Stories To Tell

Never That Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What happened?" fany asked as soon as I walked through the door.

"He brought pizza over and we just talked. He tried kissing me and then I told him I'd go on a date with him." I said quickly as my cheeks turned red.

"Don't be embarrassed. I think it's cute~! Next time let him kiss you."

I gaped at her.

"No way. I don't kiss on the first date." I said.

"Oh please. You've had one night stands, don't lie. Those guys even said so. There is no shame in , jessi. Be proud."

I nodded my head, but my mind was processing the information. The guys I went on dates with said I slept with them? Is that why all these guys want to take me on dates? So that's I'd sleep with them?

I started to feel nauseated.

"I'm not feeling well. I need to go home." I said as I backed out of the room.

"jessi, wait!" She called, but I just ran.

I thought I was getting all of these dates because, for once, people liked me for who I was. But no, it was because they though I was a and they were going to get lucky.

Finally I made it to the grocery store and ran in. I grabbed some magazines, a tub of Ben and Jerry's and some candy. All of this was needed at this time. Especially the circus peanuts. Or that's what I kept telling myself.

I didn't even care that tears were streaming down my face. I was 24 years old. I could cry if I wanted to and not be ashamed. But I did hate the look of sympathy that people would give me.

Much like the person checking me out of the store is. She has a sad smile on and is talking to me. No one ever does that on a normal day.

But thanking her anyways, I left the store and loaded the groceries into the car. I locked it then scurried over to Starbucks. I really needed warmth. Peppermint mocha, here I come.

Opening the door, the sweet aroma of coffee hit me, and I was in heaven. There was a line of about four people, but I could wait. I came in at a busy hour and I was prepared to wait.

"jessica?"

I turned around to see yul coming through the doors. Oh joy.

"I thought you would be at." He stopped. "Have you been crying?" He finally asked.

"That's none of your business." I said and turned back around. I wasn't in the mood to be nice today.

"May I help you?" The lady at the register asked.

"Grande peppermint mocha, please." I said.

She nodded and punched in the numbers.

"Is that for here or to go?"

"Make that two, and for here." yul butted in and handed her a twenty.

"Yes, sir. They'll be right up. Please take a seat." She said then gave the order to the other workers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter