Catching Up With The Girls

Living As A K-Pop Princess [Sequel to 'Life As A K-Pop Princess']

~Chae's POV~

Once I had unpacked all my belongings in the spare room I'd lived in during my time with SHINee, I decided to explore the SM building, since there was nothing really else to do until the boys left for a schedule in a few hours. But until then I was going to roam around my new home until I was bored with that too.

After moseying around for an hour or so, I finally came across one of the many music rooms at SM--filled with a piano, guitar and various other music instruments if any of the artists here got inspiration or were just hoplessly bored, like yours truly. I closed the door behind me, heading over to the far wall, which was stuck with numerous little sticky notes. I remebered the first time I'd seen one of these walls, right after SHINee debuted and Key had brought me to a music room to hang out with him and the boys. I'd asked Onew what each little sticky note meant and he told me that anytime an SM artist or trainee came in here and actually wrote a song, they'd write their name and the title on a sticky note then stick it on this Wall of Fame.

I smiled, looking over the names that were written on the notes, some sticking out to me while the others were trainees that I never met or even heard of. I found it kind of fascinating--JYP didn't have anything like this. Some of these songs probably never made it out of this room but a few names stuck out to me--"Oh! My Goddess", written by Jay; "Resignation", written by Yesung and many others from now-famous artists.

Two bright blue ones towards the left side stuck out to me, both of them stuck right next to each other, almost like they'd been put there at the same time. I recognized, with a sad smile, the two names instantly and I the hand-writing on both of them softly.

"Beautiful"--Lee Donghae and "7 Years Of Love"--Cho Kyuhyun.

Never in my life had I realized that those two songs had been written together, by two members of the same group that were said to be best friends. And now, because of me, that friendship was ruined.

I never felt so much self-hatred as I had in that moment, for realizing that I'd ruined a friendship so close...I knew it was my fault, considering how Kyuhyun had hurt me because I'd hurt him unintenionally with his best friend...

My peace that had found itself in my mind came crashing down instantly when I realized that everything that had happened had been my fault...

I'd hurt two of the most amazing people in the whole world without even realizing it and now here I was, afraid to face one and slowly liking the other one. God, I .

Swallowing my pride, I turned around and walked straight out of the room, refusing to look back on the hearts I'd broken.


After a few more days of getting settled into my new home, I finally decided I needed to face my bandmates before I went insane. Quite honestly, I missed them all but here I was, sitting around and practically hiding from them just because I was too afraid to face my old life. But screw that--I was so done with hiding and feeling sorry for myself because I needed to face the consequences of my own actions.

I'd asked Key's manager if they could drop me off at the JYP dorms on their way to the radio show the boys had to do so when the van pulled up in front of my former dorm, I felt like I was going to puke. Would the girls be mad for me disappearing? I'm sure they wouldn't be happy, since our comeback had been put on hold because of my hiatus, even though I wanted them to go on without me. Why should their hardwork suffer without me?

"You going to be okay, noona?" Taeminnie's soft little voice asked, his hand squeezing my own. "You look like you're going to get sick."

I gave Minnie a little smile, squeezing his hand back before I leaned toward the passenger seat, kissing Key on the check before I slid out of the van watching it zoom down the street.

I turned to fact the huge, once-welcoming building, my old home. I'd loved coming here because I felt like I had had my own freedom like my brother, where I didn't have to live with my family, where I could live out my dreams with all my unnies that cared for me as much as I cared for them. My life had been perfect when I'd first started out in Saulena, where I'd thought I had nothing to worry about, where my responsibilities didn't matter just because I was now an idol.

But here I was, a little less than a year later, terrified to walk back in.

I was half-tempted to turn around and walk away but I couldn't bring myself to--I needed to see the girls.

I walked into the lobby, nodding at the stunned secretary--the someone who would attempt to flirt with Kyuhyun when he used to drop me off after our dates--who was probably surprised at seeing me in the first time in forever. As far as she, or anyone outside the know knew, I had quit Saulena or had simply fallen off the face of the earth. I marched straight to the elevator on the right, hitting the up button and waiting for the ding. I rode up to the 12th floor, which held the dorms that the seven of us now lived in. Well, six since I wasn't there anymore.

