Kwon Yul

Never That Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was the girl that everyone made fun of in high school because I read a lot. All the popular kids picked on me, and I hated them. Well, everyone except Kwon Yul. He was the only exception because I had a crush on him, and I used to tutor him. So I knew the real him; the one not surrounded by the populars. I dare say that that I think we could have even become friends, but it didn't happen. I helped him with biology, and then, when we stopped and he was back with the populars, he never made fun of me. Of course, he never really stood up for me either, but it was still a start.

But that was seven years ago and i'm over it. I'm now a nurse in Soshi town and my life is great. I never had to see those people after graduation. Or so I thought.

"Hey, jessi, you have a noon appointment!" My friend, fany yelled.

"Okay! I'm going now, thanks." I called to her as I picked up the chart and entered the room. 

"Good morning, what brings you in today." I say as I raise my eyes up from the chart.

There is a man sitting on the exam table. He has black hair and built arm muscles. He is definitely gorgeous. But his bright brown eyes tell me that I know him.

He smirks at me and raises an eyebrow as his eyes move up and down my body. I gulped before I attempted speaking again.

"What brings you in today?" I ask again.

"I'm just here for a check up." He said. "You look awfully familiar, do I know you?"

I quickly look up.

"I don't believe so." I pause. "Now let's get started."

"Wait. What's your name?" He asks.

"This is highly inappropriate." I sigh. "Jessica jung."

A smile came across his face and boy was he handsome.

"Ah, Jessica. You look so different. You've definitely changed."

I was confused. He knew who I was yet I still couldn't figure out who he was.

"I'm sorry, I don't know you." I said and went back to business. I grabbed the stethoscope and placed it on his chest.

His heart was beating unusually fast as I watched the time and counted the beats. Huh. I raised my eyebrow and looked at him. His face was way too close to mine and my breathing hitched.

I retracted my hand and moved away from him. I wrote the numbers on his chart when I heard him speak.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter