Well Hell

Living As A K-Pop Princess [Sequel to 'Life As A K-Pop Princess']

~Chae's POV~

My Mochi was heartbroken--anyone with a pulse could see that. But it literally killed me to see him this way all because of Lu. From what I could tell just by looking at him, there'd been no warning about the cheating, then her dumping him. He was left completely out in the dark, much like the rest of us. But I had so much pride for my little Mochi, sticking around Seoul even though he knew Lu was around here somewhere.

Henry sat beside Donghae in the private little booth in the back of the cafe, his eyes staring blankly at the cup of coffee Donghae had placed in front of him a few minutes before. He wore his ever-present hat, always turned to where the brim was facing backwards, but it was low enough to practically cover his eyes.

You just wait until I get my hands on you, Kim Lulu...I thought sourly to myself, wanting to strangle the girl for doing this to Henry. He'd been through too much, with all the work SJM was putting up with, Super Show, plus all the anits that still harrassed my Mochi and Long Legs. I was this close to just smackin' a btich.

"Henry, please say something." I begged quietly, reaching across the table to put my hand over his, trying to break him of his silence.

He only flinched, his eyes flickering to my hand for a moment before he turned his gaze out the window. I couldn't tell if was just not wanting to speak or was just completley ignoring my question so I opened my mouth to try and pry answers out of him when I felt a hand on my arm, making me look across the table at Donghae, who merely shook his head. I sighed, pouting a little as I let go of Mochi's hand and leaning back in my seat.

I know Henry probably wasn't too fond of talking about what was going on but I was dying for answers here. In case anyone's forgotten, he's my best friend. Of course I'd been a crappy one to him lately, running back home without warning, but that didn't mean I couldn't help him.

I turned to look out the window, seeing little delicate snowflakes beginning to fall.


I laid in my bed in SHINee's dorm that night, trying to think of a way to comprehend everything that Donghae had spilled to me the moment he'd dropped me off here, after making sure Henry was up at the SJ dorm. The two of us had stood in the hallway outside SHINee's dorm for a good twenty minutes, talking about the whole HenLu break up that happened while I was AWOL.

"She didn't even have the decency to do it somewhere else..." Hae spoke softly, his eyes distant as he thought back to the night it happened. "All I remember was seeing Henry showing up at our doorstep, looking like he was about to...burst. It took a lot of prying from Zhou Mi, Wonnie, Chullie, and myself but when we eventually did get what happened out of him, Chullie took off like a bat outta hell to find his sister."

"What exactly did happen...?" I murmured, almost afraid to know the severity of what caused Henry's appearence.

Donghae gave me a look before he sighed, leaning against the wall beside me. "He...well, your guys' dorm was empty because the other girls had gone out to visit Kyuna, right after she told the girls she was pregnant. As far as they all--and the rest of us--knew, Lu was sleeping after just getting back from filming a CF in Busan. She'd given Henry a key to the dorm long ago, so he could visit when he was free and all that. Well, he walked into the empty--well, at least it looked empty--dorm, making his way to her room when he..." Hae reached up, pinching the bridge of his nose between his fingers as he squeezed his eyes shut. "Well, the gist of it is that he found her in her own bed with another guy. Some trainee punk from Cube or something."

My brain had gone completely blank, trying to comprehend the wave of information I'd just had thrown at me. I was staring at Donghae in shock but I couldn't see him--All I could see was a panic-struck Henry, standing in the doorway of Lu's room, seeing God knows what (though it's not hard to guess) before he ran. Then I saw red as I thought about Lu, obviously not feeling a damn bit guilty for hurting him like that because, according to what Henry was able to sputter out at the boys, Lu didn't even bother coming after my Mochi.

I was going to kill her.

I squeezed my eyes shut, feeling tears well up as I realized how quickly my life had gone from fixed to hell again. One of my best friends had turned into a legit while the other was wallowing away because of other said best friend. Then, on top of all that, I was already starting to...really like Donghae. He'd never gotten to finish what he'd wanted to tell me but part of me was terrified to know. I'd seen that fire in his eyes before, the same one he always got before the boys took the stage or when someone brought up his father...Whatever Hae had been about to say had been more serious than I think I could've been able to handle.


The next morning, I woke up to my cellphone singing 'Honey', which only meant one thing--I was getting a call from JYP himself.

I know what you're thinking--you actually have your company's CEO in your contacts? Well...yeah. Sometimes it was the easiest way to get a hold of any of us if he needed us.

I d the nightstand for my iPhone, finally picking it up and bringing it to my ear before I politely answered.

"Yeboseyo?" I sat up in my head, covering the mouthpiece so I could clear any sounds of sleep from my throat.

"Kim Chaenne! I'd heard from a little birdy, that birdy specifically being named Choi Mimi, that you were back in town! That's so good to hear! We've all missed you, Chae-ah." JYP's chirpy voice replied in my ear, making me smile but feeling super awkward at the same time. I knew, without a doubt, JYP had probably been busy helping 2PM and Wonder Girls with all their promotions and such.

"Thank you, sunbae-nim." I replied, resisting to roll my eyes. JYP had never given me any reason to hate him or be smart so I'd just chosen to always be polite, that sort of thing.

"I was wondering if you'd be interested in coming down to JYP for a quick meeting with me and some of the other executives here...If that would be alright with you...?"

I felt my breath lock in my throat, my heart stopping instantly.

I didn't even have to go down to JYP to know what he'd wanted to talk about.

I was being fired.


One living hell right after another~ D: Oh well :3 Things'll light up soon <3 Promise ;)