Saying Goodbye~

Living As A K-Pop Princess [Sequel to 'Life As A K-Pop Princess']

~Chae's POV~

"Mi, I don't think I can do this." I mumbled numbly as I looked at the double-doors looming in front of my unnie and I. The two of us had been stuck into cute party dresses to "celebrate" our graduation from Saulena. Or at least that's what JYP had told all the other girls when the annoucement had been made officially that Mimi and I were being moved to SM's newest girl group, who was yet to be revealed, which meant we were graduating from Saulena.

"Trust me, babe." Mi muttered, flicking some of her bangs out of her eyes. "I feel like I'm about to puke." With that, she pushed open the door to reveal a room filled with our loved ones--the remaining members of Saulena, my boys of 2PM, my brother and the rest of SHINee, and finally Super Junior.

They all burst into applause when we stepped inside the room, the two of us wearing small smiles to make it seem like we didn't want to burst into tears. The first people to greet us were, of course, the Saulena girls. Kyuna hugged us, her beautiful rounded belly showing that she was indeed 5 months pregnant. Jihye was practically crying as she hugged me and Mimi, smiling sadly before she released us.

Junsu and Wooyoung tackled me from both sides, making me want to burst into tears as the two handsome boys I'd grown up with hugged me tightly. I kissed both of their cheeks, smiling sadly when they pulled away. Woo squeezed my hand sadly while Junsu kept a protective arm around my shoulders as we walked around the room. I knew I'd loved those two for a good reason.

When I made it to SHINee, Key stole me away from Junsu, keeping me under his protective arm as I finally made my way to Super Junior. Teukie, Wonnie, Wookie, and Yesung all hugged me at once, practically squeezing the life out of me before they passed me onto the remaining members, save for Donghae and...him.

Kyuhyun stood a few feet away from his hyungs, looking anywhere but at me. There was that damn, harsh pang in my chest again. I felt my hands clench into fists but a hand gently grabbed my wrist, pulling me out onto the little balcony of the ballroom at JYP. I followed Donghae silently, squeezing his hand in a silent thanks for him stealing me away from staring at my ex-boyfriend pathetically.


~Donghae's POV~

Chae stood silently beside me, looking absolutely stunning in a short purple dress that ended a few inches abover her knees, with straps that were modest enough for her to not look gorgeous and not get crap about it. I swallowed hard, glancing out of the corner of my eye at her. She was looking out at the Seoul nightscape silently, obviously deep in thought, thinking about God knows what. I knew she was hurting, from JYP giving her the boot to seeing Kyuhyun again. So much for wanting to confess to her tonight.

"Donghae?" She said my name softly, turning to look me in the eye, which sent electric chills down my spine. "...Thank you so much. For always being here for me, even when I wanted to be alone..." She smiled sadly, the action nearly breaking my heart from seeing the little bit of tears well up in her eyes.

"Chae, why wouldn't I be here for you? I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't protect you..." I smiled softly at her, reaching out to lay a hand on her arm.

Chae replied by placing her own hand over mine. "...Maybe eventually I'll figure out my feelings for you, Donghae..." She whispered before her lips touched my cheek.

Then she was gone.


 Okay, stupidly short chapter but that's because I've been dying to update for you guys. I've been going through a weird phase where I have no desire to write so I'm sorry Dx I promise I'll figure out something for my stories so I'm not leaving you guys hanging forever <3