Everyone Has A Dark Side

Living As A K-Pop Princess [Sequel to 'Life As A K-Pop Princess']

~Chae's POV~

After wandering around the ballroom for a little while, I found myself a the food table the staff had set out for the guests. I picked up a delicate looking roll and began picking it apart, nibbling lightly on it. My conversation with Hae played over and over in my mind, again and again. Did I want to be in a relationship with him? I honestly didn't know anymore. I hadn't seen him in forever and suddenly switching companies had taken up all of my thought process, but the thought of adding another piece of madness to my life right now made me feel like I was about to throw up.

"I was hoping I'd be able to talk to you sometime tonight." A hautingly familiar voice came from the other side of the table, making my head shoot up into the deep brown eyes of Cho Kyuhyun.

I couldn't breathe. My entire body had frozen, my fingers almost dropping the roll from my hands.

No...

"I think it's best if you and I talk in private, don't you think?" He picked up a prepared glass of wine, swishing the ruby red liquid around before taking some in his mouth. I felt all too aware of all of his movements but it was like my body had been so used to watching his every move--just like it had when we were together.

I couldn't make any sound in response so I only nodded, following him around the table another set of doors that led out to the balcony I'd just been standing on with Donghae. A sick feeling found its way into the pit of my stomach and I prayed I wouldn't get sick. Kyuhyun led me to the railing, leaning against it as he looked out towards the night sky, lit up by the lights of Seoul. I suddenly remembered those nights I'd stayed at Super Junior's dorm with Kyuhyun.

Maybe I'd end up getting sick after all.

"I figured it was about time you and I set the record straight, Chae." He said softly, glancing at me before looking back at the city. "It's best to forget about us, that's step one for you. To be quite honest, I think it's best for both of us if we just forget about that little phase of our lives where we were just that--a phase. Let's be real here, Chae. Both of us are too young to fall in love, too worked up into our careers that the thought of pursuing any kind of relationship would just be stupid."

All the air had felt like it'd left my body. He sounded almost as if he resented being with me at all, which made me feel as if my legs were about to give out, suddenly made of jelly.

"Whether you think it's a blessing or not, it's obvious that JYP shipping you to SM was just luck. You're lucky you're appealing to the fans and you're lucky Key's your brother."

Lies. My mind said the word, but my mouth refused to.

"And whether we like it or not, we'll be seeing a lot more of each other, Kim Chaenne." He turned those dark eyes on mine, the very ones I'd loved so much. "So I suggest you get over your little fangirl crush and we move on, arasso? I've been doing just fine with you--the guys and I coming back in August and we to finish up Super Show 3 for the time being, as well as promote for SJM." His mouth turned up in a sick looking sneer that looked so wrong on his handsome face. "So believe me when I say you are the absolute last thing on my mind."

And with that, he his heels and began heading back toward the doors.

Say something! I screamed at myself in my head. Don't just let him get away!

"If it makes you feel any better, Cho Kyuhyun, I'm becoming part of the sister group of Girls' Generation. Yeah, that's right. The very group your precious Seohyun is from. So you're 100% correct when you say we'll be seeing a lot more of each other." I clenched my hands into fists, my voice coming out through gritted teeth. "And as for the fact about my career, you will never say that I've gotten where I am because of my brother. He doesn't dance on stage for me. He doesn't sing or me. My brother has nothing to do with my music career just like I have nothing to do with his position in SHINee." I stomped up to him until I was looking up into the eyes, my own body freezing over with anger. "And you, Cho Kyuhyun, will never be on my mind. Not even the last thing on it, but you will never cross my thought process again. This real side of you has proven that."

I stomped away, finding my brother inside the party.

"Kibbie," I said softly, grabbing his arm. "I want to leave."


 It's been a while hasn't it?

I know I said the next chapter would be much longer but the original copy of this was long, but when the site crashed, it took probably the best chapter I'd even written with it. So this is kind of the skeleton of Chae and Kyuhyun's arguement. Quite honestly, I haven't decided who I even want her to end up with yet--though this makes it seem as if Kyuhyun's not even an option xD Anyways~We shall wait and see :3