The Blame Game Has No Winner

Living As A K-Pop Princess [Sequel to 'Life As A K-Pop Princess']

~Chae's POV~

"I wasn't kidding when I said how much we've all missed you, Chae." Donghae looked up from his cup of hot chocolate, his equally dark eyes looking dead into mine. If I hadn't known any better, I probably would've begun a blubbering mess, thinking that was him confessing that he was the only one that had missed me while I was away. But come on. I wasn't that stupid.

...Was I?

I couldn't help but shrug, looking at the snowy landscape around us. I know I probably should've said something slightly intelligent to that but I couldn't think of anything. The real reason that I'd ran from everything here was because I needed to go away. I was just running from the things I felt I couldn't face yet or just...Aish, I don't even know what I'm saying.

I just ran. That's all there is to it.

"To be quite honest, I'm still pissed at Kyu." Hae chuckled ruefully, shaking his head. "I mean, I just am, y'know? Like I know a lot of the other members have...not really forgiven him...but they've kinda gotten back to normal with the kid. But me...I just...can't." He wrapped his hands around the cup from Starbucks in his hands, resting on the table between us. "Every time I look at him now, all I can think about is you running up to me at Music Bank...crying hysterically...Key holding you...Then I saw Kyu run up, all flustered and freaked out." I looked up at him, seeing his eyes on the table while he was deep in thought. "And I just...knew. It clicked together instantly, what happened, I mean. I was so pissed so fast at him...for hurting you. I know it sounds dumb but I felt like...I needed to protect you or something..."

I stared at Donghae, not sure what to say in response. My heart was practically swelling out of my chest as his words because...well, they were just too damn sweet. But another part of me was upset that there had been so much unseen tension between the members because of what had happened between Kyuhyun and me. As far as I knew, they had all been okay, considering from the preformances and appearences and such. But Lord only knew how good of actors these boys were because I couldn't tell there'd been something wrong secretly.

Something that was practically my fault, by the way.

How, you ask? Well, that's because I was the broken-hearted girl, I was the one that ran out of Music Bank a complete wreck that day, and I was the one that ran off to Daegu to get away from it all.

So that, my lovlies, is what I consider to be my fault.

"Donghae..." I started, not really sure what to say. I mean what was I supposed to say? I'd runined the friendship the Super Junior members had had with their maknae just because he didn't want to date me anymore...

"No, I already know what you're going to say, Chae, and I'm not gonna let you say it." His eyes shot up to lock with mine and I swear I felt...something. Like a tug towards him that felt a little close to...romantic than I was willing to go. "You cannot blame yourself for what happened that day in Music Bank, arasso? If Kyuhyun was that pissed off about you and I--" Oh, I should NOT have enjoyed the way that sounded--"then he should've taken it on me, not you. Lord knows you'd only been through enough a month beforehand..."

I flinched a little, thinking of the whole Hea incident how...he'd protected me through it all. Now he was nowhere around, probably out of my life forever and here I was, torn between his old best friend and what used to be.

God, I .

~Donghae's POV~

I'd known those eyes enough to know exactly what Chae was thinking and well, I wasn't having it. Every word I'd said had been true: If Kyuhyun was that pissy about me and her just dancing then he should've picked the fight with me, not her. Chae didn't deserve it but here she sat, almost two months later, still looking like a ghost of the bubbly girl she used to be.

Oh, how much I missed the old Chae. The one that smiled all the time, the one that didn't act like a shell of a person. I honestly can't tell you if I more pissed about Kyuhyun cheating on Chae or the fact that he'd turned her into a completley different person when he'd left. I needed that Chae back...The Chae that...well...

Aish, there was no more beating around the bush for me.

I was in love with this girl. I can't tell you when or where it started happening but all I remember is being into Lu...then I wasn't. Out of nowhere, too. Thank God for that because that girl had turned into such a...I don't even know the right word. But suddenly, Chae was all I thought about, all I wanted. But there was one big obsticle that was there then that's not here now.

Cho Kyuhyun.

As pitiful as it sounds, I don't think I have the strength to even mention the fact that I...like her, let alone love her. She'd been through too much too fast and just throwing that whole idea of a relationship at her would probably make her hate me forever. And that would pretty much be the death of me.

"Donghae," Chae spoke my name softly, sending some sort of shock through my body that made my heart race. "I...I really understand where you're coming from but...I can't...I can't let myself sit here, knowing that I am the reason why half the members are pissed at Kyuhyun. I just can't." She said weakly, her eyes blinking so many times as she gazed out the window that I was afraid she'd burst into tears in front of me. I really couldn't take seeing her cry again...It literally killed me too much.

"Chae-ah..." I whispered, gently touching her arm. "You're not to blame, I swear. No, the members...we all just love you so much, do you know that? Almost as much as we love Lu because she's Chullie's sister. But you...you're not any one of our sisters but we love you just the same. Wookie cares so much for you that he cried when he found out you'd gone back to Daegu without saying goodbye...Teukie, Wonnie, Hyukkie, and Yesung had wanted to kill Kyuhyun because they'd never seen you cry before. But knowing their own dongsaeng was the reason set those four off in a freakin' terrifying way." Without realizing it, my hand had made its way down her arm on its own accord before I rested my fingers over hers as her hand laid on the table between us. "Chae..." I closed my eyes, trying to think of a way to word what I wanted to say. "I...I sat in my room for...hours after you left...trying to think of a way to bring you back..." I opened my eyes, locking onto hers. "Chae, I lo--"

"Chae...?" A voice behind me cut me off, making me want to punch the window beside me in aggravation. I'd been so damn close to confessing my love for her and here someone had the guts to cut me off! I swear when I find out--

I turned in my chair, facing a very heartbroken, very sulken Henry Lau.

Before I could say or do anything to my poor Canadian friend, Chae launched herself at him, blubbering and crying as she hugged her best friend. For a milisecond, I was jealous but I remember the hell Lu had put the poor kid in so I let Chae hug him, hold him, tell him how sorry she was for what had happened.

There that girl goes again, apologizing for something that wasn't even remotely close to being her fault.

And Hyukkie, the one person I'd told about my thing for Chae, had wondered why I'd fallen so hard so fast for this girl.


...Kill me if you want to :3 But I think you'll want me around to finish this, right? <3

Anywho~Little chappie to explain the whole ChaeHae situation. Poor Fishy is so sad! D: AND LU IS EVIL! D;<

No picture for this chappie for now because well, my computer isn't letting Google or any picture finding website work right at the moment so...yeah D: