Switching Sides

Living As A K-Pop Princess [Sequel to 'Life As A K-Pop Princess']

~Key's POV~

Why haven't I heard from Chae yet...? She said the meeting at JYP wouldn't take that long, with them just discussing her comeback with Saulena...I thought to myself, glancing at my phone every two seconds, hoping for a text from Chae but that has yet to happen. She'd come out of her room, looking sort've freaked out, saying JYP had called for a meeting. No big deal, she'd said. Probably just going to talk about my comeback with the girls.

Well, that was over three hours ago and the sun was beginning to go down, as well as my hopes for Chae to call. I stared at the clock in the living room, my fingers drumming impatiently on the arm of the couch. My patience had worn thin almost an hour ago and I was about ready to walk my over to JYP and raise hell until I found my sister.

"Umma~" Minnie's tiny voice came from the kitchen, making me look away from the clock on the wall towards my maknae. "Donghae-hyung's on the phone, asking for you."

I felt my eyebrows bunch together on my forehead, wondering what the hell the fish wanted with me. He never really talked to me unless it was about...

Oh, no.

I bolted towards the kitchen, grabbing the phone from Jjong's hand before I practically screamed "WHERE'S MY SISTER?!" at Donghae.

I listened to the panicking fish speak, barely understand what he was saying but I understood enough. I dropped the phone, barely hearing it clatter on the floor before I whispered, "Chae's m-missing..."


~Donghae's POV~

"Hyung!" A voice called behind me as I practically ran down the hallway, only stopping to double-check halls for Chae. I'd known that Chae had had her meeting with JYP today--she'd texted me before she left, telling me she'd be done soon and that she'd come to see me. But that was pushing on four hours ago and I was going crazy.

Key was coming down the hall behind me, looking just as flustered and terrified as I was. "I just got a call from Wooyoung at JYP. He said they've searched that whole building for Chae and they can't find her anywhere..."

My heart dropped into my stomach from this news, my head already pounding as I tried to think of more places Chae could be. None of us knew what had gone on in that meeting but it must've been bad enough to cause Chae to not reply to any of our texts or calls. The mere thought of something happening to her made me want to strangle someone but I tried to stay focused on finding her.

Ryeowook, Chullie, and Teukie came running down the hallway towards us.

"I just got a call from Yesung--no luck where they're at..." Teukie panted, referring to Yesung, Kyuhyun, Siwon, and Sungmin.

"Hyung, I really don't know where else she could be..." Key said, looking at me before he shook his head, tears welling in his eyes. I knew the two of us were freaking out more than anyone here, trying to figure out where our Chae could be.

Suddenly my phone started ringing, singing Eunhyuk's rap from "Marry U", letting me know my best friend was calling. I picked it up instantly.

"...We found Chae..." Hyukjae's voice replied solemnly, sending my heart plunging again when I thought of all the possible reasons as to why his voice sounded as sad as it did.

"Dammit, Hyuk--where is she?" I demanded, growling through my teeth.

"...Henry found her in the parking garage...She's soaked from snow, freezing, and we think she's sick...We're taking her to our dorm now." He replied, telling someone in the background to wrap Chae in more blankets.

"What the hell happened to her, Hyukkie...?" I heard myself mumble, my own body numb as I picture the mess Chae must've been.

I heared Hyukkie sigh before he finally replied. "I called Mi and asked...Apparently, she and Chae have both been let go from JYP. Chae's...well, she's just taking it harder than Mi..."

"L-let go...?" I stuttered stupidly, trying to comprehend the fact of two of Saulena's girls being let go without even a second thought.

"Hae, I'll explain everything when we get her back to the dorm, arasso?" Hyukkie hung up, leaving me there stunned in the hallway.

I took off running towards our dorm, towing a frantic Key with me while the others followed. I burst through the main door, running down the main hall before I reached the living room, seeing some of the other members crowded around a small, blonde figure on the couch. I pushed Siwon out of the way more forceful than nessecary so I could get to Chae.

Her blonde hair was soaked, sticking to her head and face from the snow that was coming down in pratically a blizzard now, her tiny body freezing even though she was wrapped in the huge quilt that always hung off the back of the couch. I didn't hestitate before I grabbed her shoulders, pulling the sobbing girl to me and holding her tightly while her brother hugged her from the other side.


~Chae's POV~

Three Days Later~

So many ish things have happened to me in the last five days of my life--I'd returned from Daegu, hoping to start over, hoping to begin anew. Well, that failed when I realized my feelings for Donghae had only doubled, making me confused as hell. Then I find out Lu, who was practically my sister, cheated on my Mochi. And finally--I was fired from JYP with Mimi.

Now about the whole thing with Mimi being fired totally threw me off. I'd walked into that conference room, seeing no familiar faces besides JYP himself before I spotted Mimi, sitting beside the only empty chair, looking just as sick as I felt. Of course, like me, she'd already known what ws coming so she didn't bother looking as horrible as I did.

According to JYP, he'd told us that he had decided to officially disband Saulena, letting the girls go on with what they wished to. If that meant staying at JYP, hoping to become part of a group or become a solo artist, then so be it. But the members that wanted to go on with their lives were more than welcome to.

But Mimi and I were being traded.

I'd only heard about happenings like this with other groups, but I've never actually heard about it firsthand. Trading meant just that--our company was giving us to another company, just like we were a toy. That basically meant that JYP was proud for us to have that much attention but that meant that we didn't mean that much to them to just be let go so suddenly.

I'd never felt so betrayed in my life. I'd gone through hell when Lu and I got transfered to JYP from SM several years ago, where we'd both started training with Key until he got drafted into SHINee. I'd literally worked my off for JYP and Saulena, wanting nothing but the best for JYP himself and the other members. But no, that still wasn't good enough for them.

When I was finally able to speak after my stunned silence, the first thing I could think of was to ask where we were going.

"To SM Entertainment, of course." JYP replied, a huge smile on his face. "They'd offered a huge price for the two of you, saying they wanted Chae's vocals and Mimi's rapping skills, as well as your perfect dancing skills. According to Soo Man, he's creating a sister group of Girls' Generation, which I find amazing. I've never seen him put one group on such a pedestal only to add another group that is supposed to be just like them." He laughed, shaking his head. "Best of luck to him, I guess."

I cringed, just thinking of how easily he'd told us that we were getting moved to JYP's biggest rival, my own brother's company to go through the hell of becoming a trainee again. But, according to him, we wouldn't have to. Soo Man was giving us a free ride into their latest girl group, made up of 7 other trainees, bringing our number up to the grand total of 9, just like his prized possession. Now I didn't have anything against SNSD but just how they were treated so much better than my SJ boys and my SHINee kids sent my blood boiling. The mere thought of becoming a group just like that made my skin crawl.

But I'd have to get over it if I ever wanted to be on a stage again. It wouldn't be so bad, since I'd have Mimi by my side. But then again, I still had to figure out the other hells I was going through at the moment.


D: Saulena is no more?! D: GASP! <3

Anywho~I think this chapter is relatively long and I've decided that the following ones will be too :3 Just because I actually feel like writing now :3 <3 Please comment~