Walking down the hall I'd once known so well felt like I was walking to an imminent doom--would the girls hate me for disappearing? I had no idea. But I really hoped they'd at least act like they were happy to see me. I really don't think my heart could take another rejection.

I walked up to the main door, taking a deep breath before I knocked on it softly, stepping back. It must've been at least 15 super long seconds before I finally heard the lock click, the door flying open to reveal a very flusterd, very happy looking Choi Mimi.

"Oh, my GOD!" She cried as she hurled herself at me, hugging me so tightly I was afraid I couldn't breathe. I laughed a little nervously, hugging my unnie back before she pulled away to take a gently hold of my hair, gasping. "SO PRETTY! Do you have any idea of how much we've missed your little maknae behind?" She grinned, taking my hand and pulling me inside the dorm before I could respond.

I smiled, feeling a little bit better knowing that Mimi didn't hate my guts. Besides Lu, she was probably my favorite unnie--plus I respected her like no other. Mimi's dancing skills were too die for and her rapping was truly daebak.

Mimi led me into the main room of the door, calling to the other girls, saying she had a surprise for them. But when Lianne, Jihye and Jade came out of the hallway and spotted me, I was tackled by the three of them so fast it made my head spin. They were screaming at me all at once so I couldn't really tell you what they were saying but at least they sounded happy to see me.

"You're back?!" Jihye, our group's fierce rapper, grinned as she hugged me tightly. "Just wait until Kyuna hears!"

"She still living at home with her husband?" I asked, smiling softly at my unnies. I know I'd only been gone for a month but things happen fast here.

Lianne nodded smiling. "She wanted to wait to tell you, since no one besides us and their families' know but...Kyuna's pregnant! JYP's giving her a hiatus soon so she can stay healthy for the baby!"

I was stunned a first, so happy for Kyuna that I wanted to cry. But then I realized that JYP had granted yet another hiatus from our group. Had I made it difficult for Kyuna to get some time off just because I didn't want to face my own demons? I really hoped not.

"Where's Lu?" I heard myself asking, almost disappointed that my best friend hadn't come out of her room and tackled me to the floor.

The girls all fell silent before they looked at each other, almost agreeing to tell me what exactly what was going on. Then Mimi finally answered.

"Lu's kind of...quit."

Those impossible words almost fell on deaf ears. Lu wanted to be in Saulena almost--if not more--than I have after she was assigned to be the 10th and final memeber of Girls' Generation when we were trainees at SM. When we moved to JYP, I knew it was almost a blessing for Lu, getting away from the disappointment of not being able to work so close with Chullie but she dealt with it, just like I had to work away from Key.

"W-what?" I barely whispered, still shell-shocked.

Jihye sighed, crossing her arms, looking annoyed. "Lulu quit because she found herself 'another outlet of fame.' That was what she called when she grabbed her things and ran out a week or two after you went to Daegu. I think she was finally cracking under the silent treatment all of us were giving her."

"Why?"

Her eyebrows shot up before she lowered her voice. "You mean...you haven't talked to Henry since you left?"

I thought back on my best guy friend, thinking of the last time I'd heard from him. "A-Aniyo...He was there when Key dropped me off at my parents' house but...that's the last I've heard from him...I thought the boys were working in Taiwan..."

Lianne pursed her lips, looking down. "They were. That's what makes this whole thing more worse."

"Makes what so much more worse? Will someone please tell me what's going on here?"

"After you left, Lu kinda...changed. A lot." Mimi began, pursing her lips as she thought back to the happenings that went on while I was gone. Probably the biggest change, the one that caused all of us and most of Super Junior, if not all of them, to be super upset with Lu was...well..." She bit her lip. "I know you're going to flip when we tell you..."

"Tell me." I murmured, worried about who'd gotten hurt and what my best friend had done that was so bad...

"...She cheated on Henry." Mimi finished, sighing.

...No.

FREAKING.

WAY!


 

I think a pretty decent chapter to leave you guys with for now :3

Yes, Lu . D: I know, I know...Poor Mochi...D: