??

Never That Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I called off work today because I wanted to do somethings before tonight. tiffany didn't take it well because she still had to go in.

"What do you mean you're not coming in today?"

"I have to get things done before tonight." I said as i got into my car.

"Like what?" She said.

"Get a puppy." I stated simply.

"A, what? A puppy?! awe, what kind?"

"i'm not sure yet, but keep your cell on and i'll send you a picture."

"Okay, have fun." She said and hung up.

I drove down the street a little until I hit Vincennes. I knew they had a pet store down town on that street.

"Playful Puppies" was on the left, so I had to swing in fast with all the city traffic. But it was so worth it because I had only been in the store for like three minutes when I fell in love.

He looked like a husky but I found out he was an Alaskan Malamute. He was the littlest one there, being only seven weeks old. He had beautiful blue eyes with his white and grey fur. I pointed right to him.

"I want that one." I said and the lady nodded.

"He's a cutie. So you want a personalized name tag for him?"

"Oh yes." I said as she handed me the puppy. "His name's going to be hani." I said matter-of-factly as she finished up.

She handed me the silver collar that had a hint of green in it. His tag hung from it securely, and it was so cute, it looked like a dog bone. She also handed me a green leash and I bought dog food and a dog bowl. I was going to treat this puppy like he was my baby. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"You are the cutest puppy in the world, yes you are." I said as I played with hani. I had sent a picture to fany and now she wanted one. But she can barely take care of herself, so I told her she could always look after hani. Only for a couple hours though.

I told her it wasn't as easy as she thought. I had spent the whole day running around getting dog stuff, like toys and treats. But hani was so worth it. He followed me everywhere. He even sat in the bathroom as I took a shower. Perfect guard dog.

"hani, up here." I said and patted the bed. He tried jumping but he couldn't quite get up high enough, so I picked him up.

"Now stay here while I get ready." I said and walked into my closet to find the perfect dress.

I threw on my little black dress. It seemed safe enough. It reached my mid thigh and had 3/4 sleeves with a shimmer to them. It was my favorite dress but I felt that it was lacking, so I curled my hair, lined my lips with red lipstick, and threw on some red pumps. I was so ready to go.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter