Chapter 12: Safe in Your Embrace

Forever By Your Side (BaekYeol FanFiction)

-AUTHOR'S POV-

The two lovers, Kyungsoo and Kai, went back to their friends.

"Don't act anything suspicious in front of them. Even in your father. I hope everything will succeed, in accordance to our plan." Kyungsoo said, wiping Kai's tears. Kai just nodded and smiled.

"Are you two okay?" Luhan asked. "Your eyes swell. Did you cry?"

"No! No, just Kai and I just can't sleep for these days." Kyungsop said, giving Luhan a nervous chuckle.

"Are you sure you two are really okay?" He asked. The couple nodded.

Baekhyun can't stand up from his seat. He wants to take care of his bodyguard.

"Yosh! I'll be his bodyguard for the meantime!" exclaimed Baekhyun. Sehun startled at Baekhyun.

"Better keep your voice down, Baek." Sehun said with a chuckle. A few minutes later, Baekhyun fell asleep.

Meanwhile...

"I'm home." Kai uttered.

"Ah, my son." He said to Kai. "So how's he? The heir?" asked his father.

"What do you care? He's dying okay!" Kai exclaimed, raising his voice to his father. He stormed to his room and left his father startled for a moment.

FLASHBACK

"Listen, I have a plan." Kyungsoo said. Kai listened attentively.

"Pack your bag with clothes to wear. I'll let you stay at my home. But the consequence, we have to tell my parents about the incident." Kyungsoo told his lover. 
"Will they be considerate about this?" He asked.

"I don't know. But there's no harm in trying to tell them." Kyungsoo said with an assurance.

END OF FLASHBACK

As part of the plan, Kai did pack to escape. He checked his parents so that they won't come inside the boy's house uninvited. When it's time for Kai's parents to sleep, he tiptoed his way to the door when suddenly a glass shattered to pieces.

" that damn cat!" Kai cursed to his breath. He saw someone approaching holding a flashlight. He hid behind the sofa. One of the maids checked the sound, a glass left shattered and she managed to clean the mess. After that, as she leaves, Kai made it outside their house and rode a taxi going to his lovers house.

----------------

Meanwhile...

"Mom, Dad, Kai will be staying here with us for the meantime." he told his parents.

"Why so?" Mom asked.

"He'll tell you when he comes." He told them. They both nodded.

The doorbell rang. "It might be him." Kyungsoo said. "I'll go get it."

He opened the door. It was Kai, panting hard carrying a bulky backpack. he gasp as he saw his boyfriend tired and weary. 

"Come! Come!" exclaimed Kyungsoo, Kai hurriedly went inside his lover's house and greeted his parents politely even though he's weary.

"May we know why are you here at this late hour?" Kyungsoo's father asked. Jongin did not hesitate to tell them what happened. 

There's no harm in trying. Kyungsoo's voice echoed.

Kyungsoo's parents did not even looked surprised in the first place. 

"I see. Kim Enterprises earns most estates here in our country." Kyungsoo's mother said. "You're an obedient child, Kai. But every action, either good or bad, has its consequence." 

"I know." Jongin said, looking down. Kyungsoo reached for his boyfriend's hand, held it and smiled. He mouthed 'It'll be fine.' Kai's strength is Kyungsoo. Without him, Kai would've killed himself already just because of this incident.

"Even so," Kyungsoo's father said, "You can't run away from everything. As my wife had said, every action has it's opposite reaction, either good or bad."

"I'm taking myself and my father to the police." Jongin said, looking at his lover's parents.

"But remember, you're the one who stabbed Chanyeol." Kyungsoo's mother remarked.

"But my father has the worst case than me." he said.

"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo asked.

"He's the one who killed Chanyeol's family."

Everyone gave a shocking face. Kyungsoo's mother covered and tears fell from her eyes. Kyungsoo cried too, looking at his lover.

Jongin gave a chuckle. "He thought that the whole Park family is already dead, so that we could emerge on top. And who would've thought that I have my father's murderer genes."

"You're a good child, Kai. But we won't let this thing pass. I worked in their family. My heart shattered when I heard the new about them." Kyungsoo's father remarked.

"Can I help?" Jongin asked. "My conscience can't rest until Chanyeol wakes up." 

"Heaven's smiling on you, sweetheart." Kyungsoo's mother said. "Stay here for the mean time until we get enough evidence to arrest you father. But he's your father, will it be alright?"

"I hate him now. I envy my boyfriend for having sweet parents like you two." Jongin said, flashing a painful smile with tears falling from his eyes.

"Treat us like your parents then." Kyungsoo's father told him. "I know you'll be a proud husband for my son someday." 

Everybody laughed heartily and slept their remaining nights off.

 

"Chanyurr?" Baek said. "Ch-chanyurr?!" he exclaimed. "Doc!"

Sehun woke up from the screams of Baekhyun. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Chanyurr-"

"Oh dear."

-END OF CHAPTER TWELVE-

 

A/N: Cliffhanger for y'all. Sorry if I updated just now. But anyways, I thank you all readers for voting and reading this story. I may be inactive (pretty much tbh) but no worries, I will finish this. So vote and comment what you think.