Pysch

Living As A K-Pop Princess [Sequel to 'Life As A K-Pop Princess']

~Chae's POV~

"Why the freaking hell would she hurt my Mochi?! I mean, did she not know how much he liked her!?" I paced the living room of the dorm, ready to rip my hair out of my head as I tried to think what mental disease had come into my best friend's brain before it started slowly eating it away. I'd always known Lu to be a little...ditzy. But there's a sever line between ditzy, just plain stupid, and being a .

And she'd crossed all three of these lines at once.

"We really don't know, Chae..." Mimi murmured, curling her pretty dark hair around one finger. "We first notice her change when she started filming all these CFs and stuff--she acted like a supreme diva after that. Like not even in the same range as Chullie. She was just...bad."

"So because she got some screentime she thought it'd be okay to cheat on my best friend?!" I wanted to find Lu, and I don't know, beat the living crap out of her for hurting Henry but I was too busy worried about him. What was going through his poor little head right now? He probably wasn't acting right or was just plain avoiding any of us just so he didn't have to face Lu. My poor Henly...I could only imagine the pain my best friend was feeling.

Mimi shrugged, looking at Jihye and Li, both of which seemed just as pissed about all of this as I was. "Maybe it's for the best for him, you know? I mean, Lu is a flirt. Like it's almost stupid how flirty she is."

I bit my bottom lip, knowing she was right but poor Mochi hadn't seen this coming. As far as I'd known while I was in Daegu, everything was okay with those two. Lord only knows the damage it's done to his heart.

I needed to talk to him.


My reunion with the girls was short-lived when Key showed up at the dorm a few hours later, telling me that the radio show had ended early. I hugged the girls, smiling and promising to see them on stage again before following my brother outside to the van that was filled with the other SHINee members. So I ended up being squeezed between Minho and Minnie in the back row, which I didn't have a problem with at all--I loved those two like no one's business.

"So why didn't anyone tell me my male best friend got his heart stomped on my female best friend?" I said, breaking the silence that had fallen over the van as their manager drove us back to the SM dorms.

I knew instantly from the silence that followed my question that all of them knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Well?" I raised an eyebrow at my brother, who sighed, rolling his cat-like eyes at me.

"We didn't want you to freak out, noona." Taemin answered sweetly. "You were already under so much pressure and stress, just thinking about adding that to your problems didn't seem like a good idea."

I. LOVE. That. Maknae.

I gave him my best smile, which he gladly returned with his own angel smile. "I understand, Minnie. However. The next time something happens to Henry Freakin' Lau, I better hear about it, arasso? He's my best friend in the whole world and, considering how Lu's vacationing on her own little ego trip, he's the only best friend I've got for now. So I suggest one of you telling me the next time, if there is a next time, something happen's like this."

I was mostly directing that at the older three members, considering Minho and Taeminnie were too sweet and innocent to face my wrath so I decided to go after Onew, Dino, and my brother.

I understood their reasoning for not telling me, I really do but still--poor Mochi was probably off somewhere sulking with no one. He didn't deserve that at all, did he?

NO.

But Kim Lu better be ready to rue the day I find her egotisical behind.


"Some say love and friends, they don't mix but I can't help the way that I feel--" My eyes snapped open when I heard Brooke Hogan's voice randomly singing in my ear. I barely had to think when I remember that I'd changed all the ringtones and my phone and the one person who'd gotten the ringtone was the one that had been making my heart jump a little too much for my liking lately.

"Yeboseyo?" I said into the phone softly, my heart thudding in my chest.

"Chae? It's...It's Donghae." He chuckled a little awkwardly. Oh, silly fish. I knew it was you from the sound of your voice.

Whoa...creepy much? Even for me.

"O-Oh! Hi, Hae..." I said, sitting up in my bed, where I'd been comfortably napping. When the boys and I got back to the dorm, Onew and Dino insisted on an intense battle of Halo while Key, Minho, and Taemin just wanted to lay down. So I'd just gone to my room, curling up in my bed and actually got a decent two-hour nap.

"Look, uh...I know this is probably really sudden but I just...well, I'm really glad to see you back.Donghae's voice said softly into the phone, seeming several octaves deeper over the phone. "But I was wondering if you'd be interested in going out today...Just for coffee and hanging out, if that's okay. I know you're probably tired of sitting inside all the time." He chuckled a little, which made me giggle.

"I guess you're right..." I sighed, looking out the window at the snowy city of Seoul. It was beautiful, of course, just like always but the thought of going out with Donghae just seemed to make me feel better. He, besides my brother and Henry, were my rocks--the ones that had stayed by my side through the whole Kyuhyun deal in December. "I'd love to."

"Really?" Donghae's voiced sounded really hopeful, like he'd really wanted me to say yes. "That's...that's great! I'll pick you up in about thirty minutes, arasso? Dress warm."

The phone clicked off before I had the chance to reply.


Kind of a filler :3 But that's okay! <3 Chae's "date" with Donghae is up next ;) You'll see why, all you KyuChae shippers, why I LOVE ChaeHae <3