned to me.

“Yah!” I exclaimed angrily before kicking Min Ho’s leg. The crowd burst into laughter.

Min Ho muffled a howl and grabbed his leg where I had kicked him. I turned to give him a glare before picking up the train of my dress and storming down the aisle.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

Min Ho POV:

I took my place at the front as soon as the wedding march tune started. I knew that the groom was supposed to look at the bride as she came down the aisle but how was he supposed to know when she was coming? Maybe there was a reason for rehearsal weddings, except, I never attended mine.

Was Sang Dae coming? When was I supposed to turn? I heard the noise of people standing behind me. Do I turn now? I looked at the priest confused who motioned for me to turn. I nodded and turned to only stop when I found Sang Dae.

When I last saw her, she looked like this unruly being that had crawled out of the earth. Now I could only stare. Someone had gotten her hair out of a ponytail and put make up on her, which I don’t think Sang Dae ever did. She looked, she looked…

“You may be seated,” said the priest.

During the wedding, I kept staring at her hoping she would look back. Instead, Sang Dae only looked at Grandfather, the priest and the crowd once in a while. During our vows Sang Dae was looking my direction but it didn’t seem like she was looking at me.

“You may now kiss the bride,” said the priest closing his book.

I think Sang Dae was just as surprised as I was. I never remembered being told anything about this. I looked at Omma who pointed back to Sang Dae. I looked down at Sang Dae who was once again, looking at Grandfather.

“You may kiss the bride,” said the priest again, more so to me than anyone else.

Not knowing what else to do, I reached my hand up and placed it at Sang Dae’s nape. I bent down, closed my eyes and kissed her.

“Yah!” Exclaimed Sang Dae angrily before kicking my leg. My eyes opened and I tried not to shout as pain shot through my leg. I grabbed my injured leg as the crowd began laughing. Sang Dae glared at me before picking up the folds of her dress and walking away.

“Ow,” I said rubbing where she kicked. What beauty? I think I must have temporarily lost my mind. I forgot that Sang Dae was Sang Dae. Stupid, stupid. Rule number one for this marriage, Sang Dae was always Sang Dae and I should never forget that. I vowed that I would get back at her some way.

- - - - - - o - - - - - -

By the time the wedding festivities were over, I was tired. There were pictures that had to be taken. Cake had to be cut. Lunch had to be eaten. Flowers had to be thrown. Ceremonial dinner for the newlyweds had to be eaten. And now, they were forcing us to share a room together.

It was the perfect time for my revenge. I let Sang Dae use the bathroom first. When she came out, she continued to ignore me like she had for the rest of the day. I almost started laughing remembering the reason she was mad at me. I couldn’t believe a girl her age had yet to have had her first kiss. Yet, I her evil husband had stolen it. I smiled gleefully before entering the bathroom. I got ready as usual however, before I came back out, I took off my shirt.

I exited the bathroom and walked over to my suitcase. I could imagine the look of horror on Sang Dae’s face. She was probably trying not to look.

“Don’t mind,” I said trying to act casual. “I usually sleep like this.”

I waited for her reply. She was quiet. Oh, so now she was pretending not to see anything. I felt victorious as I turned around. She had her back to me.

“Sang Dae,” I said advancing towards the bed. She didn’t move; I frowned. “Sang Dae?”

When I finally got to her side of the bed I saw that her eyes were closed. I walked forward and touched her shoulder before gently shaking her. She made an incoherent noise before turning onto her other side.

“Sang Dae?”

“Two more minutes Omma,” she finally mumbled.

I felt crushed. I went back to my side of the bed and sat down. Sang Dae was fast asleep. Min Ho 0; Sang Dae 2. Revenge level: failure.

 

------------------------------

Finally, a double update for my subscribers! I hope you like it! Again, please subscribe and comment. Please, pretty please comment so that I can know what you are thinking. Again, Thank You!