Learning the ropes

My Bodyguard is a jerk
Tiffany and Krystal sat down on a bench under a tree. It's lunch time but the two friends just found time to gossip. "I totally nailed it." Krystal said proudly.

Tiffany mused. "Really? How did it happened?" She was dejected she missed out on the fun because she had been confined in the house the weekend before.

Krystal did her infamous hair flip, something she does to attract attention. "At first the idiot called me a child. I gave him the shock of his life when I dressed up, looking adult-like and his jaws dropped. He can't keep his eyes off me now." She giggled.

Tiffany laughed. Krystal has always been too hard to resist. "I didn't have much progress on my part apart from the fact that he helped me with my school work on his terms." She said sullenly.

Krystal gasped. "The camera thing didn't work?"

Tiffany shook her head. "It didn't."

Krystal tap a finger on her lips in an attempt to build up another master plan. "Don't you dare worry about a single thing, Krystal will take care of everything."

Tiffany beamed, suddenly feeling optimistic. "Don't I know it?"

* * *

in his room that night Jongin had a group chat with the boys. "I don't think that is a good idea." Jongin grumbled for the umpteenth time.

"No one asked for your opinion about this, just letting you know is all and I thought Hyun Joong is the coward." Jung min said accusingly.

Jongin sighed. "She is still a child. I know Krystal isn't the smartest bean in a pod and a flirt, but she doesn't deserve to be toyed with."

"If you see how delectable she looked in that excuse of a dress you will have second thoughts, same as your twin." Chen said with a guffaw.

"And her sister is perfect." Jung min added.

Jongin puffed. He knew Jung min is a bad influence, Chen too when it comes to women issues. No doubt the two have brainwashed his brother, giving him ridiculous ideas. "You agree to this Hyun Joong?"

Hyun Joong could see the threatening look Jung min is giving him. "Uhmm...I like Krystal."

Jongin knew Hyun Joong is lying, he is just trying to be neutral. He isn't exactly worried for Krystal, he knew Hyun Joong doesn't have it in him to be inimical, especially towards women. But Jessica? She should flee from the devilish Park Jung min, oh he can be all charming but it's all a faux. "I don't want you guys getting into trouble." He said softly.

"Trouble? No way." Chen affirmed.

Now, that Chen is a troublemaker although he doesn't make it for himself, he makes it for others.

"Stuff it Chen," Jongin hissed.

"I heard that your assignment is an angel in disguise. How come I haven't seen her?" Jung min stiffled a chuckle.

Jongin bared his teeth. "Now don't even think of it. I ain't bringing her there anymore." He said protectively.

Jung min laughed. "Chill man, I didn't say I will try stealing her away from you. The girl is in your pocket and if she is like her friend, I see no reason why you shouldn't..."

Jongin cut him off. "I don't get personally involve with my assignments." As soon as he said that he remembered the kiss incident few days ago. Now is not the time to dwell on that. He shook his head as if to clear it.

"She is very pretty, I like her. She is warm and accommodating." Hyun Joong who had kept silent all along spoke up.

Jongin cleared his throat. "Whatever. Just don't involve me in your mess. Got to go." Without waiting for a reply he switched off his phone and threw it on the bedside table. Those guys sure know how to ruin one's perfect day.

* * *

Trouble is brewing, Jongin knows it. Thanks to Jung min and Hyun Joong he is looking at Tiffany weirdly nowadays. He told himself he is trying to find out if indeed she does look like an angel and trying to finger point at that 'warmth' and 'accommodation' Hyun Joong mentioned.

"What are you staring at?" Tiffany asked, dropping the pencil she had spent better time chewing.

The question brought him back to earth. Composing himself, he raised a brow. "Pardon?"

Tiffany bit on her bottom lip. "You are looking at me as if..." she caught his gaze on her lips, "do you like me Mr Kim?" She blurted out.

Jongin made a strangling sound and resisted clamping a hand on . Instead, he snorted. "Whatever gave you that obnoxious idea miss Hwang?"

Tiffany opened to say something but nothing came out. Of course there is no way the almighty Kim Jongin would be attracted to her. "Whatever," she said curtly.

Jongin slipped on his sunglass. He really should learn how to be discreet about his stares. At least he can hide behind the safety of his sunglass and overlooking someone is not a big deal right?